ITT: FAKE KINO

Flicks that filthy plebs insisted had artistic merit but were really shameless cash grabs and progressive pandering.

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uQrj2M-2Uiw
youtube.com/watch?v=jyzNP8IUs2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree with you, OP. It's nothing more than a reboot, but normies and plebs will look past that and say it's the best action movie of 2015.

Almost every movie is a cash grab. If it wasn't profitable it wouldn't get funded.

Go back to rewatching the room and insisting it is artistically pure.

>reee i'm an insecure beta male, p-please stroke my tiny 3 inch ego /poltv/

fucking reddit and RLMbryos couldn't shill this shit harder

good call, OP

Fuck off with this shit, people like you have ruined Sup Forums

OP is reddit tier in his posts Lek

>KINO
Shut the fuck up.

Gah I hated this bullshit, it was worse than all the capeshit circlejerks combined.

I hate soulless films more than anyone, but I begrudgingly admit that Fury Road had artistic merit and was a decent movie

>everything I don't like is nazis!

enjoy your star wars until 2160, bitch

There's a reason it only got nominated at the Oscars for technical awards. It's an awesome movie to look at, but that's it. It's not a "masterpiece" by any means.

no it's not awesome to look at. that orange filter was just disgusting

Watch the Black and Chrome version. That's how George Miller wanted to release it.

>reddit likes it so I cant

as pathetic as it gets

>reddit told me to like it so I will

bottom beta bitch

no I don't want to watch that shit movie ever again

>Giving a shit about what reddit likes or dislikes
Both of you are cunts

Nice try redditor.

Jeez, their careers went straight into the toilet.

Who said it had artistic merit? People said it was an entertaining action movie.

>progressive pandering.

Oh, I get it. This isn't about the movie at all. You're just triggered. Don't worry, the Mel Gibson movies still exist kiddo.

Fury Road wasn't about women empowerment. It was about how a woman in power can undermine any functional society.

I fuckimg hated that movie.

It was just an entertaining action movie. If you want 'kino', watch Road Warrior.

>functional society
the old rapist and his deformed man children telling their people not to get addicted to water

WRONG. It's set after the events of MMBT

>old rapist
boohoo those poor women and their unlimited food water, protection, and luxuries.
>deformed man children
New to madmax? its a post-apocalyptic wasteland with plenty of mutations due to radiation and shit.
>telling their people not to get addicted to water
trying to conserve water is good. Wasting all water is BAD.

>Wanting to be raped on a regular basis by a decaying old man
Whatever floats your boat

But it was. At least in top 10 of 2015.

I haven't paused a movie just to take in the set like I did for Fury Road ever.

The vehicles alone are kino, get fucked plebz.

Road Warrior had better vehicles

Maybe if you're some /o/ fag, but in the way I mean it, no.

I'll grant you the Gigahorse is pretty cool, but most of the vehicles all looked the same with little to distinguish them, whereas you'd constantly be picking out familiar cars in the Road Warrior

Anyone who thinks fury road is bad has no idea about movies and does so because of its popularity.

And the “progressive pandering“ isn't even that, at least not compared to other recent films. I hate sjw's and their bullshit as much as any sane person, but this flick has nothing but a decent, subtle message.

That looks awful, but hey I think I have a cool movie for you
youtube.com/watch?v=uQrj2M-2Uiw

this list is all over the fucking place i dont get it

BvS

Literally plebddit: the cuppacino

Any Refn movie, except Drive and Pusher

You obviously have no concept of the world that was built in Mad Max.
The only realistic alternative for any of those women is constant rape by thousands of men throughout the waste. Except without proper care given and all the many luxuries they had with Joe.
Besides, how much stamina can the guy have?

So yes if i was one of those little girls I'd take daily Joe rape and life of relative luxury over being nothing but a fuckhole for hundreds of cocks daily.

yeah, and these were feasible, something you could believe people would drive in that world
this looks like some bullshit i would have designed when i was 10 'lolololol ima make a doublecarmonstertruck!!'

>Only options are to get raped by one man or raped by thousands of men
Do you read what you post?

Perhaps. I was more crusading against the plebs who think the movie sucks.

They actually built it you fucking retard. That was my whole point.

god this film was awful

couldn't make it past the 30 minute mark though so maybe it gets good

you're painting quite a grim picture of men here user

kino

>Car body mounted on tank treads
Yeah, this is just silly. I enjoyed Fury Road, but it's an apocalyptic comic book fantasy because of things like this, whereas with Road Warrior you could believe it was Earth after the fall of society

I'm not feeling wrong.
more like a realistic picture of third world shitholes.

>They actually built it you fucking retard
and this has fuck all to do with what i said. did you think i was saying it was cgi? of course they built it, fucking retard.

but thats the opposite dumbass

can you take a break from discussing what is and isn't seddit - to look at my thread?

nope forced myself thru it all, didn't get any better

its a high quality bait, it throws in mainstream and cult shit in the middle of obvious edgy kid stuff to get as many people as possible

>no artistic merit
>gets universal praise for every single technical aspect behind its production
>main character has almost no dialog and still gets some light character development
im not sure if this is bait or you're autistic.

I dont know what the directors intentions were but the movie is pretty good, if he wanted to deliver a feminist message he failed pretty hard because the bitches aint the reason people will remember the movie

>progressive pandering
they would have all died in the desert had they followed her plans. it came down to max, a man, to save them all. this movie isn't as feminist as some of you like to think

>tfw barely any cute twinks in the wasteland

You said a vehicle that exists in reality wasn't feasible.

>b-b-b-but i mean by the wastelands standards

If its not too far fetched for you, I feel like the God King could have pulled a few strings.

This

Designs in general looked more distinctive in RW

Reddit has no taste no life or soul.
these are combinations of internet redneck bullshit.
most rednecktors ruin internet culture as they do in life. so fuck off and take your banjo with you

The movie has not much artistic merit. Is just an enjoyable, well paced action movie with interesting world-building (made with camera work not with blablabla).
That's all.

It's actually hilarious how hard this movie tries to be kino.

I bet your name is Owen.

Is Blaster in Mad Max 3 supposed to be the same mentally disabled character as in Mad Max 1? They're played by different actors, but it would be great if that reveal was intended to demonstrate how the harsh wasteland has corrupted and exploited what was originally an innocent and non-violent character.

Max looks shocked during the reveal, but he doesn't comment on it, so it could be a different, unrelated mentally disabled giant.

Nah, I think there's too many differences. Benno was pretty big, but unless he grew like seven inches then he's not going to be Blaster. 15 years pass between MM and BT as well, so he would have aged more too.

What are some artistically mercurous films then, you fucking pseud?

>Stop enjoying things

When he says "witness me" before dying in the big crash, I really wish the girl made the "X" with her hands.

Projecting much?

youtube.com/watch?v=jyzNP8IUs2g

This guy does a great analysis of it.

Shits all over the retards who say it's not one bit political and try to make the plot seem reasonable.

>it's an another "I don't like the narrative so the movie is shit" thread

Reminder that if you judge a movie just based on it's plot then you are a first class supreme pleboid my dear amigo friend

Fury Road is the best action film since the Matrix.

Oh come on. The stupid granny feminism brigade aside (who all get absolutely BTFO, btw), this movie's cinematography and action were pure kino.

Bladerunner is boring pseudo-intellectual trash

Yip Man is nothing but Chinese propaganda

Drive will always be the One True Kino

Get hit by a bus please.

This so hard
>make a 2 hour sequel to an old 80s franchise
>write a plot for the first 40 minutes that rips off Mad Max 2 in an easily-consumable package that doesn't force any intellectual stimulation whatsoever
>spend the other hour 20 repeating that plot in a really drawn out fashion
>fuck variety
>go on and on about practical effects in your marketing
>put classical music in the trailers
>"OMG PURE KINO"
fucking children

Did the grannies have muskets because somebody said "their weapons should be old too?" as if the 18th century was in living memory or something?

[spoiler[I loved when Max ripped a musket out of a woman's hands in mid-reload and shot a warboy with it, leaving the ramrod sticking out of his chest.[/spoiler]

Nice spoiler

No

Do you think this movie is at the level of Kubric or Kurosawa?

Mine was not a critic. The movie is perfect for what wants to be. Hits all the marks.

The director shat all over the face of Spielberg. Look at this movie, and then look at the pathetic failure of the Crystal Skull. This is one of the few reboots/remake/sequels/prequels that do not suck (quite the opposite).

I like the TFA review, but here is just being triggered.

Thank god we can finally say it, everyone and their mother was splooshing over this hollow dreck.

Doesn't like
>Samsara
>Inland Empire
>Knight of Cups
>Enter the Void
>Neon Demon
>Inherent Vice

Jesus lad here's a (You), you have plebian taste

His magnum opus so far is Only God Forgives. Most of the rest is just jerking off.

God yes. Any flick you have to explain with charts and graphs is a goddamn wreck.

This thread is shit

>Almost every movie is a cash grab or Oscar bait.
FTFY

The guns weren't muskets, the rod was for cleaning out the barrel. Most likely they needed to do so often due to the poor quality of the powder available in the wasteland.