youtu.be/Mw1oKFr6L3I

Epic!

Just listen to more early Beatles.

surely The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle

At least the last 2 minutes of Dead Flag Blues

more pls

listened to them so hard, need more happiness

sweet sweet love

Then how about going a little further back to some of their influences? Unless you've listen to early rock n roll to death.
youtube.com/watch?v=jGq5hquIgp4
youtube.com/watch?v=3jrIK7YB0tE
youtube.com/watch?v=Rk6YDzmqZ0I
youtube.com/watch?v=8SkvaALFQOs

Is Misery a happy track?

Katy Perry and Taylor Swift should be right up your alley if you like early Beatles.

I've heard Pet Sounds describes as "happy songs about sadness." I think that description also fits "Misery" pretty well.

I'm sure it's not a happy track, though it's my favorite off the album
tied with I Saw Her Standing There, that is

yeah this is the shit

bump

such a underrated Beatles album.. this shit is addictive af today. I cant imagine hearing it in 1963

>make an album’s title track about how your girl won’t suck your dick
how did lennon get away with it lads?

They were just pop geniuses from the beginning, weren't they?
I mean, The Who made a song about masturbating to old pictures of a girl who's already dead a few years later. The 60's were pretty wild. Oh, and there are many, many other Beatles songs riddled with innuendo, because ultimately The Beatles look clean cut but were some of the nastiest, dirtiest bastards out there.

How do they play their own instruments and write their own songs without the help of outside musicians and songwriters?

practice, maybe

The Beatles were cute to the ladies

>practice, maybe
No,

Should read:
Oh, do they play their own instruments and write their own songs without the help of outside musicians and songwriters?

Early Beatles are so underrated. Please Please Me and With The Beatles will be listened to a thousand years from now, long after Revolver and Rubber Soul have been forgotten

Misery is definitely a happy track. It's not about the lyrics, it's about the emotions that the raw music/vocals stir up in you. The fact that the lyrics contradict those emotions is just icing on the cake

It's kind of hard for merseybeat to be sad

Please Please Me was a hit single, the label had no idea if the Beatles were ever going to have another hit, they wanted to rush and capitalize on that hit while they could, hence the album name

how is that a happy album

Literally the first song is about a women who is happy that her boyfriend is coming home from prison

>there are many, many other Beatles songs riddled with innuendo, because ultimately The Beatles look clean cut but were some of the nastiest, dirtiest bastards out there.
True
>mfw someone cites the Beatles as an example of how pop music used to be innocent and chaste

What other songs are dirty like please please me?

They were pretty obvious about it most of the time like on Girl with the tit tit tit and most of Day Tripper. The one that disguises itself best is With a Little Help for My Friends.