Did anyone else get the feeling from the LOTR appendices and behind the scenes that no one liked Sean Aston?

Did anyone else get the feeling from the LOTR appendices and behind the scenes that no one liked Sean Aston?

Other urls found in this thread:

thequietus.com/articles/20308-elijah-wood-bakers-dozen
spin.com/2011/06/elijah-wood-reveals-his-favorite-music/
youtube.com/watch?v=qLk1VvbDAzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's a known fact that he considered his character the main protagonist and acted like a bit of an uppoty cunt about the whole thing whereas the other 3 hobbit actors were smoking pot and playing loud music in the trailer they shared with sir ian

I also got the vibe that Ian mckellan was an asshole
>yelling at the younger actors for listening to loud music in their trailer
>insulting crisopher lees movies

Isn't there some blog of him complaining about things behind the scenes or how we was made out to be a smaller part or something?? Swear I read it somewhere.

Blogs weren't even really a thing in 1999-2001 during filming

he wrote an entire book of whining, which is probably what you're thinking of

It's common knowledge that he's a cunt. Just read the reviews of his book.

Also he tried to stay relevant by campaigning for Hillary and ended up sinking even further into obscurity when she lost, kek.

He does have a point abou white men desu

Which is the reason why white men are the only demographic that contributed anything meaningful to the human race.

Brah, the Chinese and Egyptians had advanced civilizations while Europeans lived in the mud and Rome hadn't even been dreamed of yet

>by fucking it up

keep spouting your brainwashed revisionist theories. you're a great example for your "race"

lel fucking it up how?

You're always free to go back to shitting in a ditch in the woods, you know.

Why would they it was the dullest franchise ever with the dullest characters ever

>says white men never willingly yield power
>then points to women minorities and millenials not caring enough
He's a moron

Some of it is he didn't relate to the other actors. Early in filming he had his wife and kid(s) shipped out to be with him, so he likely didn't do much bonding with the gang. Figure holding himself apart from the crew didn't help, and he was older than the other hobbits, or at least acted it.

Ian is cute and everybody loves him.

Well it's a good thing this isn't apparent in the films. You just can't hate "BOIL EM MASH EM THROW EM IN A STEW"

PO TA TOES

Nah. He was a bit of a stiff but far to say he was unliked. He didn't play along as much with the other Hobbits because he was the only one of them who had a family.

He had a big problem with Andy Serkis, though.

lol. What a fucking faggot.

>He had a big problem with Andy Serkis, though.

why?

Andy was cast pretty late. He thought Andy wasn't part of the main cast and was hamming it up in their scenes.

Yeah he comes across as very stand-offish and obnoxious in all the LOTR supplemental stuff.

One thing that comes to mind is that Astin started keeping a tally of all the days the hobbits had the prosthetic feet applied and the feet were never shown on camera, then at the end of production he told Peter Jackson that it was something like 56 days. Jackson tells this as a cute anecdote but you can tell he has no respect for Astin and his bitching.

There's a part in the commentary or some shit in Two Towers when Gollum yanks Sam back from the Black Gate, and apparently Serkis yanked his ass so hard it fucked up Sean's prosthetics and hurt his neck and head. Pretty funny.

He did a snotty anti-piracy ad that came of as insanely cunty considering the truckloads of cash LOTR made. He was good in the films. I actually agree that Sam is the main protagonist of the story though I think Frodo probably had more lines and screen time.

I can't find his anti-piracy ad for some reason, anyone better at this than me?

>>insulting crisopher lees movies

It's important to stay humble. Actors cannot be expected to be in a 10/10, life changing film every time when something as seemingly insignificant as post-production editing can screw up an entire production.

For fucks sake Ian McKellen was in The Da Vinci Code, and while I liked that movie for the performances of McKellen himself and Paul Bettany, not to mention Ron Howard, it was a shit film with a weak leading performance by Tom Hanks.

I think as an actor all that can be asked of you as an individual throughout your career is to give a worthy performance no matter if the project is for money, notoriety, passion or otherwise, and there is no doubt that McKellen and Lee fall and fell into the category of actors both capable and willing to do so.

Also Elijah Wood has some seriously awful taste in music.

He was just up his own ass because he was the only hobbit who had starred in big name movies before LotR.

Wasn't Elijah Wood a pretty successful child actor?

Nah I never watched behind-the-scenes for LotR, don't want to ruin in my eyes.

Is he dead?

Yeah I guess you're right but in that case Sean was like 10 years older than him so he still got to feel superior.

>the guy playing Sam hates the guy playing Gollum as much as his character does

Hilarious.

No, but he's no longer a child.

What are some other movies were one specific actor didn't get along with the rest of the cast.

Jon Cryer has often talked about how Molly Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy didn't like him back in the PRETTY IN PINK days.

they're the greatest behind the scenes of anything ever. it just makes the movies more magical when you see the sheer work and effort put into the production and the love everybody had for the project

>Le meme motion capture man physically harms beloved 80's icon

kys

Michael Richards was a serious prima donna on Seinfeld. You can get a feel for it in the bloopers, he always looks annoyed when the other actors break character and he actually yells at Julia Louis-Dreyfus a couple times.

Alec Guinness was sort of standoffishish with a lot of the cast, not so much in a dickish way, but in that he was obviously there for the acting and little else.

Though he apparently got along rather well with Mark Hamill and didn't "dislike" Harrison Ford, or anything.

He seemed aloof in comparison to the broship of the rest of the cast which is still unmatched imo.

I think he considered himself better because he was a relatively more known actor

>Also Elijah Wood has some seriously awful taste in music.
I thought he listens to old turkish psych pop. It's not that bad desu

y'all crackas posting in a Blade thread

-from Blade

Isn't that a good point? Surely there's no reason to spend time applying the feet when they aren't even needed. Unless it's just backup insurance in case they're filmed somehow?

I liked how Christopher Lee was the wizened older actor that was the only one there to actually meet Tolkien himself, thereby giving him a more mystical image compared to the other actors.

i remember an interview with peter jackson talking about how he was still in touch with everyone except one person and implied it was sean aston, but i don't think he was hated or anything. elijah wood said sean looked out for him, he was probably just a bit up his own ass.

i remember watching that kevin smith thing where he started talking about how much of a complete prick bruce willis was in that movie they made together

Willis is a dick, but then again so is Smith.

>Also Elijah Wood has some seriously awful taste in music.

He got a pretty eclectic taste, did he beat you up in school or something?

>Brilliant physical comedian destroys his body in the name of comedy
>Billionaire heiress and SNL vet hole can't keep a straight face

Fuck off Elaine.

There is a letter he wrote where he actually talks rather well of his SW co-stars. Though he gets Ford's name wrong.

Elijah's got pretty great taste imo:
thequietus.com/articles/20308-elijah-wood-bakers-dozen
spin.com/2011/06/elijah-wood-reveals-his-favorite-music/

The best part was him telling Jackson "Do you know the sound a man makes when he gets stabbed in the back? Because I do"

wasnt the gimli actor a piece of shit?

no, he was allergic to the makeup and mostly filmed with the height doubles so the actual dwarf who was his stunt double bonded with the rest of the cast more.

Doesn't seem that way, he just hated the prosthetics and doesn't like getting tattoos.

>so the actual dwarf who was his stunt double bonded with the rest of the cast more.

and now they're both nobodies together

how very dare you

>picks up job knowing what it is
>doesn't like job
>bitches about job

sounds like a piece of shit

he sort of seemed like a dick to me, he was barely in the behind the scenes footage and didn't really seemed that engaged with the rest of the cast.

>>bitches about job
he just bitched about the prosthetics because they were literally causing him pain you plebmaster
the same way dom and billy bitched about having to sit in that treebeard harness for hours on end

Rhy-davies is a very amiable fellow, at least from interviews I've seen of him over the years.

>watch the behind the scene stuff
>the 2 costume guys
>in a room all day for 2 years making chain mail

i dont know how they didnt go insane

Nah he's cool. Him and Orlando Bloom had some sick bantz.

so he didn't know about the prosthetics when he picked the job?

His footage was mostly shot by 2nd unit, his stand-in was used in most principal photography.

>Blogs weren't even really a thing in 1999-2001
You're kidding right?

Andy accidently took his wig off and then he sperged out on him and ran to his trailer to cry like a little girl

>The internet didn't exist until 2005

I mean he's pretty much right. Livejournal only started in 1999 and blogging wasn't really a well known thing until a few years after that.

Astin was a few years older than the other hobbits wasn't he? That's probably why.

It's called having a job. Indeed most wagecucks lose their faculties after a while.

Then explain the movie Perfect Blue. EXPLAIN IT

>being old is an excuse for being a cunt

M8 blogs were one of the only things people did on the internet in the late 90s. BBS boards and blogs.

>livejournal invented blogs
My god, we desperately need some kind of movie or TV show that accurately portrays what the internet was like in the 90s so millennials can fix their appalling ignorance.

All the BTS stuff and extras are nowhere to be found on the internet are they? Been meaning to watch all that stuff for a long time, seems like i'll have to buy the box set someday soon.

YouTube

Pretty much, yeah

you should it's worth it. and the two movie commentaries by the production staff and separately the cast.

Did anyone else get the feeling that Viggo takes himself way too seriously? The dude went from doing a hard pass on the movie(he only took the role because his son convinced him) to be THE Tolkien scholar who felt like he could speak about the books/movies with any semblance of authority.

He was also miscast, didn't look or act regal in any sense at any point in any of the movies. He looked like a washed up bum, even in his King getup at the end of the third film.

He's a good actor, fucking phenomenal in The Road, but he seems to have his head up his own ass. Seems like the cucks on Sup Forums think he's some kind of "bro" but i find that whole stick nothing more than another act.

Yeah that's what I mean, all the hours of extras sound fascinating to me. The love and passion that went into these movies is something you just don't see anymore.

>The dude went from doing a hard pass on the movie(he only took the role because his son convinced him) to be THE Tolkien scholar who felt like he could speak about the books/movies with any semblance of authority.
he just takes his work seriously. once he committed he wanted to know the facts. he seems like a really interesting person.

I would much rather he take the role too seriously than not even bother to read the book like some arrogant bastard (Michael Gambon)

Michael was a better Dumbledore, and its all about a healthy medium. Obviously respect the role you're doing, but don't go overboard.

I honestly think he was great in the role, but perhaps didn't capture the essence of the character very well. They made him more Strider and less Aragorn. But this is present in lots of characters in the movies. Like Legolas being much more "Otherworldly" in the books.

it's hard to compare given the different and far more active role dumbledore plays in the later books.

i disagree with everything in this post

Why do you think he's a bad actor?

Billy Boyd is the oldest now. He's 48.

By all accounts, Viggo was an absolute bro.

The extras even performed the Hakka for him, out of respect

This desu

>By all accounts, Viggo was an absolute bro.

So they fell for the act, huh?

>Michael was a better Dumbledore
Dullest opinion in this thread.

Are you dumb? He's saying you can't expect the white man to just roll over, you have to get out and vote. There's nothing inconsistent in his position.

>The extras even performed the Hakka for him, out of respect
This is probably the manliest thing I've seen. Binge watched a few Hakka video on Youtube and I couldn't help but cry. It's so beautiful.

Harris was a confused old man, and not in a good way.

Maybe but it's not really the actor's job to know whether or not he's allergic to the prosthetics; it's the makeup crew's.

>I mean he's pretty much right. Livejournal only started in 1999 and blogging wasn't really a well known thing until a few years after that.

Does anyone else hate teenagers

>He was also miscast, didn't look or act regal in any sense at any point in any of the movies. He looked like a washed up bum, even in his King getup at the end of the third film.

Yeh he was a bit low energy

Cheer up mate, you're going to be the king, with a thousand-mile view from your bedroom

You think Ian got high with the rest of the Hobbits?

The design part is just amazing. Absolute nerd spergout. A lot of respect for the illustrators esp. Alan Lee.

youtube.com/watch?v=qLk1VvbDAzM