Ready for the Oscars, Sup Forums?

Ready for the Oscars, Sup Forums?

First for Hershlag winning instead of frogfu

So many good stuff this year.

second!

i don't get the praise for Hell or High Water. It's a cool Texan neo-noir, but didn't really surprise any. everything about the production was slightly above mediocre, like a good Thomas McGuane short story you forget about a few weeks after reading. i'd hardly nominate it for best feature.

Jackie is so good, it's a crime it has no chance for Picture

That's a good prediction, but I think hidden figures and maybe hacksaw ridge will be nominated too

I wonder if she does that cute retard laugh at the Globes this year too

>best Affleck/Portman/Ali/Viola

Will this be one of the best lineup of acting wins in a long time?

gee we can only wait and see I guess...

From the North Shore of Boston, Manchester was too real, haven't connected with a movie like this for a long time. I know it's not an objective 10/10, but it was a 10/10 experience for me.

Going to be really upset if it doesn't get an Oscar, but it should at least get Original Screenplay and maybe Affleck will get Best Performance.

Not optimistic about Best Picture, Moonlight has intersectionality and La La Land is fun, but hopefully the segment of the Academy inclined to vote for something less depressing than Manchester will be split between La La Land and Moonlight

I just hope Larrain gets nominated

it's already over

He won't, it'll probably be Scorsese/Mackenzie/Chazelle/Jenkins/Lonergan

Manchester is a lock for best Supporting Actress and there's too much Hollywood wank this year to dump all the performance Oscars on one film so Casey is SOL

>Mackenzie
Why

>Manchester is a lock for best Supporting Actress
lol no Viola's going to get it

Except that she had no screen time and that thats not how voting works idiot

Best actor will be either Denzel or Affleck, no two ways about it.

not watching this racist shit

Only saw Arrival, Hacksaw Ridge and La La Land so far, really liked the last two. Don't really get the hype for Arrival, thought it was just ok.

Wanna see Moonlight but it's not playing in my city, so I guess I'll have to wait for a screener. Silence looks great too.

ye

Was Will Smith in anything this year? Will his wife try to stir up #oscarssowhite controversy again?

He was in "Collateral Beauty", which didn't go well with neither the critics nor the public.

Fences was by no means a bad movie, and i would wager that Denzel would be deserving a best actor win, but it will win far more than it deserves because its all black people.

B O Y C O T T

What about Moonlight?

No. I'm an adult.

>posting on the capeshit and Harry Potter board

>tfw living in a pleb shithole where the only available movies in cinemas are big blockbusters

Waiting for the brrips like every year it is