Sup Forumsscician Score

How much of a musician are you Sup Forums?

I got 70 points.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C1b5R99Kors
youtu.be/brasuPsTCy4
youtu.be/2gyxeXW_2T8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

brainlet here, what's the difference between the +5 guitar and +20 guitar?

also I score like 20, depending on how loose your definition of "playing" an instrument is

This whole thing is retarded. What's the threshold for getting the points for an instrument? Do I just have to own it? Do I have to have a certain skill level with it? Why is a classical guitar so many more points than an acoustic? What stops me from strumming open chords and playing wonderwall on a classical guitar? Where are the drums?

steel string acoustic vs nylon string classical

>Tfw lowlife drummer
>Drums aren’t even in picture

Look I know it’s literally the easiest instrument but I can be at least worth a point.

wtf why -80 for ubass?

>-15
Should i give up?

Acoustic vs classical
My question is why acoustic bass is even on there and why its worth 5 more points. I feel like it would be better to have fretless or upright instead

this. what a shitty thread.

Flute and steel drums aren't here either, I think OP is just retarded.

over 9000

Drums are pretty essential though

Loss of ten points for recorder? To be fair, anyone who can play one and keep it from being a shrill nuisance is a wonderful musician undeniably, think about it.

fuck I knew I was forgetting something, Banjo was another one I forgot. . .

I lump all classical instruments in with sax because there's too many to fit them all here.

What you play or played enough to be somewhat intermediate in.

Drummers are percussionists, not musicians.

This thread is trash and OP should an hero

Percussionists are musicians.

Percussionists that play chromatic percussion are musicians.

this

percussionist chart added.

I only have ten points because apparently you're prejudice against drums, OP. What gives?

>30
Fuck yeah!
Also what is that god damn sad excuse of a kit next to the big one that is disgusting. Is that Fisher Price? Is that the one Lars Ulrich used on St Anger?

So if I can play the electric bass what's stopping me from playing an acoustic bass? It's the same damn thing, it's not like it's fretless.

never mind, thanks bro now I feel like I matter.
>40

I'm at 80 because you were so kind to give the cello +30 points :3

This is the most retarded thing I've ever read on Sup Forums and I've been here for several years

>I've been here for several years
>is proud of waiting several years on Sup Forums

Tell me that this isn't a legitimate use of ukalele
youtu.be/C1b5R99Kors

youtu.be/brasuPsTCy4

These people kinda ruined any cred uke had anymore. How bout this, -80 becomes +10 if you can do more than chords.

This would put me at a 35

Noice. Glad drumkit is getting decent respect.

-10 master race here

I mean, its just one user who decided to give it that many points.

As a guitar/bass/midi/piano player for 10 years, drums are fuckin' hard! primarily for the foot pedals and having to stick to the time precisely while with other instruments you have a tad bit of leeway.

I respect drummers a lot.

>tfw 95

wrong. This is objective, and measured by learning curve and level of dedication and focus required to achieve master level.

>God Tier:
French Horn
Violin
Oboe/Bassoon/English Horn
Drums/Percussion
Tuba

>Good Tier
Trombone
Trumpet
Flute
Classical Guitar
Double Bass
Electric Bass

>Meh Tier
Clarinet
Saxophone
Acoustic Guitar
Piano
Cello

>Shit Tier
Electric Guitar
Synthesizer/Keyboard
Ukelele
Bleep

Its definitely something where the earlier you learn it, the better. I've been drumming since I was a kid and the pedal control has become second nature but I honestly don't know how easy it would be for me if I spent all that time honing other instruments. That's how it was for my cousin who heavily delves into MIDI and beatmaking while also trying to play in a hardcore band. He's just coming around to being consistent on drums after nearly a decade of playing them.

where i come from drummers are highly prized, especially if they like the kind of music one likes

>no accordion

Lord Ramon Ayala would be disappointed

145 IQ
170 MQ

The question with any of those classical instruments is whether you play them on your freetime as an adult or in a higher level band? Or did you just play them in middleschool/highschool? I played Baritone for 3 years in school band I didn't practice, I didn't know how to read music, I didn't do shit. Then I quit that, just so happened I got guitar Hero for christmas, and that lead to me picking up a guitar/bass/piano, learning music and starting my own personal projects.

fuck. . . 25 points to huffelpuff for that one!

achoustic
nylon
electric
sax in school (planning on picking it back up, just havent bought any reids)
electric bass
vocals
drum pad
midi controller
synthesizer

70!

>sax
>piano/keyboard
50, but I'm buying a decent/good/non-plastic recorder for my birthday so I'll subtract 10 in advance.

>minmoog worth less than cheap MIDI keyboard
c'mon OP... step up your game

+5 Acoustic
+20 Flamenco
+15 Electric
+30 Cello
+15 Electric Bass
+10 Singing
+20 Keyboard
+10 MIDI

> Still using a moog in 2017 instead of a Yamaha

>Drummers are percussionists, not musicians.
kek imagine having brain damage like this user. Absolutely embarrassing.

>tfw wanna buy a guitar and learn it

ugh test

this

I'm gonna put clarinet and flute in the same category as sax. I have 125

>3 guitars
>2 midi controllers
>no banjo
>no upright bass
>no sitar or any eastern instruments
>no woodwinds
>only sax for brass
>no accordian
>"what's a viola?"

Christ OP do you get paid to be this stupid?

drums are not the easiest imo that shits so fucking hard, im a guitarist and i think good drummers are godsends and there arent enough

I got 80. I'm awful at all of these, but hey, I can kinda play them, right?

+5 for acoustic guitar
+15 for electric guitar
+15 for electric bass
+20 for piano
+5 for synth
(I don't know how many trumpet or drums get me but I know those too)
Total score: 50 points

>Piano
>Sax in school
>Singing

Add drums from the other chart and that boosts it to 65

>drums
>easiest instrument

This is some horseshit, but I got 85.

>deciding you deserve to have a mic is positive points
this is the dumbest quiz ever.

One of them's a keyboard, one's a synth, one's a midi keyboard, and ones a midi drum pad.
I already stated I forgot banjo.
Double bass I'll admit I should have had.
Sax means any full band instrument.
Accordian to I stated I should have had
Viola is close enough to violin and stringed instruments that aren't guitar.

Saying the three guitars here are the same thing is like saying Future is the same as The Notorious B.I.G.

CS80 and GX1 were the only worthwhile analog synths they made. Little out of my budget.

vocals Richard! VOCALS!

why no drums?

-

80-85 points

>someone actually thinks this

>Electric guitar (good enough to play everything from Animals as Leaders to improvising adequately over Jazz standars)
+15

>(Acoustic steel string on and off)
+5

>Classical guitar (good enough to enter Royal College of music, I quit though to study engineering)
+20

>Alto sax (not that good, can read and improv a bit, but it wasn't in school marching band or anything so fuck you guys)
+30

>Electric bass (can play Jaco Pastorius level stuff)
+15

>acoustic/upright(?) bass (can walk)
+20

>Piano (I've never had a lesson but I can read, improv and I'm learning Rachmaninoff's third piano concerto)
+20

>+125

i'm dying
this is the dumbest thing i've seen argued on here in a while

they literally pioneered digital synthesis in the mid 1970s and made the first affordable digital fm synth, which also happens to be the most popular and ubiquitous digital synth of all time

you absolute mongoloid

Zero because you apperantly don't consider the harmonica an instrument.

Same here

Can't tell if bait or full autismo

oh wait, "worthwhile ANALOG synths" I missed that part

I guess I'm the absolute mongoloid here

Haha it's not bait, I am autistic

Is the question which instruments we own, or which we can play? I think I actually owned that exact classical guitar funnily enough. Also, why no drums?

like 125 owned, mostly for the mics, although one of them should be worth a lot more than that shitty shure

like 120 playable

>+20 for classical guitar
>+15 for electric guitar
>+30 for drum kit
Also you should add an electronic drum kit because I've got one of them as well

Otherwise it's 65 for me

Holy shit you took the cake m8. This is the most retarded I´ve seen since i started browsing Sup Forums
Congrats

Nice one user, you really earned those (You)s

desu I was never sure if they were far enough from a standard drum-set to be considered different, any other drummers want to fill me in?

90, neat

youtu.be/2gyxeXW_2T8

I can't take people like you seriously. Get over yourself

>those bass scores

>105
Even though I own a piano, I don't even play it.
I should probably start with it soon.

I got like -90 because all I know are Ukelele Recorder and Drums

>play recorder and acoustic guitar
>be a fucking pleb if you play these
>am very disappointed with these people

me:-90

how many points if I have a children's guitar with nylon strings and it's missing two strings

Depends. The reason I have an electronic kit is merely so I can practice drums without making a huge noise, but also an electronic kit can be a slightly different instrument in itself, because of course you can play all sorts of weird sounds on it if you want - sounds that you'd never be able to play on an acoustic kit.

Pic related is my kit.

Could someone tell me what the difference is between the two acoustic guitars on the top left

Nylon string (classical and Django-style jazz) and Steel string, which is what most acoustic players use for folk, country, pop, metal, ect.

>Pic related is my kit.

You live in a blank void?

WHAT 9000? THERES NO WAY THAT CAN BE RIGHT