Your language doesn't have a mutually intelligible brother tongue

>Your language doesn't have a mutually intelligible brother tongue

If only the Fr*nch had raped the Dutch a bit harder.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=le_uNGdpa4c
vocaroo.com/i/s0P2JPnHm8D3
youtube.com/watch?v=Xan2xU-ZFic
youtube.com/watch?v=NSxXA4GxrbA
youtube.com/watch?v=XF3tOpYucyk
youtu.be/1xVkRh7mEe0?t=10m42s
youtube.com/watch?v=HlkGqbIjvsk
olestig.dk/dansk/numbers.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8jOomvPnRZ8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scots_language
youtube.com/watch?v=Qvq4ArCbVIY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wymysorys_language
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY
youtube.com/watch?v=Bq1HGI-oIek
youtu.be/AZNoGlajrQs?t=11
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

scots?

>If only the Fr*nch had raped the Dutch a bit harder.

you want me to speak my West-Flemish dialect to you?

no one can understand scots

youtube.com/watch?v=le_uNGdpa4c

I know that feel OP

>your language has a semi intelligible brother tongue and an incomprehensible brother tongue

I can understand 85% North Korean

Yes please.

i didnt even know North and South Korea had distinct languages

vocaroo.com/i/s0P2JPnHm8D3

>>Your language doesn't have a mutually intelligible brother tongue
It's overrated and brings no real advantage desu

>Fr*nch

bit rude

Needs more large frenchy words that end in "-ion"

Its because of loanwords. N.Koreans use little to none non-Chinese loanwords, while S.Koreans use words like juus for juice and terefonu for phone

I think it's mostly because NK Korean is still stuck in the 50s, where as SK Korean has evolved and added a bunch of new words and loan words to keep up with the times. So if a SK was talking with a NK they could understand each other for the most part, but there would be a lot of confusion and misunderstanding.

We cut that suffix in our dialect, but I can offer French verbs ending in -er where we add -en to?

voyageren
troebleren
ambeteren

>tfw don't like norway,denmark,iceland and that other small danish slave nation
>tfw finland is only favourite brother nation
>tfw we don't understand each other

wtf am i supposed to do

We say handphone or smartphone in south korean

Blame your ancestors, should have cucked them harder until their language disappeared.

Actually, finns hate you.

They only like greeks

No Slav can claim this. As the saying goes, noben Slovan ne ščije sam (no Slav pisses alone).

Scandi was the brother tounge to english, then the french messed it up.

Kan du tala skandinaviska.
Can (thou, d/th = þ) talk scandinavian.

Var skall du nu gå?
Where shall thou now go?

Bringa mig guld(et-the)
Bring me the gold

Det kan man se
That can (man, oneself) see

Haver du givit henne vad som hennes äro?
Have you hivn her what (filler word) hers is?

basicall this but there are exceptions, in example most of Poles cannot understand Russian (but I've met Russian speakers who claim they understand most of Polish phrases) but we can understand most of Belarusian and Ukrainian (since they're mostly just a mix of Polish and Russian) and read South and West Slavic languages (but their pronunciation is usually too weird to understand anything)

naah, the language group is called Anglo-Frisian. Dutch is closer to Old English than any Scandi lingo.

IKTF

spanish?

youtube.com/watch?v=Xan2xU-ZFic
the british elite

Not at all

i can understand maybe 40% of what they're saying

The base of Old English was more similar to Dutch and Frisian but the Scandis repeatedly raped the Isles so Old English is superficially very similar to Old Norse.

best k-pop
youtube.com/watch?v=NSxXA4GxrbA
youtube.com/watch?v=XF3tOpYucyk

Sardinian? Romanian?

Atleast you can understand other Americans

>Romanian?

sick burn, bro

romanian is a romance language

I'm serious
youtu.be/1xVkRh7mEe0?t=10m42s

They are both unintelligible for an Italian, Romanian is just a Slavic language with a Romance coat of paint, Sardinian is Old Atlantean mixed with some Latin

>terefonu

nordicks BTFO

iirc pasting Romanian phrases on /ita/ was a trolling technique that became so popular as to turn into a meme

that's cause Romania is Italy's Mexico and Italians hate Romanians

>hating your own children
wtf Italy?

Y.yes, having a sister language is very awesome. R-right guys?

youtube.com/watch?v=HlkGqbIjvsk

This is basically what Danish is to us

More like non blood related stepbrother

>Romanian is just a Slavic language with a Romance coat of paint
It's the other way around actually

* to anyone
danish is retarded as fuck, just look at their numbering
olestig.dk/dansk/numbers.html

It's true, they latinized their language in the 19th century to wewuz as Romance people

IKTF brah
youtube.com/watch?v=8jOomvPnRZ8

If only we'd known earlier

why do Danes get bullied so much on Sup Forums?

We use "telefon" too. And smartphone is "smartfon" while language like Lithuanians have their own name for it.

Russian is way worse in this regard honestly.
While we in Polish have some technical words that aren't loanwords (more like direct translations) Russians went full retard and pretty much anything that's related to internet and has a term in Russian is just a phonetic transliteration.
From my Russian classes I remember Site. Site as in website. In polish the name is "strona" or "strona internetowa", literally site/page or interernet site/page. Russian word is "sayt". A phonetic transliteration of the English word.

I also always kek at the Russian word for railway. Zheleznaya doroga. Iron road. You can't get more ooga booga than that.

what the fuck thats basically different language

the morphology and syntax of the romanian is romance. The vocabulary (the coat of paint) is slavic.
Romanian is as slavic as english is Romance.

Damn you Colombia

They use the same exact term for railroad in French. "Chemin de fer", literally road of iron

besides frisian and scots, dutch is the most similar

That explains a lot.
Russians in the day when railroads were introduced were huge frenchboos. Could be a calque then and not ooga booga.

fuck off dutch is our little brother language

It's still completely unintelligible to Italian speakers and sounds like a bad Russian impression

It's the same for Slavic speakers (at least Polish speakers) and sounds like a bad impression at italian. Your point?

It's Germanic, like English and German. They're going to be similar.

That Romanian is not mutually intelligible with Italian as the namefag was implying

>those tropical grass fields

sigh.. I'd love to go mushroom hunting in a tropical country once but it will probably never happen

Fair point.

>mushroom hunting in a tropical country
sounds like a good recipe for a disastrous accident.

Mushroom hunting is not popular outside europe and few other regions of the planet probably for a reason. If the natives for thousands of years didn't deem their local shrooms edible they most likely fucking aint

West-Germanic. I.e. I can understand German quite well, while North-Germanic languages only have familiar sounds.

West-Germanics split off from North-Germanics around 700 BC.

>tfw no one understands that "thou" is closer to "though" in pronunciation than "thau/thow"
>tfw everyone thinks thou is a very formal way of saying "you" even though it's the exact opposite, all thanks to the (((bible)))
>tfw thou was dropped from english because people were afraid to make assumptions about the closeness between them and their conversational partner, and "thou" began to be associated with the lower class and rudeness
FUCK
EVERY OTHER INDO-EUROPEAN LANGUAGE HAS IT
IT'S A PART OF OUR LANGUAGE
THOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE IT WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE A HIGH AND MIGHTY PRICK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There is debate as to weather Scots is a distinct language from English, or if it's a dialect of English

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scots_language

I know that, but there's a few species I'd like to find in the wild once, and they are easily identifiable.

Your point is entirely valid though.

a language is a dialect with an army and a navy

What do you mean my bro? I go shroom hunting every month now that it's rainy season. Even my grandad can recognize the 4 local varieties with psychotropic properties.

People in the countryside know a lot about mushrooms.

if you ever come to chile you should try these,
but be careful with amanitas!

>Russian is way worse in this regard honestly.
It only seems that way to you because you're so used to your own barbarisms that you don't notice them anymore. When it comes to borrowing from european languages you're not really the one to talk.

t. kolor, link, cmentarz, negocjacje, sukces, subskrypcja, sens etc

>strona internetowa
"sait" and "internet-stranica" are two different things though

>Could be a calque then and not ooga booga
Kek. It's ooga booga when Russians do it but it suddenly becomes okay once you find out that it was the French who made it up. Very unbiased of you.

Amanita muscaria (red fly agaric) is actually edible when you cook it and discard the cooking broth, but I would recommend trying it.

The really dangerous amanitas are the ones that contain deadly amatoxins, like the death cap (A. phalloides).

>but I would

but I would not

Do Dutch people understand anything from the spoken Wymysorys language?

youtube.com/watch?v=Qvq4ArCbVIY

>In origin, Wymysorys appears to derive from 12th-century Middle High German, with a strong influence from Low German, Dutch, Frisian, Polish and Old English.[3] The inhabitants of Wilamowice are thought to be descendants of German, Flemish and Scottish settlers who arrived in Poland during the 13th-century. However, the inhabitants of Wilamowice always denied any connections with Germany and proclaimed their Flemish origins.[6] Although related to German, Wymysorys is not mutually intelligible with Standard German (that is the case for most other German dialects as well).[7]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wymysorys_language

I knew that but people usually don't. here people get sick every once in a while eating amanitas without driying/cooking it

I literally didnt understand 95% of what was said in that video. I understand more of Jamaican English than this

This

>know German
>stumble upon a video of Jews speaking Yiddish
>tfw I understand it

I can understand some of it so I guess Dutch people might as well.

Yes I can understand about half of it. There are a lot of German/Limburger sounding words in there.

this video is what listening to korean sounds like when you know japanese
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY

oh and they say "ik zyn" like in rural Flemish dialect, how cute :3

youtube.com/watch?v=Bq1HGI-oIek
wtf this is just a weird dialect with shit grammar

I was born in the UK and moved to the US for 5 years when I was 6 years old
When I came back here, I had to relearn accents and even to this day I still struggle with heavy Scottish accents.

desu I get this quite often when just listening people speak English if I don't' really concentrate on them and I'm a native speaker

a mutually intelligible language is called a dialect, bro...

South-west iranic languages are bros, as all slavic languages

O portuñol e a lengua mais avanzada
Spoken Italian I understand like an 80% if people aren't going too fast
Written, less, around 70%
Isn't it the same the other way around?

Aha, so it's misinformation that it isn't intelligible to some degree with German. Thanks.

Unfortunately there are only several hundred native speakers and even some of them need classes because they only know it passively. It became popular recently so some Poles started learning it, although I doubt if one can preserve any language outside of its ethnic basis.

ikr
My favorite dialect of spanish is portuguese

BUY ITALKI NOW

t. Paul

And the worst of it is from themselves

deep down, we all know Portuguese, Spanish and the rest of the Iberian languages and dialects apart from Basque are just variants of the same language

Spoken Spanish mostly sounds like gibberish, written is somewhat intelligible

based Paul; I wonder if he browses Sup Forums

if you see a canadian(?) flag promoting Italki it's probably him

He's living in Japan IIRC

what do you think of Manchu

youtu.be/AZNoGlajrQs?t=11