Where to move to? American who is considering leaving

Hey Sup Forums,

American here. I'm considering moving out of the United States shortly after I finish up my degree in Electrical Engineering (with a focus in control theory/digital signal processing and took a lot of MechE coursework too). I've worked in the US as a Mathematics Instructor (community college & high school) and, recently, as a software engineer. I'd like to continue on as a software engineer, preferably in a nice country with decent benefits.

Some stats:
>BS/MS Mathematics
>MS, Electrical Engineering
>Former PhD candidate; passed PhD qualifying exam, but choosing to leave with MS after this semester.
>5 years in mathematics teaching; 1 year in software engineering, part-time and internship.
>Speak English & Spanish (Dominican dad), but willing to learn another language.

I've been viewing some YouTube videos on Japan and they seem pretty friendly. The ideology seems to be
>If you're a legal resident, working, can speak the language and you're contributing to Japan, then you are welcome. If not, get the fuck out.

Not looking for a free ride. I'm willing to use my skills elsewhere. I can discipline myself to learn the basics of a new language by December 2017, as long as I consistently practice and focus my efforts.

Any advice?

Pic unrelated.

>I've been viewing some YouTube videos on Japan

FYI:
I've checked online and most people say 'canada,' but they're pretty expensive and the standard of living is around the same/equivalent as the US for the most part from what I've been researching.

I'd like to move somewhere where quality of life is superior, in general.

brrRRRRRAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPppppPPPPPPPppPPPppPPpPp

What? What's so funny?

Please inform me. I am willing to say I'm uneducated on the manner; I'm doing some research as we speak.

Before anyone asks, I want to move because of the possibility of a higher quality of life, better people and I generally want to experience more. It's not because of the political climate, either. I could give a shit less about that.

>tfw momokun got fat

You can try here.

You'll work yourself to death over there. And it's the sure sign of a beta westerner.

Serious question: Are they really racist over there?

My mother is Italian(inb4 not white), but dad is Dominican and dark. I'm very light, but carry some of his features.

Will they be outwardly racist against me?

Do you look or more importantly act like a gypsy? If not, you'll be fine.

>And it's the sure sign of a beta westerner.
Interesting. Can you elaborate?
For you.

Bump.

Holy shit how disgusting fatty

No, I don't.

Wherever I go, I plan on:
(a) using/learning the language very well to conduct business or in a social setting
(b) work just like anyone else.
(c) perhaps start a family there, if it comes to that.
>you will never sniff the seat that she was on after she finished taking a fat shit from eating burritos.
why live?

she used to be a top athlete in her school, funnily enough. now she only like to eat!

Hey, I'm about to finish my ee degree, too, and I want to be a sw eng, but have no professional experience. What's the best way to get my foot in the door?

And to answer your question, maybe Sweden? They're pretty pro-immigrant, it seems, and have all that good high-taxes-to-thigh-taxes-to-take-care-of-its-people thing going on that most emigrating Americans seem to want.

>degenerate

Stay away.

>>you will never sniff the seat that she was on after she finished taking a fat shit from eating burritos.
>why live?
I change my mind, don't you me, I don't want your advice.

Come 2 brasil hueheuheuheuheuhe

If you are Italian why not Italy or Romania maybe if you change your mind

Honestly haven't laughed that long in a while. I'm not being serious, guys; relax. Notice the change in my tone when I made that statement. Relax, relax.

To answer your question:
The best way to get your foot in the door is to have a portfolio and/or school projects that you did.

Since I have a math background, I literally made a mathematics program for my students to use that calculated some basic stuff and did non-trivial statistics calculations, too. As long as they put in the necessary numbers, it gave them the answers. It worked like a problem/homework solver, which was definitely needed in my CC stats class. My Community College stats class had a 50% fail rate, which is pretty high in comparison to the other remedial math classes.

I got into my first software engineering job on that. I answered some coding questions, but they were mostly impressed with my initiative of seeing a problem (students failing CC class) and trying to fix it (create a HW problem solver).

What are you passionate about? Whatever it is, try to create something cool surrounding it. I also did a very basic android app that did some quick calculations for taxes. I found filing taxes frustrating and I had to do some calculations, so I coded something in Android Studio, put it on my phone and it was useful. They liked that, too.

Finally, even if I wasn't joking, you mistake someone's personal life with their professional life. There are gay guys I work with who are true degenerates, into bukkakes and shit like that, who are excellent software engineers and capable workers. Their sex life is not my concern. As long as they do their job, I don't give a shit.

Don't come to Canada, don't go to Europe.

Never thought about it, honestly. My mother cooked classic Italian food and is DEFINITELY very Italian (controlling attitude, bossing me/dad around when she can, bitching/complaining about dumb shit, loving intensely hard, vague whispers about a cousin's friend who can get somebody taken 'out of a picture', cursing in Italian, etc. ), but she never celebrated the culture in our house too much. My dad was the same way. I learned Spanish from him, but I didn't have some ultra-Dominican upbringing.

Pretty ordinary American upbringing. I'll consider Italy, though.

>Canada
I'd never go there.
>Europe
But why?
>Bringing useful skills to a country.
>Willing to learn the language of anywhere I'm going.
>Willing to adapt to the country's cultural norms.
>Willing to pay my fair share of taxes and contribute to the society.

I don't see the problem.

Netherlands is oke I guess. If you are willing to learn Dutch its all good. You dont even have to be good at it. Just willing to learn is all we ask for. Plus if you bring some skills to the tabel you will be very usefull as well.

This

>Dominican dad
Go there and help out your kin. I am sure they need people of your intelligence and knowledge.

>wants to work as a software engineer
>gets a masters in ee

so why did you choose electrical engineering for your masters. seems like a masters in computer science or software engineering would be better for you.

btw, don't move outside the US, just relocate to California or New England.
but if you want to move outside, it seems that Austrialia, and the Nordic countries are the best places to go

Finland, Sweden or Germany.

You all realize OP's lying right? He's just a sad, lonely duck who needed some attention so he made up an impressive background as bait and wa la he gets to talk to people and feel good about himself - even if it's only pretend.

Consider this,

Probability of a guy on Sup Forums being a PhD Candidate

Vs.

Probability of a guy lying in Sup Forums

Likely you can found a job here, but probably it will be underpaid or it will require less of your real capacity. I would not raccomend Italy, honestly. Is nice for vacation, but not if you want to work here.

No Japs are very friendly and tolerant, they are less racist to minorities than most Americans. Also they have the best women.

You're seriously overestimating grad students.

Getting a masters degree isn't particularly amazing, senpai.
Getting a PhD is a way of life.

PhDs have become the new master's degree.
Any idiot can get a master's degree so long as he does not completely neglect his studies. PhD candidacy is only a short step away from that.

my bro is a Phd student and sometimes browses here, you are way too pretentous stupid sharter

literally the perfect body. only homos would disagree

Somewhere where you have a job offer.
Anything less and you're going to crash and burn.

Go to uk if you like obese women this much

It's always best to start your career in your home country or at least where your native language is spoken.
You are overqualified for Japan anyway.

>I've been viewing some YouTube videos on Japan and they seem pretty friendly
Do you think you'd enjoy working 12 hours a day?

no one works for 12 hours.
we stay at the office as long as we can and pretend to be too busy to take any more assignment and responsibility comes with it.
also we can go to brothels after work without letting it known to our wives.