How come I never see threads about: world music, classical (ok...

How come I never see threads about: world music, classical (ok, I see some of these from time to time) and really fucking weird/experimental genres like zolo here?
It's always american bullshit here and there. Yuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/artist/3534851-Tanoshii-Ongaku
youtube.com/watch?v=dcCg8-uEgkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you just have to ignore the meme american pop rock music and look for the good ones.

I hate the over-representation americans have in everything: film industry, music, literature, etc. They aren't even the best at any of those things. There are much more interesting stuff coming from European and Asian countries imo.

bump

be the change you wish to see in the world faggot

>world music
>posts a Japanese CD

Also
>world music

This is a hangout for 19 year old smartasses

OP didn't just mention world music though.

see

sooo world thread?

Pic related is one of my favourite tuvan folk/throat records.
It's a popular band in the genre for good reasons.

>japan
>a country in our world

really makes you think

nowadays, the average attention span is so low it's baffling. some of my friends don't even consider classical as a legitimate art while they're glorifying these hedonistic nigger pieces of shit (i actually like hip hop myself but cmon). maybe it's just american culture that's dumbing down

>excludes south america
pleb

>They aren't even the best at any of those things.
i wish

Y'all niggas like massive attack is world music
Dead can dance got fuckin yulunga and host of the seraphim.
And when you ridin on tyre or Antioch or jeru-slam itself ya need that shit alright

If you assume england and the us own everything entertainment that's pretty true.
There ain't many movies that they don't best.
Music's fucked though like no english speakin country is going to be responsible for shit like Shanghai restoration project, the pillows or even KINO. Books are another sort of long shot for a specific culture to just do. Russian books get pretty good and light novels are excellent with weird plots.

>some of my friends don't even consider classical as a legitimate art
why?

Whats this album? Image search gives nothing

There is much better calibre stuff than pic related though.

Nvm
discogs.com/artist/3534851-Tanoshii-Ongaku

hyokkori - tanoshii ongaku

i know. this is what really got me into classical though. especially his seventh

I'd say books get even weirder because of some downright untransalatable things. I Am A Cat and Ulysses are the two big examples - one requires a deep work of adaptation to translate japanese structures, and Ulysses would require epic efforts to try and translate half the fucking wordplay. That said, I do find it interesting as to why you think the pillows couldn't have arisen in a western country. I do suppose Japan's love of power pop (especially Cheap Trick) definitely counts for that.

that's a good question

curious though, what would you consider "better calibre"

Fun music.

The music from the fun Kindergarten 37 years ago!!
The Residents of Japan, as well as Der Plan! "Fun Music" complete collection of all 122 songs.

There are better recordings of the same song. That and also there's more to classical than just Beethoven, not that he isn't good.

youtube.com/watch?v=dcCg8-uEgkk
This is really good, a must listen if you like stuff like Tanoshii Ongaku, Zin-Say or Picky Picnic

yes, i know there's more to classical than beethoven. actually, i've played violin for 10 years and have a lot of experience performing full orchestra pieces. what's your favorite of the seventh? i have a myriad of recordings of it

I've recently started listening to classical actually, and have been focusing mostly on Bach (Matthäus-Passion, Brandenburg Concertos, Goldberg Variations, etc.) as well as some Russian romantic (Tchaikovsky, Mussorgsky, Rimsky-Korsakov). Haven't listened to much Beethoven yet.

oh, i see. i actually performed the brandenburg 4 and it was a blast. tchaikovsky's sixth symphony is also quite the experience. i actually listened to a lot of composers before beethoven, but after listening to all of his 9 symphonies something inside me just clicked. recently, i've been in a mahler phase...

If you're into Chinese music, any of the live albums by Li Zhi are all worth a listen. Not so sure I would recommend his studio stuff though.

Nice! Brandenburg 4 is my favorite of the six, especially the Allegro. I hope to get to him sometime soon. Still exploring Bach's massive catalogue. What do you think isa nature progression from Bach?

the 4th is also my favorite, but the 6th is beautiful as well. the presto of the 4th is hell on a violinist's fingers, let me tell you. well, i wouldn't say there's a natural progression from bach, since you should just listen to whatever you're interested in, but mozart would be good, along with haydn, vivaldi, handel if you want to go in that direction. i'm not so well versed in that era's repertoire since i'm still listening to so much romantic music, but i passionately know mozarts late symphonies down to a T.