Can someone explain the appeal of noise music or at least the general theory behind it...

Can someone explain the appeal of noise music or at least the general theory behind it? I don't understand how anyone can listen to this and think it's good art.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0VG3Mo3jmzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's like people that walk into a museum and see a white sheet hanging on the wall and pretending it's the deepest art ever. People like to feel special for seeing meaning there isn't.

It's acquired taste and people listen to it for many different reasons. It's like sonic gore but there's so many different types of styles, noise is a broad term

it's pure expression with restrictions
it's logical conclusion to emotional music

Bcuz we european and we drank up nigga

Sometimes you aren't in the mood for either listening to music or listening to outside noise (chatter, general other people noises).
I often listen to Hanatarash while on the train. It's kind of fitting.

It scratches the same itch as drone or ambient

I like the textures. They feel good on my ears.

It's wrong and that's why it's good. Some can sound like the biggest atomic bomb ever created while some can be quite ethereal like going on a trip to another universe.

drugs

That comparison is dumb and you just sound like you're upset people enjoy things you don't.

You're both incapable of articulating criticism proposing the extent of what you dislike and explaining why it's wrong.

Not all noise is completely inaccessible. Some can just sound like ambient background noise to chill to.

what an awe inducing display of insecurity. making assumptions about the meaning people derive from a piece of music is an astounding display of arrogance. you're incapable of merely disagreeing with someone but instead have to haphazardly try to undermine their reasoning in order to bolster your ego.

Its the logical conclusion to punk. Music made that has zero mainstream appeal. You can't make less accessible music than harsh noise.

On a general level I could not say, but I'm going to give you why it appeals to me. It's one of the ultimate escapes. Your ears and brain are filled with nothing but the screaming, or the loud feedback, etc. You don't have a second to think about anything else but the noise. It's amazingly cathartic, one of the best kinds of catharses.

pretentious fuck

well at least you didn't resort to calling me a soyboy.

err, what? noise predates punk so how could it be its logical conclusion?

Are you imagining that you're supposed to go into an art gallery and stare at stuff and try to decipher it like a puzzle, and then pretend that you "get it"? Perhaps you should read about Robert Rauschenberg.

Yeah I think we're losing track of noise vs noise rock, here.

Jesus christ, learn to read Cathy Newman

>i cant find meaning in something
>therefore...

who the fuck are you talking about, the news presenter?

can we turn this into a noise thread?

Only if you listen to the greatest noise track ever devised.
youtube.com/watch?v=0VG3Mo3jmzk

Personally i feel certain forms of noise rock are cathartic. Its a rush of sound. Naturally its gotta have some structure to subvert whatever genre its infused with

Jesus Christ! Learn to read, Cathy Newman.

Nice trips.

of course

For harsh noise it's that it's visceral, kinetic and above all unnerving. As for droney/ambient noise, it's very calming, hypnotic and psychedelic. Also all of the genres surrounding noise like sound collage and power electronics echo the same qualities, differing in unique ways. You have to have an appetite for textures, effects and experimental instrumentation. There's also the disorder and chaos of it, the ease to which some of it is made, much of noise is parallel to punk and even overlaps with it, echoing the ethic, attitudes and styles. It can also be alienating which is part of the appeal to me, a lot of it is made to be disorienting, antagonistic and anti-music (certainly not all of it, though). If you've ever played with the feedback from an amp or speaker or listened to the hum of a dishwasher and thought 'that sounded interesting' then you might be interested.

No we european and we drankin

Not everybody just pretends to like things as some joke at your expense user. That's why it's a dumb assumption. Do I need to articulate more or do you think you got it?