It gladdens me to know that Odin prepares for a feast! Soon I shall be drinking ale from curved horns! This hero that...

It gladdens me to know that Odin prepares for a feast! Soon I shall be drinking ale from curved horns! This hero that comes into Valhalla does not lament his death. I shall not enter Odin’s hall with fear. There, I shall wait for my sons to join me. And when they do, I will bask in their tales of triumph. The Aesir will welcome me. My death comes without apology. And I welcome the Valkyries to summon me home!

CURVED
HORNS

What happened to him? I'm not gonna click that fucking image bigger because I fear snakes.

Good death speech, rubbed it their faces.

do you think he got reunited with his one true love?

Heavily tortured for a day, eventually dropped 10 meters into a pit full of snakes. They bit and poisoned him but he probably broke his fucking back anyways from that fall.

>I fear snakes

Why of all things?

yes

literally WHO

but seriously, i hope her sons get revenge on Lagertha for this shit.

>What did you say?
What did he unironically mean by this? I think there might be some hidden meaning to this conversation that changes the theological background of Ragnar's death, but something is missing.
>You may be right, Ragnar Lodbrok. I'm only the seer. I've walked among the lowest of the dead. And I groped for meaning. And I may have been wrong.
I think these lines somehow unsettle Ragnar. He really wants to defy the Gods so he's angry of the signs that show otherwise.
My personal theory is that Ragnar finds his belief before his death, probably when he notices Ecbert and realizes that he shouldn't take the prophecy literally since Ecbert himself could be the blind man since he is blind to his true plans.

She dies in England

at the hands of one of his sons or no?

>poison

triggered.

You know what would be a great way to end the show?

By having the camera suddenly pull away and reveal that the entire show is a teacher reading to his class

And then the teacher reveals he's a direct descendent of Ragnar. And then the camera pans around and reveals the teachers played by Travis Fimmel

why are normies so obsessed with Vikings

/ourcouple/

That would literally be the worst ending captured on film you utter pleb

So why did Ragnar tell Ivar to seek revenge on Eckbert instead of Aella? Didn't Northumbria fall way before Wessex historically?

This.

Why did they pass up on using his alleged actual line, "the disir bid me home"?

>Americans are too dumb to know who the disir were

Right, nevermind