4 > 5 > 7 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2

Why is Sheev on the cover

because the movie is called the Emperor Strikes Back you fucking idiot

4>RO>the remainder which are emo bullshit

Tell me why it's so good

>expecting childish space explosion movies to be good
you dug your own grave m8

honestly the greatest work of science fiction

the world lucas and his crew were able to create in the late 70s with this film is incredible. somehow nothing's come close since, besides blade runner of course

am i the only one who thought jedi was best?

Fuck you. I swear, sometimes the whole ironic shitposting about the prequels being "kino" seems actually legitimate. I knew that the dumbasses who grew up watching those objective pieces of shit would grow up someday into retarded barely functioning adults obsessed with defending them, but to even try and downgrade Empire of all movies is just sad.

>t. consumerist pleb brainwashed by the corporate giants
You probably blow most of your meager income on 'epic collectors items dude!'

I think 2 is worse than one. At least there's one scene you can remember from 1

V is great just for based VEERS. I have the 35mm workprint. Looks great

Almost correct

5>4>6>7>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Underage b&

The best bits of jedi were best
But overall no

How the fuck is 7 worse than all the prequels?

It has the most emotional saber duel, but the bad parts were really bad.

Empire is the complete package.

Do you have a download link?

Not OP but I agree that the prequels are absolutely worse, but the original triogy is mediocre space action shit that manchildren refuse to give up so they laughably try to claim episode 5 is 'art'.

I bet you thought that twist was 'legendary'.

7 and R1 are both miles better than 2 and 3.

7 and R1 are not original and they do nothing to expand the universe, but at least they're watchable movies

dude holy fuck what a rare and inventive perspective, you're not just going with the crowd no sirree

>tauntauns freeze on their native planet
See penguins. They will also freeze to death in a blizzard.

I know you're trolling but that one would normally seem like a legit oversight.

None of the OT are. People are so wrapped up in Nostalgia and the brand, they can't admit that the movies are boring as fuck and lacking in originality and lore. Removing the shitty cgi and the downright silly moments, and the prequels are far better

because it's a chickenshit committee designed production line nostalgiafest custom made for buttmad jar jar-hating neckbearded manchildren

4>5>6>7>3>1>R1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It kind of was at the time. Why are you acting like you have any perspective when you were cum when it came out?

You don't remember the Yoda fight from 2?

pleb

actually 5>7>4>6>2>3>1

>prequels are far better
I don't really have a dog in this fight, they're all garbage.
Not even a little excited when I first saw them.

5>4>6>7>3>1>2

you're right
... it's great

4 > 6 only because Bildungsroman

oh yeah how could i forget them ruining a great character

if it was different you would've deemed it as shit as the prequels

The prequels aren't better as they are now; they're pretty much equal to the OT. Its just when you remove the shitty cgi and silly moments that the prequels would be better

1 is only cool for the desert fight and ending fight. The rest is just boring fucking politics. Tell me, who's the main character of episode 1?

I liked episode 2 more because at least there were some cool fight scenes (that one with all the jedis, yoda, etc..)

But the exact same problem exists in 2. Besides the saber duels and the Geonosis battle it's all boring ass politics and a playful romp in a droid factory

no i wouldn't because i like the prequels

Slurpy Slurpy Disney cummies boy

Who cares about the OT? Its old news grandpa...

CW > OT

You think they're good or you just enjoy them?

They both have this problem, which is why they're the worst movies. I just feel 2 did it a little better. I wish they would have used Darth Maul more in part 1 desu. Episode 2 also didn't have fucking Jar-Jar

That's just my opinion tho

>criticizing the fact that a culture was designed to compel people to spill out money because they want to feel like they're a part of something so they force themselves to watch and buy things they don't genuinely enjoy means I wear a hat
Great arguement!
Fuck, even that 'dude nerd' guy Simon Pegg agrees with me

Because 7 is a rehash of 4 and it completely invalidates all the hard work done by the rebel alliance and our heroes in IV, V and VI.

>tfw ESB used to be my least favorite one because it was "the most boring one" and I didn't like icky cuties romance subplot

kill me

It's the best star wars film

>our heroes
You're way too far gone.

i think they're awesome

RO>4>6>5>7>3>2>1

>>tauntauns freeze on their native planet
Did you miss the part where the rebel tells Han that's there's a bad storm and that him and his tauntaun would freeze if he went out?

>mfw trying to rank the prequels from best to worst

I... just can't do it. They're all spectacularly bad in their own special ways.

>I just feel 2 did it a little better
SAND
A
N
D

I wonder if there's a fan edit that cuts out all the fluff we hate about 2. Because even I thought the ending Geonosis clone/Jedi battle was the highpoint of the film, there are still good parts before that like ObiWan on Kamino and Anakin's revenge.
>I wish they would have used Darth Maul more in part 1 desu.
If they had at least showed Maul fucking shit up before the final fight it would have been ok. Up until then he's just Mr. Mysterious with horns. Because the final fight was really well choreographed I think. I wanted more of that in SW.
>Episode 2 also didn't have fucking Jar-Jar
Meesah no thinky you remembering Senator JarJar, okeeday?

Nah, 3 is alright

>Tell me, who's the main character of episode 1?
Translation: I just finished watching the Plinkett Reviews.

It's not that you criticized, it's the way you said it
>even Simon Pegg agrees with me
Congrats dude write a fucking book about it. Christ

some bits of jedi were top tier kino
but overall empire was better

Nah, I watched it a long time ago. It really is a problem in the movie.

5>4>6>1>3>2>>>>

This is the only way.
3 > 5 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 2

>3 is alright
Where do people get this from?

It hardly even has a plot, other than a loose connections of tangentially-related events having to do with the clone wars occuring that involve the main characters. Yoda's plot on wookie world had nothing to do with anyone else. Obi-wan's plot on the planet with Grievous had nothing to do with anything else. The opening scene has cool action but is utterly nonsensical and once again has little to do with the rest of the plot other than getting dooku out of the way. The main plot, I guess, is the scenes involving Anakin being seduced and turning into Vader, but even that only takes up a small portion of the movie. It might as well have tried to be Space Pulp Fiction.

And people trash Ep2 for its bad dialogue (as they rightfully should) but Ep3 has dialogue that's just as bad.
Why do people constantly meme about "I HATE SAND" but not shit like:

>Anakin Skywalker: You are so... beautiful.
>Padmé: It's only because I'm so in love.
>Anakin Skywalker: No, it's because I'm so in love with you.
>Padmé: So love has blinded you?
>Anakin Skywalker: [laughs] Well, that's not exactly what I meant.
>Padmé: But it's probably true.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, as I'm sure you all know.

Ep3 is just as bad as Ep2. At least Ep2's colosseum fight was mildly interesting until all the jedi stormed in.

My workprint is betterer than yours

I agree user

I remember the entire theater laughing hysterically during that scene

I like the Jabba's palace scenes and the last fight on the Death Star, but the Ewoks really were awful

You mean... they didn't appreciate the first time we see him pull out that little laser-sword of his and go to town?

Just watching them for the first time at 25 years old.

So far:
5>4>3>2>1

how come all the theaters I go to have the crowd that does the exact opposite of what Sup Forums claims? Yoda got some surprised gasps when I saw AotC, and nobody applauded at any moment in TFA (thank god) and not a single soul laughed at "Noooooo" (though there may have been a chuckle or two)

I like Jedi a lot, and I think the ewok hate is overblown (inb4 "the ewok chart").

However, it does have some issues in terms of narrative structure. Namely, it's essentially two separate stories crammed together. First half of the movie is rescuing Han from Jabba. Second half of the movie is Endor/Deathstar/etc.

It's almost like rescuing Han was supposed to be a "James Bond opening act" but it went on too long to just be that. And because it took so much time, the "meat" of the movie on Endor got time-crunched and felt a little underdeveloped. I really really like the Jabba/Tatooine parts of the movie as probably the best though, so yeah.

2001 is better than both of them

5>R1>4=6>7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1
fight me

>star wars
>scifi

Bro, it's a fucking fantasy movie with wizards and magic and swords and shit. Just because there are shiny metal ships doesn't make it scifi.

It's almost as if people on this board lie about the crowd's reaction to validate their own opinion.

No, the futuristic science, advanced technology and space travel WITH aliens makes it sci-fi

>science
what science? They just have ships and say nonsense words like "hyperdrive compressor"

>advanced technology
Which just substitutes for magic in a more standard high-fantasy setting. Clark's law and all that.

>space travel with aliens
No different than traveling with orcs and elves in LOTR

R1 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 1 > 3 > 2

no

4>5>6>R1=7>3>2>1

This.

Acceptable

>rating A New New Hope higher than New Hope
I think you need to let the honeymoon wear off.

in what fucking way was R1 even slightly as shit as the travesty that was episode 7

They suffered for different reasons. I feel like 7's characters weren't as thin (I actually remembered their names after the movie), and it felt a little more cohesive than R1, which had a pretty jumbled first half. Jyn's origin story was cliche, Forest Whitaker's performance/character sucked, and Vader's pun made me cringe.

But 7 suffers from Kyle Cringe's over-the-top attempt to emulate Vader, a plot that completely mimics New Hope, and a few too many nostalgia-grabs.

I enjoyed them roughly equally, 7 followed more Star Wars cliches and R1 followed a lot of general movie cliches.

*Kylo Cringe

>tauntauns freeze on their native planet

Tauntauns are not native to Hoth. The only native beast on Hoth we ever see is the wampa.

Somebody post a webm of Vader in the bacta tank

Duh its star wars. its really good for star wars

Literally jews and their lies.

This is the most objectively correct order:

5 > 4 > R1 > 7 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 2

>acknowledging plebquels

V,VI,VII,IV

Seeing RO tomorrow. Wish me luck.

kys

Who is main character in all others episodes?
Luke? He barely interesting and does almost nothing
Princess? She is just female character
Han Solo? He is for one-liners, that is his whole purpose
Chewbacka?
Who?

Veers' son voiced darth malgus in the swtor games
And you all of course know Veers plays the uh.. maester dude in got

1>2>3>R1>4>5>6>>>>>>>

>not loving all the films equally

>autistic power ranking

Cry more.

Autism