Grimes

So I'm new in mu and i see everywhere that you talk about grimes . You post a lot the cover of the album art angels so I check on wikipedia and it say that it's the most popish of her albums .So I started to listen to visions since I don't really like pop but man this is not really good

So are you trolling , is it a mu inside joke , or it just me who have shitty music tastes ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
metacritic.com/music/art-angels/grimes
vocaroo.com/i/s0LMSh1Pbcp4
clyp.it/0pgtu23g
youtube.com/watch?v=a4fHnGTvfLo
nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on-771377
youtube.com/watch?v=1FH-q0I1fJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, she gets posted here only because of her sex appeal

She's not pretty at all

i can get not liking her music in general but how can you seriously not like Oblivion and Genesis?

Exactly she's seen as attainable

It's not great. She's obviously a talented instrumentalist but sucks at writing music. So as far as her own music goes it's just a mu joke, perpetuated by the 6/7 people obsessed with her and fed by the people who feel the need to oppose them. Personally I like art angels because bubbly pop with cute vocals is always nice, but it's nothing outstanding or particularly note worthy.

exactly. every grimes thread is bait but we all take it anyways because it's sweet

if you dislike pop you're not ging to enjoy her music. sorry, mate.
however, before giving up, try her first 2 albums: geidi primes and halfaxa. they're her least poppiest albums by far.
>this is not really good
you just don't like it. subjective.

>sucks at writing music
this is completely false. are you telling me seriously that songs like oblivion, genesis, be a body, symphonia ix, skin, vowels = space and time, circumambient, colour of moonlight aren't well written? even pretentious hipsters like p4k were impressed. visions is catchy as fuck if you're willing to listen to it more than once.
you know what? people are still talking about her because her music is really memorable and it doesn't get boring even if you listen to it hundreds of times. there are people who listened to visions every days since 2012.

Art Angels is just flat out pop so fuck that.

Visions, however, is worth a look. You may not like it personally, as with all music, but it's genuinely one of the best synth-pop albums I've ever heard.

Haha

She's complete;y unremarkable. Beta fags post about here because they want to fuck her even though she's ugly. I think really there are only so many threads about her because of one or two totally obsessed weirdos.

Listen to the album Halfaxa or the EP Darkbloom (which she wrote soon after.) They exist in a completely different musical idiom from her most recent albums which is generally MUCH more appealing to people (like me) who don't like generic pop.

>he hates pop, no matter how good it is
sad

>She's complete;y unremarkable
but even an unremarkable pleb like you discuss her. how come?

I don't """hate""" pop , It's just that I don't like electro .
Those days pop and electro are quite fundamental to one another

For exemple ,mu talk a lot about death grip .
I checked it and kinda like it , not a fan but I can listen to it depending my mood

The few songs I heard about Grimes I don't know if she's singing or just saying onomatopeas

When I listento death grips , I know when they scream/sing

>It's just that I don't like electro .
do you dislike the exciting textures and huge variety of sounds of electronic? do you prefer the same old fashioned acoustic and electric music?

>The few songs I heard about Grimes I don't know if she's singing or just saying onomatopeas
so, you're a pleb.

Art Angels is like Jpop for English speakers. Which is great because that's miles better than most English language pop.

electro is kinda souless , it don't really have feelings in it

Why is it so wrong to be a pleb
Everybody experience music differently , we are all plebs to other people

American/British pop peaked in the eighties was still good in the nineties, and has been mostly crap for the past two decades. Jpop and Kpop build off of that eighties sound so it's still great.

you couldn't be more further from the truth. perhaps you listened to shitty electro.

most jpop is crap, though. it's really over the top adhd plastic soulless cookie cutter drivel. on the other hand grimes is able to inject a lot of soul into her electronic music.

don't take that seriously. just like what you like.
btw, which grimes songs did you listen to?

I heard realiti in a diy store. It's probably the least autistic track from her.

Not me btw

realiti demo is the best track from her, too bad you fucking autists are encouraging grimes to mame shit instead of great songs like that

Her music is basically weak old cheeseburgers. Boring, bland and made by the lowest common denominator.
It's all garbage and Grimes is basically a Sup Forums meme.
People who listen to her music daily, should be taken outside and shot dead.

user, this is an 18+ website

Where did she hurt you?

Art Angels fucking sucks and Im pretty sure its just a meme at this point to post it on Sup Forums

Visions is the only one worth a shit, and Halfaxa is just okay.

go back to your basement, neet. no one wants to hear your stupid opinions.

>Art Angels fucking sucks and Im pretty sure its just a meme at this point to post it on Sup Forums
so, you hate this album and can't believe other people enjoy it? that's lame. it's a meme (=viral) because it's really good and catchy. perhaps you just hate pop music.
>Visions is the only one worth a shit, and Halfaxa is just okay.
nothing about geidi primes?

this guy's got his facts straight

he's completely wrong. you just share a stupid opinion with him.

one of these songs is shit, the other is a synthpop masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
If you can't tell the difference well fuck you

>so, you hate this album and can't believe other people enjoy it? that's lame. it's a meme (=viral) because it's really good and catchy. perhaps you just hate pop music.

okay. stop. turn the projector off.

i dont hate it. It just sucks, it was a disappointment, you need to understand where I'm coming from. I don't hate pop music first of all, I enjoy bubbly pop shit just fine, Kero kero bonito was the last one i listened to. But I was introduced to Grimes with Visions, and I really enjoy the sound she had going on and for her to just go onto this bland overproduced shit with Art Angels was a disappointment for me.

Alot of people don't like it. But alot of people are grimesposters just to fuck around on the board too, and then you got the contingent who LOVE the album unironically. Like you.

That I don't get. On its best fucking day it is a 6/10.

>nothing about geidi primes?
i cant even remember it much, so it didnt leave an impression me, at best i can recall it being on par with halfaxa.

both are synthpop masterpieces and both are unique. there are no other songs like them. you have bad taste, that's all.

>That I don't get. On its best fucking day it is a 6/10.
you don't get that because you dislike it. other people get it, so you seem mad at them. the thing is that art angels is considered an excellent album. it happens that you have a contrarian opinion. nothing wrong with that, but stop implying that aa objectively sucks because you hate it.

>it just me who have shitty music tastes
turns out to be this

BOUCH!!!!!

>are you telling me seriously that songs like oblivion, genesis, be a body, symphonia ix, skin, vowels = space and time, circumambient, colour of moonlight aren't well written?
yes.

blasphemy!

>so im new to mu
newfags dont even know to lurk more before posting.

Her music sucks, it's just a very vocal group in here that spams her shit because it's their waifu.

>Her music sucks
explain this metacritic.com/music/art-angels/grimes
also why people should take your shitty opinion seriously?

Haha careful there, friend, don't get too mad, your opinion is shitty too.

Grimes is the best thing to happen to our modern world. If the twelve apostles of Jesus Christ our lord and savior themselves had only known of such beauty they would have apostatized from their Christian heresy. Grimes is the one true goddess, and her psalms should grace the ears of every living child by law.

God bless Grimes

Tons of people don't like actual good music, you're just one of them. There's no shame in that :)

>why people should take your shitty opinion seriously?
ironic considering nobody should ever take your shitty opinions seriously yoruba

you took my opinion seriously. btw i'm not yourba.

>you took my opinion seriously
uh no i didn't.
>btw i'm not yourba.
>why people should take your shitty opinion seriously?
yes you are lol

I'm in it for the memes more than I am for the music.
But I did enjoy Art Angels quite a bit.

My Grimes analysis
>amateur director
>ok at drawing
>shit vocalist
>shit guitarist
>mediocre writer
>good producer
Shes like one of those: i can do it all but not quite.

>>amateur director
yet she stills receives awards for almost every video she directed

so you're calling me someting i'm not. sweet.

shit opinion. who are you to talk shit about her? what is your expertise?

Well im definitely better vocalist and guitarist thats for sure. Cant you hear the amount of pitch correct and reverb to create the illusion that she can sing at all? I've seen enough live performances to know shes just a hack.

>Well im definitely better vocalist and guitarist
[citation needed]

>one of those: i can do it all but not quite.
You mean like Prince? Or Beck? Who are these “those” that you’re talking about?

>[citation needed]
are you fucking kidding me? what are you even saying? he doesn't have to prove that he's more talented than grimes just to criticize her music. this is like kindergarten logic

reminder that this took me ten minutes to make in logic.
vocaroo.com/i/s0LMSh1Pbcp4
she's not some kind of musical genius. all her shit is basic af.

>reminder that this took me ten minutes to make in logic.
no wonder it sounds like shit

structurally it's an exact clone of the be a body instrumental. the only difference is the sound fonts

so, are you a failed musician criticizing an accomplished musician? interesting.
>I've seen enough live performances to know shes just a hack.
what do you mean by a "hack"? someone who manages to make great art despite their own limitations?

>the only difference is the sound fonts
do you think it's easy to replace them with some better ones and that's it?
also repeat someone's idea =/= come up with the idea

She just sounds like early kate bush LOL

first of all, it sounds like shit. secondly, of course it's "easy" to copy her ideas. you're a mere imitator, not a creator. you're like a chinese factory: cheap and fast mass production with no subtlety, refinement and original ideas. basic af? think again.

lmao! i doubt you even listened to early kate bush. show me just one kate song from her early years of her career that sounds like be a body.

btw you forgot to add your probably shitty vocals to make your attempt a complete failure. you have no reason to criticize her work when you couldn't even make the same things as her. i'm not even talking about surpassing her work, that would be impossible.

>because i don't have the same synthesizers that she does
that was produced purely in garageband

>do you think it's easy to replace them with some better ones and that's it?
no. because i don't have the same synthesizers that she does. my point is that her music is simplistic and she's not actually some musical genius. only the musically illiterate would think that.

>you're a mere imitator, not a creator.
that's the point. i've created plenty of original music. my point in recreating the song was to demonstrate how simple it is.
>of course it's "easy" to copy her ideas
you act like that can be said for every artist. let's see you try to copy a bach fugue, or virtually any extreme metal or prog rock. the majority of other artists would be more difficult for me to recreate.

all i need to sound like grimes is pitch corrector and ten reverb filters. and a rubber band around my balls i guess

>kill v maim
>synth-pop
>masterpiece
okay, friend.

holy shit actual factual plebs. like not in the ironic sense, but actual really idiots that don't understand anything about music production or music critique.

he is right

you sound like a baby that just downloaded a daw and now thinks he's a producer

>i'm not even talking about surpassing her work, that would be impossible.
find another hobby.

any tips for ableton?

it doesn't matter if you're technically a better vocalist and guitarist than her. probably you're better than say tom waits. what it matters if your music has an emotional resonance to your listeners. if not then it's just technical wankery. no one cares. music is not a competition, bro.

shut up, pleb. you didn't post any argument.

ask grimes

>what it matters if your music has an emotional resonance to your listeners
lol i remember being in high school. emotional =/= good.

Grimes posts are like 20% jokesters, 10% people who actually enjoy her music, and 70% neets who want to lick her toes

>all i need to sound like grimes is pitch corrector and ten reverb filters.
you're delusional. if you actually would make that song be a body all by yourself (even without the vocals) i would consider it genius. i'm dead serious.
this is how an incomplete be a body instrumental sounds like: clyp.it/0pgtu23g
it's great even if lacks certain layers.

>that's the point. i've created plenty of original music. my point in recreating the song was to demonstrate how simple it is.
genius is making simple yet remarkable things. anyone could mash a piano keyboard and make a "complex" melody. the trick is to make make more with less. genius persons like einstein discovered dead simple formulas like e=mc2. you could say: it's so fucking simple, i could discover it. but you didn't.
same thing for her music. you didn't make that song in the first place. if you would make it i would consider it genius even if it would be created by a nobody.
as a matter of fact i doubt anything from your original music is even close to her level. could you prove me wrong?

>emotional =/= good.
in art being emotional is everything. that's the whole point of art. also you missed the basic lesson that said that art is subjective. good? bad? subjective terms. you like it or you don't.

>he doesn't have to prove that he's more talented than grimes just to criticize her music.
He does if he/she is gonna cite his own chops as grounds for criticism. And what do you know - his/her own chops (see ) go against his/her case.

>this is like kindergarten logic
Yes - why haven’t you learned it yet? This is an 18+ board...

for those who insist that grimes is a poor vocalist: youtube.com/watch?v=a4fHnGTvfLo
just because she has a lisp it doesn't mean she's a bad vocalist.

this. he criticized her music by making wild statements that he's better than her. he's delusional.

Lol is this the same copycat Grimes clip posted in one of these threads about a year or two ago where the author couldn’t even get the first three chords right? (can’t listen to it myself atm.)

probably the same. they insist that her music is basic just because they could make a very basic version (not even correct) of one of her songs. it's funny how much detail they disregard from her music. there are many, many tricks and sudden twists that make her music so enjoyable.

emotional =/= good.
user, who is your favorite musical artist and why?

You know the meaning of imageboards is to stay anonymous right? Im not going to showcase my new project for you to dislike bomb it because you are upset im right about your princess. Also "one of those" i dont think of any big artist particularly. But from those who have less talent music-wise i think she takes the cake. Most of "jack of all trades master of none" type artists cant even hit 10k streams on a song. I guess Grimes got a pass because of her image.

I haven't failed yet tho since im fairly young and i just launched my project. I know its not likely that im going to ever reach numbers like Grimes does. But shes going to be still shit vocalist and guitarist regardless.

Dont even compare Tom Waits to Grimes LOL.

And with "hack" i mean shes garbage as musician but really good with ableton. She shouldnt perform live. People are gonna be really disappointed when 80% of her songs are playback and when shes actually "singing" into the mic everyone's ears are bleeding.

>I guess Grimes got a pass because of her image.
yeah sure, she got so much acclaim and fans because of her image... stop being so delusional; you're embarassing and frankly you sounds like an envious failed artist.
you're dumb. as a musician she's fantastic. she writes GREAT REAL SONGS, not some failed experiments. she's a great producer too.
>She shouldnt perform live. People are gonna be really disappointed when 80% of her songs are playback and when shes actually "singing" into the mic everyone's ears are bleeding.
wrong on every level. 99% of her audience is happy about her shows. read some reviews and you'll see how wrong you are.
e.g. nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/grimes-glastonbury-set-proved-bowie-and-prince-s-maverick-spirit-lives-on-771377

>I know its not likely that im going to ever reach numbers like Grimes does.
Until you learn why you should appreciate and respect an artist like Grimes and realise why she is good, you will be a nobody, that's for sure.

>I guess Grimes got a pass because of her image.
She made it because of her real talent and hard work.

at least you're aware that your probably bad music will never get so much attention as her music. you're pretty far from 50 mil. views only for one song, right?
youtube.com/watch?v=1FH-q0I1fJY
stay mad, sweetie.