This is a really good normalfag AnCo impression

This is a really good normalfag AnCo impression

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yKNxeF4KMsY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why does this constantly get posted here and why is it constantly done with the impression that OP is slightly criticizing it

Proof that Eno can make almost any band sound good.

you can't admit to liking a coldplay album on Sup Forums without making a backhanded dig at it, that would compromise your Sup Forums integrity

Absolutely based

its coldplays last album that was good and the album is a perfect 7

Not U2 though. You can't polish a turd.

For some reason I can't explain
I know St Peter won't call my name

one of the hidden tracks on this album, Chinese Sleep Chant, is straight up a shoegaze track

it's pretty good

yeah what's wrong with Viva La Vida? It's entirely inoffensive and got some nice song on it

I like Lovers In Japan

>mfw shoegaze

fuck off board tourist

IMO, X&Y is the last good Coldplay album. Everything they've done since then just irritates me.

I honestly think if they'd never blown up, had been indie, and if X&Y had been their last album, they'd be considered a sadcore/slowcore band.

>Chinese Sleep Chant
It's goddamn Stereolab for plebs.

>Artifacted jpeg memes

T O U R I S T
O
U
R
I
S
T

there are worse things to be

there are no artifacts in that image, it's a png

I would rather listen to a good band than a pale imitation of it.

coldplay got big in the late 90's as a post brit pop band everyone thought of as a shit top 40 radiohead

youtube.com/watch?v=yKNxeF4KMsY

>coldplay got big in the late 90's
Nigga they didn't even release an album until 2000. They put out two EPs in 1998 and 1999 that barely anyone heard. And one single in 1999 that went to a whopping #92 on the UK singles chart.

They were not remotely close to being big by any stretch of the imagination until Parachutes and "Yellow" became a worldwide hit in late 2000 and 2001.

And quite frankly that was their only smash worldwide hit (yes i know in the UK they were big and had some moderate success in other various regions) for the next few years until "Clocks" came out in '03.

>top 40 radiohead
That's a redundant statement since Radiohead had several UK top 10 singles by that point and had experienced moderate Top 40 success in Europe and America too.

>confirmed for never having actually listened to U2's albums with Eno & Lanois

Literally the GOAT run of albums
>The Unforgettable Fire
>The Joshua Tree
>Achtung Baby
>Zooropa

and Original Soundtracks 1 which they released under the name Passengers because they felt like Eno's contribution was bigger than a producer's credit. He also produced All That You Can't Leave Behind, but that was the beginning of U2's mainstream rock sound that they've flatlined with and No Line On The Horizon, which was originally supposed to be a much more experimental and middle-eastern inspired album until U2 got cold feet at the last minute and stuck some radio friendly songs on it

i think you mean anything by MGMT.

>Parachutes
decent debut but doesn't do anything that wasn't already done by Oasis, Travis, The Verve a few years earlier
>A Rush of Blood to the Head
Fantastic singles, rest of the album is kinda meh
>X&Y
First 7 tracks could all be best-selling singles for any other band, the album genuinely feels like an indie rock Thriller with the amount of classic songs back-to-back but after track 7 it fizzles out for the rest of the album
>Viva la Vida
unironically a great album
>Mylo Xyloto
Coldplay caught the U2 disease where they try and make mainstream pop songs to stay "relevent" even though they've already cemented themselves as one of the biggest bands around and could afford to take risks. Album just sounds like confetti in a bad way. Their worst album yet imo
>Ghost Stories
Even worse than Mylo Xyloto. Just feels like MX but instead of being rainbow everything is monochrome. "O" is a good song though, and there's a version of Sky Full of Stars performed by Chris Martin on just a piano and it sounds great
>A Head Full of Dreams
try hard EDC Kidz Bop shit