Why are plebs so angered and confused by this film?

Why are plebs so angered and confused by this film?

Why are they confused by something as basic as Lex's motivation? Is it because he protrays it without saying it verbatim like in Marvel flicks?

MARTHA

MARTHA

BEYONCE

MARTHA

Desperate and pathetic, SAD!

t. Hillary supporter

MR. WORLDWIDE

>p-p-p-please, Sup Forums, like my shit movie please
>anyone please
>I beg you
>like my shit movie
>please

But he does say it verbatim.

Boiled down, his motivation is revenge against his father. Just like any other Marvelshit.

t. reddit

Wow...people really are this stupid.

It's not that BvS was too intelligent for audiences...the current moviegoing audience is so stupid they can't understand a Batman and Superman movie holy shit.

>d-d-d-do I fit in yet? I share news screencaps and call things reddit d-d-d-do I fit in yet?
>p-p-p-please like my shit movie

Because people hate what they don't understand

Not him but why do you stutter like an autist?

Is that why you hate decent screenwriting?

Batman v Superman is simply the representation of the artistic bankruptcy plaguing the contemporary film industry.

Like Man of Steel, Snyder's last endeavor in hackery, this latest attempt is to convince the masses that what they are viewing is something deep or meaningful, when all it has done is push forward shallow technicality and exaggeration to make the frame pulsate with vulgar loudness. Characters are mere veneers, the cinematography is pretty but so conspicuous as to be rendered aggravating and the thesis is about as overdone as Eisenberg's acting. The camera feels like it has been waiting all day for a climactic shot and the film's deliberately difficult production history is laid bare in the indulgent cinematography.

Thematic complexity and philosophical subtext take a back seat to what amounts to as basically an action movie with action stars wrapped up in the veil of capekino. And much like Salome, what lies beneath is ultimately puerile, obscene and holding fascination only for adolescents.

Snyder is guilty of something far greater than simply making a bad movie. He is guilty for the crime of gestating his pretense and self-importance, forcing many others to labor over it in a misguided attempt to create art and daring to call the afterbirth a film. Perhaps instead of taking his cast and crew to greenscreen rooms in search of a better shot, the American counterfeit filmmaker should have taken his juvenile and crass sensibilities to the seedy San Fernando valley. There he could have at least made a profit of filming all the money shots he wanted.

gr8 b8

> t. reddit

kys reddit

Everyone above is reddit.
Everyone below is reddit.

hola reddit

>I-I-I-I-I p-p-p-posted it a-a-a-again d-d-d-d-do I f-f-fit in y-y-yet?

It's extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

Redditors

i couldn't even make it halfway through this pretentious jew critic pasta.

Batman v Superman is so bad DC may have tanked their entire cinematic universe already.

You can bet your asses WB Exec's are fucking terrified that Wonder Woman and JL might flop. Batman v Superman's gross was frontloaded as fuck and dropped HARD, only meeting the absolute bare minimum of box office expectations. It was entirely sold on hype and goodwill from fans, and the movie was complete shit, and everyone knows it. Everyone saw that Sad Affleck meme video, and the cultural consensus is, by and large, that BvS sucked. Is anyone really excited for Wonder Woman? Even fucking Justice League? Do normies know that movie is coming out? They're already a billion in the hole for this franchise, and it's not taking off like they hoped it would.

no you

Trying too hard, MCUck

I like it because I'm not a Redditor.

stfu reddit

>d-d-d-do I f-f-f-fit in y-y-y-yet?

>trying to flip it on me

typical redditor tactics

>having an opinion different from my own is reddit
isn't this exactly what embodies reddit though?

(i no ur trulleen)

This movie sucked and was a massive disappointment. How do you fuck up a BvS movie?

Being too stupid to understand BvS is reddit.

Thinking BvS is bland and boring because it doesn't have epic quips and a dance scene is reddit.

You are reddit.

> knowing what redditor tactics are
reddit confirmed.

Lex is garbage.
The "Batman's dream vision" sequence is still unnecessary.
The JLA setup scenes are still jarringly inserted in.
Wonder Woman still has zero development and is just pasted in to set her up for other movies.

Generally speaking the whole approach is flawed.
In MCU most, if not all, superheroes were previously established by the time Avengers rolled out. Even the primary villain in the movie, Loki, was previously established.

In BvS Superman had a previous movie where he was a reluctant autist and it was a first showing for Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex and all the other cameos.
And considering how uncharismatic Superman is the whole thing ends up just being weird.
It's like they're trying to do a serious movie but the elements just don't add up.
Also an additional problem is that Snyder is still in his Watchmen mode of directing where the only mood anyone has is "depressed".
The yet another DBZ final segment with the entire landscape being reduced to rubble is yet another poor choice

Oh yes, let's not forget that in his first DCU showing Batman is already in his DKR mode, Superman in his second movie is already in his Death of Superman mode and the JLA doesn't even exist.
The entire thing is just poor choices stacked into an unsound whole.

>d-d-d-do I fit in yet? I-I-I-I've posted the exact same thing four times why don't I f-f-fit in a-a-a-already?

I fucking hate redditfags JUST UNDERSTAND THE MOVIE U QUIP LOVING FAGGOTS

should have been spaced out to two movies. One centering on the actual batman vs superman battle similar to the DCAU version of the fight, and then a second film that involves doomsday and wonder woman and batman. They rushed it, I don't know if it was an attempt to keep up with marvel or what but they took a great storyline and skimmed over it. Oh and doomsday looked like shit, and him being made from zod's corpse is idiotic as well

kys stutter typing redditor autist

>unironically using website names as adjectives
You're human garbage

>I-I-I-I-I added a-a-a-autism to m-m-m-my shitposts d-d-d-do I f-f-fit in yet?

These posts are from redditors.

Let's change all the character names and pretend like BvS isn't a comic book movie at all.

It's strictly it's own blockbuster movie not based off anything.

Instead of Bruce/Batman it's a generic rich guy, named Dave who dresses up in bullet proof armour at night and kills people for committing crimes and is known around his city as "The Dark Killer", and instead of Clark/Superman it's just an average joe named Ben that is secretly an alien that can fly and not get hurt.

Now that it's completely separated from comic books or any existing property, would people still defend this movie? Seriously, imagine, if you will for a moment, how much shittier Batman v Superman would be if the characters weren't from DC comics? It would have killed Henry Cavills career, Ben Affleck wouldn't of even agreed to do it in the first place.

Says the redditor.

>redditor trying to deflect

its so cute

You can say the same about MCU flicks and they'd be shit on.

no he got you bro, you're stuttering because you're so unnerved lmao. Can't even get a word out without stammering. Better luck next time kiddo.

>l-l-le r-r-reddit b-b-b-boogieman d-d-d-do I fit in yet?

Why does reddit hate this movie so much?

It would be an instant cult classic too be honest.

>but Marvel!!

kill yourself.

The first Ironman would be fine. Maybe not the Avengers movies.

BvS was utter shit. Fanbois need to wake up and realize this.

t. MCU fan

The main conflict of the film is half-assedly resolved in a big hurry so that they can fight a villain that didn't show up until the last twenty minutes and has no dialogue or personality whatsoever.

Batman has nothing to do for 75% of the Doomsday fight other than run away.

Wonder Woman had no business being there, completely tonally inconsistent with the rest of the film. Also it would have been great if they had cast an actress rather than a supermodel.

They throw the death of Superman arc in at the last minute without building up to it or earning it in any way. None of the members of the JL even know him apart from Batman who just met him and half of the population hated him so basically the only person effected in any way is Lois Lane.

I could go on.

Shit movie.

Plebs are upset because capeshit is supposed to be THEIR realm where they can turn off their brain and enjoy people in spandex quipping at each other with explosions in the background
When they got an intellectually challenging film with allegories to King Arthur that explored real issues, it reminded them of the films that they can't appreciate

Plebs just want a fun action film with batman and superman. Not an avant-garde art film that makes a statement

everyone hated this movie

It only made money because it had Batman and Superman in the title. Otherwise, it would have bombed even harder.

he's right you know

Martha
Boooooyyyysss
It's she with you
Jolly rancher mouth rape
I would not start a fight with this person
Lois doing retarded shit
Lois is a better detective than Batman
CGI Cave troll Doomsday
Emotionless Superman death
Lol J/K he's alive
Justice league trailers in an email
El flasho stupid cameo screaming
God awful fight choreography in the dream sequence

Go back to /r/moviescirclejerk and preach to them faggot.

Marvel

t. DC_Cinematic redditor

>knowing subreddits

kys redditor

Fuckin hell why is reddit so obsessed with Sup Forums? What exactly do redditors gain from this one-sided rivalry??

I have nothing but a complete lack of surprise that Batman v Superman was a pathetic, abysmal failure of a film, and I have nothing but scorn and contemptuous laughter for the morons who have been supporting Warner Bros for years. Laziness and lack of organisation will ALWAYS shine through, in the end.

Warner's DC studio have based their entire schtick around "dark and realistic" with Nolan's Batman but this time, when they themselves were put to the test without the help of Nolan ("can YOU make a good film, with all your supposed knowledge about it?") their true colors shone through for all to see. I knew it would happen, of course. I knew it from the first time I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and attempt to view Man of Steel.

Hopefully as a direct result of this, one or more of the members of Warner Bros executives will realise that they are, and have been, nothing but an abhorrent failure "half-assing it" through this cinematic universe, and put an end to it. Their life, that is. Now THAT I would buy tickets to.
Make your suicides happen, Warner Bros Executives. It's the only chance at redemption you all have.

it would still exist as a sequel to a movie about Average Joe named Ben coming to Earth and going public to stop an invasion from his own people

I'm not sure. They keep forcing their Marvel meme shit down our throats and need to fuck off.

wakey wakey fanboi

> knowing which ones are sub reddits
Hey reddit.

Did you copy paste this from your reddit blog?

Redditfags so insecure haha

They're just mad they don't have one kino out of all 20 of their generic focus group flick movies.

>they are making fun of my Batman movie!

>better call them redditors

LEL

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

BvS could have used a focus group. Something to tell them how shitty it that chopped together movie was.

I can see that being called out has really hurt you.

>a plot point that revolves around urine

LOL and people still attempt to defend this movie

DC is more focused on making film instead of mc donaldsesque product that pleases everyone including the lowest common denominator.

tfw to stupid to understand bvs

t. reddit

t. marvelcuck

I can see that being called out for fanboing BvS has really hurt you

>making film
Let us know when they make a non-shitty one

>The main conflict of the film is half-assedly resolved in a big hurry
The main conflict isn't a physical fight you pleb, it's an ideological battle between superman and lex with Batman mirroring Lex but learning how to escape from that attitude

Lex (and Bruce) feel insecure at the knowledge that an alien exists that is biologically naturally superior to them. It makes them feel impotent. In contrast, Superman struggles with the alienation of a world that is his homeworld yet views him as an alien; with some worshipping him as a God and others seeing him as a false-prophet.
The two ideologies collide and that's what the conflict is about
The physical fight is only there to satisfy theaudience

>they can fight a villain that didn't show up until the last twenty minutes and has no dialogue or personality whatsoever.
He too was an allegory. It wasn't about fighting him, it was showing them join up
Doomsday wasn't the villain.

>tldr; you're a pleb

BvS wasn't a film, it was random mess of mind-numbingly tedious footage stuck together.

reddit

If that means adding more quips then I hope you'll never be satisfied by our movies.

Nobody was "le confused", the movie sucked user. I know this is your idea of weak bait, but on the off chance you are serious, I really think you should consider if you may be suffering from autism.

Go back to rreddit, fuckwad

Big boys are talking here

why did lex release a monster onto the planet? He could easily have destroyed earth. Then how would Lex stop him?

You can make a good movie without quips. DC should just focus on making a good movie first.

>im so contrarian I defend BvS

LEL

The fact that Batman V Superman was attempting some ambitious things with the characters and posing questions about what we assume about their nature does not redeem it as a film. Why? Because nearly every opportunity to do something interesting with the characters is wasted. Case in point: Superman goes to a hearing to explain himself and rather than actually giving the audience a chance to hear what he had to say - which probably would have been really interesting - an explosion happens and the scene ends. Rather than spending more time with Superman and Batman, we spend time setting up a brainless monster for them to fight at the end that has no impact on the story at all. Wonder Women is lazily, haphazardly, and pointlessly shoehorned into the film for purely financial reasons and I defy anyone to argue otherwise. In the title fight, barely anything clever is utilized by the world's greatest detective and mostly they just punch each other and hit each other with sinks. There's nothing brainy, deep, or deconstructive about Batman swinging Superman around with a rope or stabbing a completely one dimensional monster that has no dialogue - isn't even really a character so much as a plot point - with glowing green crystal spear. This movie plays at having something deeper to say but it lacks any real substance, and it still contains all of the same silly shit Marvel movies have - glowing McGuffins, funny quips, endless explosion-filled fights - so I really don't know how anyone can pretend that it was just too smart for people. It was trying to do sixteen different things at once, and being 'smart' was relatively low on the list.

>im so retarded that I think BvS was bad

LMFAO