Itt: albums you like that everyone else hates

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eebzVpqm7-s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Death Magnetic

Excluding Fandango I seen most people praise highly Emperor of Sand as the best thing Mastodon has done since Crack the Skye

I have others too, but this is easily the best example

Fuck you all Hollywood Undead is great

I understand that Angelic to the Core may be deeply flawed in areas though the humorous nature of it allows one to look past that to some extent (rather than simply becoming irritated at the lacking production or completely blown vocals). For the most part I find this album genuinely enjoyable in the sense that one might enjoy a budget 80's/ 90's film that is as stereotyped as can be; it still retains a degree of fun that many albums seem to lack now and even at some of the lowest points of the album e.g. "I wanna break free, I wanna break (voices sync up terribly) freeEEEEeee" for example there is still some degree of replay value and amusement to be had whereas other duds may simply tire the listener and/ or be entirely un-memorable. Heck, I even found the fingerstyle guitar on "Seemless" to be quite relaxing and pleasant to listen to and the duet towards the end as being almost reminiscent of Mark E. Smith (and feel free to call me out as a moron for saying that) to say nothing of the surprisingly addictive synth-lead on "Duh". Yes, the album may be incredibly tacky though in respect that is where the album appears to shine, you can play the album have a chuckle at a couple details on each of the tracks without it getting old and still enjoy some of the hooks and song progressions even if they often appear to be completely out-of-place and poorly executed - I can't think of many other albums that are able to accomplish this.

How is the new Mastodon album by the way user? I've listened to Leviathan once as I recall and didn't think much about it; then pagan metal and folk metal are about the only sub-genres of metal that I really appreciate.

Eh, maybe. I mean, I think it's the most cohesive project they've released since Crack the Skye for sure (with the exception of the bizarre 2nd track), but it's still a far cry from their incredible 2000s work. Tracks like Sultan's Curse, Word to the Wise, and Scorpion Breath are all great tho.

How is the new Mastodon album by the way user?
Like I said previously, it's not bad. I listened to Emperor of Sand like twenty times before I felt like I could really come to a conclusion whether I liked it or not, which is probably a sign I did enjoy it. Even though it's not as good as their instant-classic tier albums like Leviathan, Blood Mountain, and Crack the Skye, it's still worth listening to if you like the band.
I'd recommend you listen to Leviathan and Blood Mountain if you want to give them another shot.

youtube.com/watch?v=eebzVpqm7-s

I like all of these

my nigga

i like new slayer too

None of my friends have liked it so far but I can't stop listenin'.

>tfw linkin park released a genuinely cool concept album and nobody gives it the time of day because it's linkin park

A Thousand Suns will be a classic in 10-15 years

They fucking suck. They're acting like they're 13 (which is why I thought they were cool when I was 13). You've got to be a child to think this is geniunely good

I loved that album too

I love anything mastodon

gonna be the next One Hot Minute

This grew on me. Ended up liking it after a few times listening to it.

this album is amazing

I liked it the first time, probably because I hated Neighborhoods

All Mastodon is pretty kinda different from the rest. Aside from the defining factors that make Mastodon "Mastodon". If you didn't really care for Leviathan then check out some of their newer stuff like Crack the Skye, Once More 'Round the Sun, EoS. As they grew as a band they got much less "thrashy" and much more melodic and progy (assuming that's the right term to use).