youtube.com/watch?v=WpN5Xzngwv8
youtube.com/watch?v=aXEEo4j4Zt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Seventh Son Of a Seventh Son
>Not filler: The Album apart from three songs

Now pic related though, holy shit. Fucking GOAT
>Made in 2000 after the two worst Maiden albums
>Still hits harder then most metal albums today

Book Of Souls is pretty damn good too. Saw them live in Toronto and they still have it desu.

I saw them live back in may and they were fantastic, I believe they played a song from that album and it was really good.

If you haven't got the chance to yet, you should probably listen to the whole album. Shit's cash.

love that record, op. the opening track is incredible.

the absolute GOAT of Iron maiden albums
out of the silent planet? GOLD
The wicker man? GOLD
Ghost of the navigator? GOLD
Dream of Mirrors? FUCKING GOLD

Fuck anyone who doesn't think this is the best Iron Maiden Album

that being said they are all pretty good. SEventh son is a personal favorite alongside powerslave and s/t

Not the best Maiden album, so fuck you. Great, but not the best, kid.

my fav maiden album desu

the next album sucks, but then Fear of the Dark is good. the next two albums are bad with a different vocalist. Bruce comes back to Brave New World and it's great. Dance of Death and A Matter of Life and Death are bland. The Final Frontier is amazing, and I haven't listened to their latest release.

Killers, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Somewhere in Time, Brave New World, Dance of Death and Book of Souls are absolutely perfect.

All the other albums are "just" fucking great.

Pic related is probably my favorite with Killers and Book of Souls closing the Top 3

>Final Frontier
Only album I didn't keep any of the songs. I even saved a couple from Blaze Bayley's albums

>>Made in 2000 after the two worst Maiden albums
X Factor wasn't that bad though.

I suggest you relisten to Isle of Avalon and Starblind.

X Factor is leagues better than No Prayer for the Dying and Fear of the Dark

Why do so many people hate the two Blaze albums? Certainly you wouldn't expect them to continue doing the same they had done with Bruce for the past 15 years

These songs are amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=WpN5Xzngwv8

youtube.com/watch?v=aXEEo4j4Zt0

>Saw them live in Toronto and they still have it
Bruce's voice is going, man, especially when he tries to hit high notes, he struggles with it.

The first half of FotD is pretty bleh but the second half is better.

>Still hits harder than most metal albums today
Objectuvely false

The man's turning 60 this year, give him a break

I do think it's high time they retired.

I thought The Final Frontier was going to be some sort of goodbye album, but then came The Book of Souls and it was fucking amazing. They still got it, I really hope they continue writing new stuff.

This. Sign of the Cross is a masterpiece and it's absolutely criminal how it's not featured in their live repertoire as a staple. If I'd have to pick two Maiden albums that are legit straight up bad it would be Virtual XI and No Prayer. Final Frontier isn't "bad" just extremely forgettable and quite boring. Brave New World has quite a few absolutely killer tracks but it's got quite a bit of filler too (fuck The Nomad especially).

Honestly I think Bruce should have had much more influence when it came to songwriting than he did. The fact that Accident of Birth - Chemical Wedding - Tyranny of Souls absolutely demolish everything maiden ever did lyrically and how the opener and closer are some of the biggest highlights of their latest album, while coincidentally also being written entirely by Bruce.

They should have retired in 1992.

>The fact that Accident of Birth - Chemical Wedding - Tyranny of Souls absolutely demolish everything maiden ever did...

This - go listen to those albums.

Lyrically. Instrumentally they're not as impressive as some of Maiden's better stuff. But they definitely bring a kind of genuine seriousness, elegance and mood in textures and writing that Maiden's cheese-laden stuff just couldn't achieve.