/heem/ vs. /box/

/heem/ vs. /box/

Neutral judge here. /heem/ wins. For a non-boxer MMA fighter to literally take up the sport a month ago and last 10 rounds with the greatest is one of the more impressive feats in sports history.

We can all agree that Floyd wouldn't last a round in the Octagon, thus MMA proved itself tonight as THE combat sport.

agreed. boxing is a sport that takes skill but it's not a simulation of a real fight. mma is the closest you can get to a real fight while still protecting the fighters. Floyd isn't a fighter, he's an amazing athlete and boxer

>talks a huge game about how he's the greatest
>claims he'd knock mayweather out in round 4
>BTFO by round 2
>used as a cocksleeve by mayweather for six rounds
>saved from brain damage by the ref

/heem/ eternally BTFO

you aren't even a real country, shut the fuck up

you don't even support a real athlete, shut the fuck up

>40 year old retired counter puncher walks down beats and gasses out a prime champion from MMA.
>broken hands with arthritis with no ko in 10-11years KO's MMA champion.
BTFO

> John Daly comes out and quarterbacks 2 quarters for the Patriots and goes 26/30 for 200 yards and 2 TDs
> Tom Brady has been doing this for 20 years
its a little ridiculous that an MMA guy can go out and not only hang with the reigning champion, but give him arguably the greatest challenge he's ever had.

Both fighters won tonight.
Sports fans won big because they actually got to see a real boxing match
At the end of the day, everyone sees how gay boxing is

>For a non-boxer MMA fighter to literally take up the sport a month ago and last 10 rounds with the greatest is one of the more impressive feats in sports history.
>We can all agree that Floyd wouldn't last a round in the Octagon, thus MMA proved itself tonight as THE combat sport.

Agreed. There were several points in the fight where mayweather turned his back and mcgregor could have beat the shit out of him and the ref broke it up.

both them niggers rich as rich as fuck

truth. /heem/ is obviously superior and boxfags are literally delusional to think otherwise.

imagine someone being amazing at shooting free throws but can't shoot 3-pointers, can't dunk, can't make lay ups, can't dribble, and can't pass, and calling themselves a basketball player. boxing is not fighting and is significantly less interesting than /heem/

While your argument might be somewhat valid, it's diminished by the fact Floyd is 40 years old and was retired for the last 2 years.

Experience ultimately showed to be the true victor here, as Floyd recognizing how to pace himself against McGregor won him the fight. But still, his age and physical condition was still a huge disadvantage against McGregor.

boxing isn't real fighting. mcgregor proved that tonight. It doesn't matter if floyd is 40, he'd still beat every other boxer in his weight

It's not even about boxing vs mma

MMA is simply more exciting to watch. Kicks, knees, elbows, spinning allowing, clinch work allowed, wrestling allowed, submissions allowed

I don't care if the best boxer can out box a mma fighter. Boxing is boring as all fuck and corrupt as shit.

Mayweather was actually about the perfect opponent for McGregor, he's a defensive fighter past his prime whose only real tactic is wearing down fighters over the course of 12 rounds, McGregor was never in any real danger of going down early.

Can you just imagine what would have happened if he'd fought Camel or, God forbid, Lomachenko? He wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes

this. nobody cares about a sport that isn't entertaining

UFC prelims are boring-ish to me. Yet, I'd rather watch most ufc prelims than any of the boxing prelims tonights. Boxing takes away too many attacking options and the heavier gloves make it one dimensional.

>MMA is more fun to watch
>Tyrone Woodley is unironically a champion

>ref kept stopping connor's natural reflex to destroy mayweather
>stop his hammer fists and taking the back.
>mayweather just ducks so he can't be attacked from above and turns around so he can't be hit in the back of the head.

And this shit is rewarded? Pussy fag shit.

>MMA is more exciting to watch

Someone's never seen a GPS fight

Strategizing is rewarded? Yeah, it should be. What Floyd was doing was smart. McGoober should have adjusted, but didn't because he's inexperienced and was too fatigued to think.

>Neutral judge here.
Totally do not believe you.

>last 10 rounds
McGregorfags are this pathetic. Floyd TOYED with Conor for 10 rounds. Getting fucked with over that many rounds is not an accomplishment.

>damage control: 100

What happened to 'Mayweather is a pussy, Mayweather is a runner, Mayweather knocked anyone out in 20 years, 4 rounds he's getting knocked out etc'?

Last time I checked McGregor was walking around like a drunk stumbling home getting absolutely lit up with right hands. By a guy 20lb lighter, 2 years retired and in his damn 40's lmao.

MMA conditioning is complete shit. He was gassed after 5 rounds.

t. guy that doesn't watch MMA
This is what all of my normie friends that don't watch sports were saying, but to me, someone that watches boxing and MMA, it's fucking retarded.

Both sports are boring as fuck a decent percentage of the time. In MMA, you get a lot of two dudes laying on each other, or spending half the round going for a takedown for points. Boxing isn't as exciting as it used to be, granted, lots of defensive fighting these days, but they're both equally boring desu.

"What ifs" don't matter, only reality.

And in REALITY, they were in a boxing match. All the hypothetical bullshit of "what would happen if..." is exactly that; bullshit.

It was a match against champions. Nice try painting Connor as some fresh prince.

>he'd still beat every other boxer in his weight
lmfao, more like get his shit pushed in harder

lmao nice salt and tears senpai

mcgregor got fucked bad, mayweather fought him with no respect

Mayweather honestly looked like shit that fight. He was missing long on a lot of his heavy blows that fight. He had a good finish but it's not like he was putting on a clinic out there

mcgregor would've died against a power hitter with how often mayweather tagged him with straight rights

but yeah mayweather is fucking 40 years old and years past his prime, mcgregor is like right at the cusp of his prime

he looked like a sad piece of shit after the 5th round when he started to get gassed, he looked really bad at boxing once that happened, just like i'm sure a boxer would look bad when they get submitted as soon as they get taken down

mcgregor had a pretty good jab, but that was it, mayweather is old and not even an offensive fighter and he still got a tko

Of course not. He's fucking 40 years old with two busted hands.

>MMA is simply more exciting to watch

What is ground game in MMA for $200

Mayweather would get shredded in MMA, no question.

He's not the reigning champion, he relinquished his titled and retired so he wouldn't have to face mandatory challengers who would have BTFO out of him.

>11 years older
>retired for 2 years
>the greatest DEFENSIVE boxer
>mediocre KO stats
>always win by decision
>not a hard puncher

>the 11 year younger "athlete" got tired by the 7th round
>the defensive retired, old, boxer with a mediocre KO record who relies on winning by decisions as he doesn't hit that hard took the initiative and destroyed the irish punk the entire fight to the point the irish punk had to be saved from brain damage by stopping the fight

>people thought mcmeme had a chance
>people paid to watch this publicity stunt

>b-b-b-but he would have won in an MMA fight
>the absolute state of /heem/

OH NO, I"M CORNERED. BETTER JUST CURL UP INTO FETAL POSITION

He did not give him anywhere near his greatest challenge.

NO NO NO I CHANGED MY MIND. I DON"T WANT TO FIGHT NOW.

If you purposely expose the back of your head like that, I don't see why punching it should be illegal. Otherwise it's just a get-out-of-jail-free card.

PLEASE MR. POTATO DON"T PUNCH ME. I"LL SUCK YOUR COCK

>"non-boxer MMA fighter"
>literally only uses boxing in the octogon

What did he mean by this?

No shit sherlock. That's why he stuck to boxing and didn't pretend he was anything other than a boxer.

>maybe if i screencap mayweather's lowest dips when using the peekaboo defense it'll look like mcgregor was winning
Fucking leaf.

MOMMY THE BIG BAD POTATO HEAD IS HURTING ME

You could actually see the point where Mayweather deciphered McGregor's attack pattern. From that point on it was all down hill for Conor. Mayweather dominated him more and more with each passing round. He simply outboxed the kid and shut him the fuck down. By the end McGregor was getting beat so bad he hadn't thrown a punch for over a full minute. The ref was right to stop the fight. Conor was getting waled.

Once again. MMA = Not a sport.

fpbp as always

>THESE DELUDED MCMEME FANBOY TEARS

If you actually knew how to grapple it would make a lot more sense, thus making it more entertaining

so you must also think it should be legal in the UFC then

>but give him arguably the greatest challenge he's ever had.
You're fucking retarded and dont know anything about boxing. Mcgregor can say he was close but he never stood a chance; He was tired by the second round.

Mayweather didnt look a bit winded even after he won. The only reason Mcgregor lasted as long as he did is because Mayweather is a pussy defensive-style boxer and his style is to tire out his opponent.

Mayweather wouldnt stand a chance against McGregor in the octagon, and the opposite was proven true.

Mayweather would get murked in 15 seconds in the octagon but only because MMA is more explosive and a shitload of fights end that way anyways. McGregor got raped tonight, just because he lasted long doenst mean shit.

The greatest challenge he's ever had? Are you fucking retarded? Why would you make a post like this without having a clue about the guys record?

MMA is such a shit fake non sport is should be banished from Sup Forums and relegated to /asp/

>KO's
>still standing on two legs
kek

>the peekaboo defense
>just stop fighting whenever you feel like it

Hey Burger, you know what happens to you if you bend over in real fighting (MMA)? You get a fucking knee to the face and the fight is done right there. Seriously, how anyone can watch this "sport" is beyond me.

>3 punches in a row
clinch

>10 seconds of action
clinch

>a few more punches
mayweather's head is below the belt

>mcgreggor looks at mayweather funny
Mayweather turns HIS FUCKING BACK

Good riddance in ten years when boxing is finally dead and MMA is all that's left.

>but give him arguably the greatest challenge he's ever had.

You fucking WHAT pal? Have you ever watched a boxing match before? Conor was fucked by Round 3, his blows had no sting. Mayweather is more than happy to drop a couple of rounds to a power puncher to feel them out and let them gas. Did the same with Ricky Hatton.

Except in UFC you're not limited to striking the guy in the front of the upper body with your fists. You can choke him, kick him, or take him down. Which is exactly what happens if your opponent curls up into a little ball like a pussy.

Lomachenko may have actually killed him

mcgregor clinched FAR more than mayweather you mong

Mcememe was even "running away" as anti-mayweather fighters like to call him out for

There's no winning with you runts, just accept he lost, no ifs, no buts.

At least we don't allow safe spaces and trans people you cock sucker.

This. Boxing is boring as fuck and the the shit mma fighters get boo'd at by the crowd for doing is what boxers do like 95% of a fight. Just stand around throwing bitch jabs and blocking. Boxing is trash. The McGregor fight was bad and every preliminary fight was bad.

you don't have enough population to even tell if there are any

Wheres that disgusting Aussie faggot with 49-1 in his name?

Did he commit suicide yet?

>Goat boxer had to wait until an amateur gets tired before he starts winning

UFC fans...
>if Conor won
LOL BOXING IS A JOKE
>if Conor lost by distance
LOL THE GREATEST BOXER COULDN'T EVEN KO A UFC FIGHTER! MMA IS THE BEST!
>if Conor lost by KO (what actually happened)
CONOR DID BETTER THAN EVERYONE THOUGHT WHICH IS WHY MMA IS THE BEST MARTIAL ART! BOXING IS DEAD!

salt
salt
salt

>MMA = Real fight

i wish this meme would die already

This is true.

Conor has no snap to his punches.

Manny Pacquiao would beat the shit out of him.

McGregor has heart, I'll give him that, but he didn't belong in the ring with Floyd.

Floyd hasn't knocked a dude out in forever and is considered a light puncher by boxing standards.

Any true world class boxer at that weight would beat McGregor, I have no doubt at all.

Prime Cotto kills him.
Prime Pacquiao annihilates him.
Prime Margarito chews him up.

I could go on but what's the point?

MMA & boxing are apples and oranges. Kudos to McGregor for making at least 1 of Floyd Mayweathers fights actually exciting to watch.

>this is what a world champion "fighter" looks like

boxing is the soccer of fighting sports

this guy gets it.

It was a fun fight to watch. Mcgregor never stood a chance, just like Mayweather wouldnt stand a chance in the octagon.

Seriously, can this nigger go for more than 30 seconds without putting his head in his hands? It ought to be a rule that you have to keep your head above the nipple line and facing forward. This shit is shameful.

leafs truly are the worst posters. get a grip dude, your guy lost

In mma if you do that you're asking for a knee up the middle, guillotine choke standing or pulling guard, taking the back, snapping the head of your opponent into the mat....not a valid comparison and nobody does this in MMA anyway because they know the consequences. More equal should be wrestlers taking empty shots ending up on the ground and not being soccer kicked.

>the absolute state of MMA """"athletes"""""" conditioning

What an absolute joke of a """"sport"""

How about over or under a round? Put floyd against 3/4ths the fighters in his weight or featherweight and 3/4ths if not more would have him out in the first round. If Mcgregor fought him in the cage the over under would legitimately be a minute.

i mean, how many times did floyd bend down in the first few rounds?
mcgregor could've elbowed him in the back of the head right then and there and ended it

this sport is a joke

cardio kills gains brah

yea and if a soccer player was allowed to pick up the ball with his hands he could run it into the goal real easily.

Fucking idiot

good posts good thread

floyd won the boxing match, conor won the war

get help

Round 6. He literally just turns his back rofl. Although potatofag was completely winded by round 5, i will admit.

ALRIGHT YOU HEEM FAGGOTS

THE MONEY TEAM CALLED IT

ONLY

THEY
THE MONEY TEAM

HAVE A LEGIT STABLE OF BOYS

ELLERBY LITERALLY SAID "STABLE OF BOYS"

ALL YOU MALE HAREM FAGS
ALL YOU NU-HEEM "BOY" PSUEDO STABLE PRETEND FAGS

FUCK OFF WITH THAT DOWN LOW HOMO FAGGOT SHIT

BITCH NIGGERS
IM TAKING BACK HEEM FOR REAL HIGH TEST BROS

This ole Justin Trudeu ass nigga ole if your opponents beat you you win ass nigga

>thanks for sharing my opinion, good posts friends :^)

Conor was known for his bad gas tank tho in the mma

These boxers curling up like little bitched would get kneed to the head in real man's sport.

mayweather's legs would collapse before he got within arm's range of any figher in MMA by the amount of leg kicks he'd take

>/heem/ vs. /box/
this is actually what dipshits think is happening here. they're not event trolling

>they actually got to see a real boxing match
you need to fucking kys twice

i'd pay to see it just to shut up the fags that need to get banished to /asp/ forever

McGregor promoted the fuck out of that fight.

if you can't fight back it's a tko

29 year old champion couldnt even hurt a 40 year old double retiree even when he used all his gas in 3 rounds.

how does clinching work in boxing?
i remember a lot of hugging when i watched the mayweather vs pac fight but the ref stopped every clinch in this fight?

Thanks nsac, pls stay in boxing.

>literally only uses boxing
Pls educate your self.

Clearly it's you who hasn't seen a GSP fight.

yes.
If you can't defend you should not be fighting.

>thats a bad thing?

Still dominate international sports far more than you do, especially the population being the size of a US city.

>2 month of boxing literally makes you top10 in the world

If we learned something, it's that being a great boxer is just having good PR and hitting the bag now and then.

If you don't like fair play my good fellow I suggest you jolly well the hell off

More >neutral points here:
-You could see that Mayweather had slowed down a bit from old age, especially in the first 4 rounds.
-Throughout the fight it became quite apparent that Conor would be able to destroy Floyd easily if it was a "real fight", with all the back turning that Floyd was doing.
-Regardless, it was a masterful performance by Floyd, technically perfect manoueveres, flawless rhythm and disruption of Connor's. He could have finished him much earlier as well in another match, as you could see he had figured the 'awkward angles' that Connor had by round 4.