Memerap is a legitimate art form now

>memerap is a legitimate art form now
What went wrong?

We didn't listen.

i'm recalling how everyone was laughing at crunkcore and now it's sort of evolved into this and became a big thing. just amazing.

just another fotm

Newfags took it seriously

>lil peep is dead
>xxxtension is like on house arrest or some shit
>lil pump will be a one hit wonder, the type of guy 10 years from now people are all "lol remember that guy"
>soundcloud rap will most likely be dead by the end of 2018

the worst thing about this age is like pasty p4k writers following over themselves to write some purple prose in detail review of some assembly line sound cloud rapper that will be replaced 6 months from now by some other lil faggot

I blame Jake Pual

You mean Lil B

So glad I'm British and have no idea who these retarded looking people are.

Lil B has never been that big.
The biggest things he's ever done are the Fuck Kevin Durant song and popularized the word Based.

WONTON SOUP

Bet you know the call to prayer

This is like the new golden era of hip hop, desu. What a time to be alive. Unironically.

Pump is fire tho

>>lil pump will be a one hit wonder, the type of guy 10 years from now people are all "lol remember that guy"

Nigga, it was obvious that lil pump will blow up since like the beginning of the last year, what are you talking about.

what im talking about is i remember when lil jon and the black eyed peas were famous too, and this no talent retard is all style over substance and will be washed the second rap or music changes culturally

Do you really think people are going to be scrambling for the lil pump album 15 years from now when he is some cringy old man still trying to be cool and put out "bangers"

Only the musicians who have depth last long

>Only the musicians who have depth last long
>punk
>grunge

do you hear any grunge or punk on the radio today?

i don't hear anything besides shitty edm

Thank fuck no

80 ON MY WRIST HUNNED ON MY WRIST

MAH BIH LUH DO COCAY (OOH)

ESKETIT

Truly unironically this is like the hair metal phase of hip-hop.

I know it's a meme but I believe Peep would've blown up, but not that much more than he already had.

I like grunge.

oh man i just realized lil peep and lil pump are two separate people

it has been, idiot
educate youreself

lol
hip hop meme genre

Haven't seen this in years.

>legitimate art form
was it, really?

Needs an update

>Lil B
>Sup Forums actually started this shit
Holy shit

The only reason people unironically enjoy it is because it makes rationalizing their mediocrity come easier. End of story.
Peep's death also took it from an ironic joke to an undeniably poor choice of lifestyle and now it isn't even funny.

memerap ?
This is the future nigger, get on board or go sit in a corner listening to your boring ass music shithead.
Remember when Kanye said he was rockstar, well he was dead ass wrong. These self-made soundcloud rappers are the rockstars because they don't need big labels to get a following and make it on their own.
ALSO RIP PEEP LOVE YOU

This shit is going to be remembered as the cringiest most embarrasing stuff in like 5 years.

>industry plants are rockstars
2018 is gonna be rough for you.

his arms look long as fuck compared to the rest of his body

Sure, just like Myspace and "rawr xd" scene kids were the future in 2010.
A couple of them are gonna get big a la skrillex and that's it, something even more retarded is gonna come.

>>industry plants are rockstars
who said anything about industry plants bitch? You clearly know nothing about music. Go listen to your lame shitty ass music, most of Sup Forums do actually, that's why you don't get laid.

'rawr' scene kids made shit music tho.
They didn't innovate. These new rappers are and they are making the foundation for hip hop's future.
>likening rawr fags to lit shit is the lowest of lows

The disrepect won't go unnoticed.

This is a stupid argument but literally no one was saying that especially in 2010 (The big thing was chillwave at that point) because the scene was derivative as fuck. Like the ashes of a movement that died out.

none of these guys will have any impact, they will be squeezed for any money they will make from morons and then tossed for the next fad. Then they will grow broke and have to pay back the advance the record company gave them.
Then the music business will find something new to exploit and he cycle will repeat.
Then some moron will be making posts on Sup Forums saying shit like "lol man you jus dont get it doe, dis the new rock, facebook rap gonna last foreverrrr"

It's neither legitimate or an art form; nothing's gone any more wrong than usual, it's just a fleeting frenzy impressionable teens are getting swept up in like nu-metal, brit pop, witchhouse or trap. The next thing will come along and take its place.

What went right?

This

All of these people have gargled nut in exchange for promotion. You're idolizing hoe-ass niggas.

You think you'll get laid without your attachments and baggage?

isn't all rap essentially meme-rap then?

the next wave of rap is going to be guys in like casual wear who drink water a lot.

It's not gonna come. You have no idea of the shitstorm that's on it's way. The world culture is about to be transformed.

Probably, after it goes full edge in the next couple of years.

I think y'all niggas salty because the tides have turned and no one gives a fuck about the lame ass music you listen to. This is what the youth has chosen, you sound like the old ass grampas back when sex pistols were killing it.
You're scared to admit that these niggas are better than punk niggas.

It's homosexual for the same reasons; exhibiting the most superficial of feminine characteristics. Bitchiness, vanity, flightiness. Malice isn't rebellion. It's the appendage of your oppression. You're a house nigga. A minstrel. A babbling fool.

no one gives a shit about rap outside of america

no one cares what young people listen to because young people are morons who listen to what record companies tell them to listen to

lololo xd u r just sooo mad cuz like... ur a grandpa!!11 -.-

It's the beat makers like Pierre that innovate. The meme rappers are just a transient image and vehicle for it

prettyy much

And yet rap still manages to rack up the most views online, sales and discussion on the internet.

Everything you said is wrong.

x looks like et in this pic lmao

>literally shorter than your grandma

Honestly though I hated crunkcore and always have but these new breed of meme rap is pretty okay.

You mean Viper

did some1 say VIPPER

>15 years
>cringy old man
In 15 years Lil Pump will be 32.

>implying he'll even reach 20

rock music continued to be shit across the 2000s
blame rock music for being overly formulaic

In rap years being 32 years old is like being geriatric, unless you can transition to flawlessly cool celebutante status like Kanye and Future

I'm so glad I'm not growing up in this era and being warped by it

Not necessarily. Action Bronson and Killer Mike only got big when they were in their 30s.

And Danny Brown

you would seriously be hard pressed to find a fan of hip-hop/rap that does not know who lil b is

What do you want, a medal?

They are still in that alt-rap lane though, which has always been older and more niche. Do you expect Lil Pump or 'Lil Xan' to ever go into that lane?

It's not art, it's pop.

Maybe not those two, but some meme rappers have got the potential.

And kendrick

Lil B was never mainstream like Lil Pump and XXTentacion are

My medal is not knowing what a diminutive pump is