Is it still OK to enjoy Burzum?

Is it still OK to enjoy Burzum?

>not a female POC
yeah, i don't think so sweater

It was never ok.

It's okay to like whatever you want
You don't dictate your taste based on the opinions of anons on a mongolian basket weaving forum, do you?

Thulean Perspective is lit

of course, if it makes you happy

>if it makes you happy
It doesn't make me happy, but I enjoy it.

Similar to listening to the Joe Rogan Experience.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

>Is it still OK to enjoy Burzum?
What do you mean "still"? It's "ok" more then ever.

Definition of man means different things to different people

T b h, his dungeon synth is underated

listening to metal, though, is universally agreed upon as being a child's pastime.

I never hear anyone say that outside of Sup Forums

Well, that's because adults rarely even consider metal as a subject worth talking about irl, if not an outright embarrassing one. This only leaves metal manchildren to talk amongst themselves.

"Adults" barely talk about any music that's not in the mainstream. It doesn't mean that listening to less known music makes you a child. It just means that you enjoy music more than the average person.

I guarantee you that you're a young fag who's only describing what you think "adults" are. But really user you have no idea and just wanna make it look like you do

>"Adults" barely talk about any music that's not in the mainstream.
Maybe your parents, lol

>It doesn't mean that listening to less known music makes you a child.
Never said that--I specifically meant meal.

>I guarantee you that you're a young fag who's only describing what you think "adults" are. But really user you have no idea and just wanna make it look like you do
wishful thinking ;)

>resorting to reaction images because he can no longer formulate arguments.
what a booty-blasted child

I don't think Varg makes metal anymore, he probably feels similar to you in what it has become since.

Never met anyone who will talk to me about music outside of mainstream shit.
So does that mean that liking stuff that isn't mainstream is childish?
Where do you draw the line?
Is having a hobby childish?
Is liking music in general childish?

>Maybe your parents
You can't say I'm making a generalization when your whole statement is a generalization

Good job proving his point, are you even old enough to be on this website?

yeah, now he just LARPs irl and peddles solipsistic nonsense as practical philosophy (like a child).

>what a booty-blasted child
Let me guess, you just turned 18? Wow, congratulations buddy!

he's a great meme, isn't he?

Outside of the 'we wuz bears' type shit how is it nonsense? There are some practical elements to what he says (like about farming)

You're an even bigger fedora tipper than the metalheads themselves, I am amazed how somebody can achieve that!

>Never met anyone who will talk to me about music outside of mainstream shit.
maybe go out more? I know plenty of adults who I've spoken to about a wide-range of non-mainstream musical acts that adults listen to like Oneohtrix Point Never, Dag Nasty, Husker Du, Cocteau Twins, and Prefab Sprout, just to name a few off the top of my head.

>So does that mean that liking stuff that isn't mainstream is childish?
when it's metal, of course.

stop whining

Nice bait m8. 8/8
No way someone is actually this retarded

the truth in my post must hurt so much to read that you have to delude yourself, and think, "oh man, wow! there's no way someone can actually think that." I hate to break it to you, but most of the working world does

>>So does that mean that liking stuff that isn't mainstream is childish?
>when it's metal, of course.
Then I'll stay childish, because I'm not insecure enough to stop liking things because people say that liking them makes me childish.

It's really fucking hard to predict how people will react on this one. You literally never know if people will recognize it as classic black metal, which is well liked by both metalheads and hipsters, or if they'll be weirded out and say "user, why are you listening to music by a white supremacist?"

>Then I'll stay childish, because I'm not insecure enough to stop liking things because people say that liking them makes me childish.
That's great, Billy! Oh look, mom's calling from downstairs with milk and Oreos! maybe you can mash it all on your face and look like your favorite Darkthrone characters!

You

Man, you're so fucking pathetic. Does it really make you so angry that someone likes something that you don't?

I'm lol'ing at how pathetic metal and it's listeners are, don't see where you got angry from.

If that's you want to keep telling yourself, then be my guest.

Burzum was always liked by people who aren't mealheads tho. Filosofem was at the top of the indie chart in the UK in 1996. The stupid lords of chaos obsession shit and the hyperfixation on varg out of norway started a while afterwards

So you don't believe in the fact that music can be subjective? Or once again, does this only apply to metal and no other genre in order to suit your perspective?

I haven't really followed this "childishness" dialogue, but I have noticed that the kids who've joked with me about how the hardcore punk and death metal I like is edgy and childish, are the same people who listen to mainstream tween pop like Ed Sheeran. The people I'm talking about are in their mid 20s. Since when is it more adult and mature to listen to shitty pop music? It's not like they've gotten into classical, jazz, or folk. It's like at some point you're supposed to adjust into society, which means throwing away your interest in art and getting used to awful commercial pop and pop country, to go along with your bland, unrewarding office job. I hate people and I want to burn their offices down.

How do I get this good at baiting?

if you are retarded is fucking great and cool, makes you look even more retarded

if you are a normal cool guy its not OK to enjoy fecal sacs

okay, I will. While I tell the truth to myself, you just keep lying to yourself about metal's suitability for adults.

>So you don't believe in the fact that music can be subjective?
Now you're putting words in my mouth. Music is of course subjective, and there's craft in music so simple and childish as nursery rhymes--and for the same reasons I don't listen to metal, I don't listen to nursery rhymes.

This. So much this

>I hate people and I want to burn their offices down.

(in response)
>This. So much this

Wow, what a entirely mature world outlook on display! Maybe I was wrong about the metal community.

(That's sarcasm, by the way. I hope you'd get that without me saying it but I have my doubts)

>I hate people and I want to burn their offices down.
I don't really like people either but this part does make you sound edgy.

it's a metalhead, what do you expect.

"Become a drone it's the mature thing to do"

Also
>Can't tell obvious sarcasm.
No one is gonna actually burn an office down

It was a metaphor about the frustration with work culture and wage slavery. Which is a valid thing to be frustrated with.

Why do you think anger is childish? Do you have some pent up problems? You act like adults aren't supposed to have emotion

Okay, friend. You are very mature. You are an inspiration. I can see why you go on sites like Sup Forums, seeking praise from strangers on the internet.

>"Can't tell obvious sarcasm."
>No one is gonna actually burn an office down
No, I got that. It's the idea of evoking an image of yourself burning their offices down to feel better about most adults only listening to pop music that I considered entirely narcissistic and absolutely childish.

>"Become a drone it's the mature thing to do"
Never said or implied that.

I'm one too

ITT: insecure children arguing about what adults like

It's narcissistic to feel aggression toward a facet of society? Non sequitur. Work on your logic, kid.

yeah if his death it is cool to smash his head and piss in his beard

I am not seeking praise, "friend," I am trying to show people the way out of the pernicious subculture that is metal--a subculture that will instill childish values devoid of nuance in it's denizens. It's just as bad if not worse then the my little pony fanbase.

Edgy, just like this guy claims all metalheads to be like.

What would those "childish values" be?

If you're a bigoted piece of shit, sure.

You do realize that violence and aggression were part of the definition of what a male was for a lot longer than what it currently is

Violence and being barbaric is the natural state of man this is undeniable

>It's narcissistic to feel aggression toward a facet of society?
It's not about feeling anger, it's about your manner of dealing it. Conjuring images of yourself as some sort of rebel who burns offices down is a childish one.

>Non sequitur.
My logic is quite simple to grasp, honestly--you're method of dealing with the frustration of adults not liking what you don't like (imagining yourself burning down their offices) is immature as fuck. There's no non sequiter, the truth flows plainly.

>Work on your logic, kid.
Life tip: ending your arguments with "kid" is the wont of anime protagonists, edgy children and fedora tippers.

>worse then
> then

How does liking his music make you bigoted?

he probably is a metalhead, just one who doesn't like Burzum.

You are the most pretentious person ever

>the wont of anime protagonists, edgy children and fedora tippers.
Life tip: This makes your asspain really obvious and tangible.

Sorry, my copy editor must have missed that one.

whatever helps you feel good about losing the argument.

This desu

yes

ITT: Sup Forums is literally a bunch of kids arguing

Children universally disagree.

>burzum
>joe rogan
starter pack/10
Grow up & stop being a walking meme.

Is this your first day on the internet?

user all the bands you listed are at least semi-mainstream

No and that's the sad part

it's good enough for me.

>user all the bands you listed are at least semi-mainstream

Burzum probably sold more records than most of the bands he listed you fucking moron.

I don't believe that for even a second.

I'm sure you believe a lot of dumb shit, because you're a dumbass. Still makes you wrong.

lolno

>The word "burzum" means "darkness" in the Black Speech, a fictional language crafted by Lord of the Rings writer J. R. R. Tolkien

lolyeah

god, what a literal child

You're free to provide sources that would prove your claim, which I'll doubt you'll do considering that now you're claiming as fact something that one post before was a "probably", you fucking clown.

the cocteau twins alone sold more albums than burzum could ever dream of

the music is fine but varg is ignorant and fairly evil

so take what you will

Let me guess, you just turned 20. Still a child, yet you think you're an adult.

Explain, how is he "evil"?

He burned churches? Plus, he killed a man.
I love Burzum, but the guy isn't really a saint.

Let me guess, you haven't grown out of meal. Still a child, yet you're in your nearly 30.

This. I like Burzum, and I actually enjoy some of his commentary, but he killed his guitarist, he allegedly sent anthrax in the mail to an Israeli band that he actually liked, and he's super fucking racist. If you think he didn't do anything wrong, you're fucking retarded.

it's true :c

It's problematic.

This.

>muh blarg is ebil

extreme metal is definitely not childish, as it is not appropriate for children

I don't need to grow out of Metal, I have a broad musical interest. There is good music and shit music in all genres, no need to limit myself to camp Metal or camp Jazz. And, by the way, I'm 27 not 30 and pretty sure I've been to more concerts (and of different things) in a year than you in your whole life, so your childish bickering is hilarious.

Wow, that was easy.

Varg is and always will be /ourguy/

None of that formed a cogent argument, sorry

Doesn't matter, sweet child. You're nothing but a tiny little kid playing grown-up. Your faux sense of maturity is just basic bitch tier.

underage spotted

I like his pagan POV JOI vids