How do you beat the Floyd Mayweather?

How do you beat the Floyd Mayweather?

His defence is too good to just try to knock him out.

His cardio is too good to tire him out.

If you try to play it smart, he'll play the punch-counterpunch game and rack up points.

I just don't see a way around it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xQjvXRcnPvw
espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/20362700/conor-mcgregor-pleased-switch-smaller-gloves-boxing-match-floyd-mayweather-jr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You need some super quick and strong Roy jones type nigger to just bop him in the face quick as lightning and get the KO.

You don't get gassed after 5 rounds and just play his game. You will probably not beat him by a huge margin but if you can land more punches then you are set. It will probably be the most boring fight to ever happen but whatever it takes

Tommy Hearns would beat him

I would have liked to have seen Conor land at least one good shot.

You know people say his chin hasn't been tested but I don't think anyone in welterweight is strong enough to really test it.

Oscar De La Hoya actually beat him.

Boxing judges are notorious for wanting to create this image of invicibility in floyd.

No boxer even in their prime dead or alive can beat Mayweather. He has perfected this craft, he's the literal goat.

I'm pretty sure Wladimir Klitschko would kill him...

Agree

A younger De La Hoya would have beat him more convincingly

literally any heavyweight would demolish him.

Do nothing and take a draw

Joshua would so would a lot of heavy weights, mayweather would not be able to knock them out and a few good hits could drop him.

Then how can he be the greatest?

Would you consider an under 15 basketball player who plays with a 6ft high hoop better than Kobe Bryant because he's the best at his age?

KO's are harder at manlet weight divisions though.

He was a real shadow of himself last night

All the top 5 WWs would beat him now desu

This lol

you don't
This interview with Andre Berto tell you how this 'fight' was doomed for mcmeme from the start.
This guy is ex wc and he lays out how fucking spooky it is getting inevitably dragged into Floyd's fight.
youtube.com/watch?v=xQjvXRcnPvw

>a 120kgs hulk hits harder than a 70kg guy

Who would have thought

I'd knock him out. His defence sucks and I don't gas out.

do you mean prime Mayweather or the washed up guy who just beat an amateur?

because prime Mayweather obviously was something special. This guy would lose to a real boxer.

very simple, just be sugar ray robinson

The ref was in on the fix. Floyd made a huge bet on himself and exposed it during his post fight interview. He literally won his bet by 20 seconds because he never thought Conor would go 10 rounds

Except Pacquiao did land more punches and so was called the loser.

Call him a nigger and shoot him in the head.

lmfao you mad last night proved once and for all that white people can't fight?

>Irish
>white
lmao

I think a real sturdy, close-range aggressor that works the body and ducks with his legs and not his back could give Floyd tough fight. There aren't many of these types of boxers left much less in Floyd's weight class. I think a lot of the reason that Floyd is 50 and 0 is because proper boxing technique and form have gone down the shitter and Floyd knows and capitalizes on this. The sport these is filled with way too many height-challenged head-hunters and wannabe outboxers whose only attempt to work the body are these fucking forward-lurching jabs aimed at the stomach. And when they do throw jabs at the head, they let their attacking arm fall rather than retracting it, and they let their guarding hand hang below the shoulder, protecting nothing. They do the same thing with their straights. And I almost never see an actual hook thrown at all in boxing anymore.

Good observation.

Oscar De La Hoya is literally the thing that you're criticizing and it worked very well against Floyd.

I think the gloves were a factor. Like a week before the fight floyd says "eight pound gloves or i quit." So close to payday Mcgregor couldnt say no.

With real gloves Mayweather would have been knocked out early

Canelo vs Mayweather 2, he's near god mode now since their last fight. If anyone can beat him, itll be Canelo.

Fucking retard

tommy hearns would have beat him
errol spence jr could beat him too

This is what white bois actually believe

You can call me whatever you want but I'm right.

Should we have height divisions for basketball?

be bigger. conor is an amateur, but way bigger so he got his shit off. if floyd fought ggg tonight, he'd have gotten mauled. size would get him. Prime floyd though, I don't know. A happy medium between the guy that tortured gatti, and styled on marquez is unbeatable by anyone coming into the ring from 170 down

Ask Castillo he beat him the first fight

USADA
floyd is getting popped in two weeks
cap this

>50 and 0
They really, really count the McGregor fight? Is breaking Marciano's record so important you Americans have to stuff Mayweather's record with non-boxers?

No, but that's because guys far shorter than most of their fellow players still manage to be top-tier productive at basketball. Steph Curry and Steve Nash don't have to play against fellow 6-footers to dominate games.

It's way less even and fair if you're outweighed insanely in boxing.

in what way does it benefit Mayweather to use gloves closer to the size McGregor's used to? or by "real gloves" do you mean 4-oz? because the originally agreed 10-oz would've been no question favorable to Floyd.

Obviously it didn't work or he would have won. Oscar had the height and reach to pull it off, sure, but only enough to get Floyd in the corner. He had multiple chances to finish him but failed to do so because once he had Floyd in the corner he kept trying to rain blows downward on his head from a full length jab distance. The one time he focused on the body in round 4 he held on to to Floyd with one hand, in an awkward leaning stance, and tried to do flurry blows on the side Floyd was guarding with his elbows. Modern boxers have forgotten how to throw proper body blows from a leveraged stance.

Learn how to score a fight faggot

He pussed out cuz he didnt want to get hit hard. There is no other reason to demand smaller gloves. What a pussy

Who would win between two Mayweathers?

smaller gloves = more damage, the fuck are you talking about

10 pound are real gloves cuz that is the standard. And no, heavier gloves would not benefit Floyd otherwise he wouldnt have demanded lighter gloves you retard

He's 50-0 for a reason

...McGregor was the one that wanted lighter gloves and routinely fights with lighter gloves in mma.

espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/20362700/conor-mcgregor-pleased-switch-smaller-gloves-boxing-match-floyd-mayweather-jr

you have any source that Floyd initiated that? because ESPN seemed to think differently, and also quotes McGregor in this article as saying he thought the lighter gloves would give him MORE power.

you're the retard you autistic little bitch

I dont kno anything about boxing i got owned

"it's free money"

Gotta play the rules of the game like he does.

If you notice, he quickly figured out in the early rounds that if he kept his head down and came inside Conor literally didn't know how to hit him other than illegal hammers on the head so he was already gaming Conor with the rules right there. Later on when Conor started to adapt Floyd would instead just cover his head and turn his back to Conor any time he was in trouble so the ref would step in to save him. Floyd combines a flawless use of the rules of "the sport of boxing" with excellent counter-striking for points scoring.

In order to ever beat him you'd basically need more power than someone in his weight-class could ever generate, or to be able to "play the game" even better than he can.

That's the problem, most of the guys at this weightclass just don't punch hard enough to topple a stubborn MFer like Floyd

Put a slav against him. This irish faggot was weak

nobody that could play the game better than floyd would become a professional boxer because it would be too boring for promoters to try to sell

he was the first to do it (the boring game) and people just paid for ppv because they wanted to see him beat

it wouldn't work trying to repeat what he did

is mayweather the dullest boxer to watch in existence?

the pacman fight was bad and so was this. i wouldn't pay to watch any of his fights.

all of boxing is like that. if you're not a boxer or interested in boxing, it's boring.

every tried watching a brazilian jiu jitsu match? people call that boring as shit but if you know the sport they're pretty entertaining.

>all of boxing is like that
no it's not, i can watch one of anthony joshua's fights or pacman's fights and enjoy them. but mayweather is just awful to watch

Take him down and choke him out? Easy.

yeah, it was pretty embarrassing

they wouldn't be able to hit him
they are too slow

they could literally punch his torso and give him a haemorrhage he is the size of a 12 year old

This. Hearns was the only past welterweight with a style made to beat Mayweather. Tommy often got knocked out when the other boxer was aggressive, but nobody could outbox him.

>implying slavs

Nah the "speed" thing is a real meme, even heavyweights can punch faster than basic human reaction time. Dodging like Mayweather does isn't based on speed it's based on movement reads essentially. A heavyweight tier striker landing a punch even on Floyd's guard would rock him like he's never experienced in the ring.

The real question is would he be able to tire out the big guy before his forearms were broken by repeated strikes from way outside his own reach

You throw him against an opponent that is a contender instead of crossover shit or retired, defeated men.

>t. amateur with 1-0 record