This is unwatchable fucking garbage

this is unwatchable fucking garbage

Bird up

season 2+ are but season 1 was kino

First 3 seasons are really good. Season 4 it gets stale. 5 and 6 are outright bad. I'll still tune in for season 7 though because there's literally no other sketch shows left.

I enjoy it, Carrie & Fred are both cute and funny. I just started watching Documentary Now! which is also really great.

IT'S ALL ABOUT SNAIL DOWN THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION!

But season 5 had the best episode in the entire series.

Reminds me of New Girl
>That Hillary episode thats basically just unfunny topical garbage that is borderline unwatchable
Schmidt is the only reason to even look at it

I haven't watched IFC since they cancelled Out There tbqh

PUT

Carrie a cute! A CUTE!

I marathoned the first few seasons on Netflix and there was some genuinely funny skits, but about season 3 it just became so recycled and specific for me to enjoy. Might rewatch the first season as I don't remember any of it but I do remember cackling quite a bit

>have subject in a neutral bored position
>put subject off center with neutral space in the center
>hipsters automatically call it artistic

i hate hipster culture and how weak it is

Got some Schmidt on your face.

This is a great episode, I love it when he dresses as a woman. He has such a manly face that he does not even have to say anything while being hilarious.

Fuck this shit fucking show when's the Sleater-Kinney album coming out already

I feel that. I think the only time I laughed in Seasons 5 and 6 was Carrie's line "The only thing that can destroy feminism is feminism itself."

Lol. You know you sound just like the hipsters that hate it right?

Eric Andre is "/s4s/ memes: the show", anyone who quotes it automatically is disregarded as a moron.

your opinion is wrong

I lived in Seattle for a year and I think that experience made it hilarious for me

Wouldn't recommend to someone who isn't intimately familiar with the Left Coast

doth my nugs bequethe me?

should I download this show?

Yeah but Documentary Now is actually good and somehow doesn't completely botch the parody genre like everyone else seems to do.
Portlandia is just some hit or miss sketch based comedy and Fred is literally the only reason it's remotely good.

Wow it's almost as if you've never watched the show

It's a hipster show.

>hipster

le sigh

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

It takes two bananas

this show is hilarious

it's making fun of stupid portland hipsters

t. hipster cuck

I know you put a lot of effort into that so i will give you a reply but there is no way I am reading that much.

They cut the song for the theme PERFECT to make it 10/10 and an amazing watchable opening. Full song is just garbage trash

It's a pretty stale pasta.

What a bunch of bullshit.

"Hipster" = affluent fashionable 20-somethings in urban areas like Brooklyn

It's really that simple.

the show is pretty good, not amazing. the only people I know who have this negative of an opinion about it are pretentious hipsters themselves

wow it's almost as if they are parodying that culture lol

>affluent
Kys they leech off of their parents and complain when their liberal arts degrees don't get them a job