Will Hackson do it again?

Will Hackson do it again?

I hope he learned his lesson

Most boring piece of shit I've ever read.
So God I hope not.

I think Christopher Tolkien still has dibs on this one?

>92 years old

Not for long ;)

You still haven't finished The Winds of Winter, have you George?

I can't even finish the LOTR movies.

Is it really? I'm not a big reader but I finished lotr not long ago and I have this waiting on my shelf but I keep putting it off.

i honestly hope that when it is filmed it will be in a similar style as the game of thrones history and lore stuff

The Children of Hurin is the most appropriate work for a movie adaptation.

The Silmarilion is a lot more "serious", it makes Lotr read like a fairy tale.

The Silmarillion could do well as a Series/Mini-series but I don't see it working as a film.

>The Children of Hurin is the most appropriate work for a movie adaptation.
I agree, The Silmarillion is unfit to be a movie, it could be a series of short films though, you have lots of different stories which can be done. Beren and Luthien, the elvish disputes and their emigration from Valinor, Morgoth story up until his first defeat, the war of wrath, and the Gondolin stuff I think would make nice short (~60-80min) films

Have you wondered what were all those things that are named in lotr, but not explained ?
All those places they visit, those old names, Elbereth Gilthoniel, etc...
The whole lotr universe is explained in the Silmarillion. It gives sense to most of what you read in lotr.
The (very short) first two chapters are to be read like an encyclopedia, but the following story is pretty cool and not hard to read apart from the fact that you'll need to go back from time to time to remind yourself of a name.

Overall it's so fucking awesome.

Most certainly.

Hackson will discover how to clone himself for all eternity. Then each page will be made into an individual feature length film, all of them starring Orlando Bloom and an unnecessary love interest.

No. Unless he's alive and fit to direct in 100 years or so.

the first 30% of the silmarillion is ridiculously dense full of elves with stupidly similar names that are near impossible to keep track of. I've read it twice and still barely know the important ones apart. Still, it's a lot of fun and after that you get into the really interesting lore-rich stories.
they'd cut out the incest though which is actually pretty integral to the plot

3 more movies right here

Put it this way: If you finished LOTR and said to yourself, "Now I can say I've read LOTR", than you don't want to bother with Silmarillion.

If you finished LOTR and said "That was a bit glib, nice universe but needs more detail" then read Simarillion

hope so, the hobbit movies are really good

i know this is bait but you're right, they genuinely are good.

i wouldn't actually mind it if the third one was as good as the first 2.