Rap "Music"

I'm 36 years old and I still don't understand this shit. Even with a high fidelity music system I can't understand the Ebonics or whatever the black people are saying. Why don't they sing clearer and in English. It sounds more like angry talking and the bass is so obtrusive and overpowers most tracks.

I know some people must think its good because this plague just won't go away. Can anyone briefly explain it? TIA.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pJk0p-98Xzc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(you)

bitch shut up
no one give a fuck
sage this shit
and no one say nothn

What albums did you hear?

***3.6 years old, sorry. last month was my half-birthday :D

Kids just pretend to understand it to look cool. Being cool is all kids care about.

You don't have to like it.

if you're not trolling. pay attention to how the syllables fall on the beat than the lyrics themselves. here's a pretty accessible classic track:
youtube.com/watch?v=pJk0p-98Xzc

People pretend to like it to seem not racist.

>t. actual retard

idk sounds like you're saying the same thing you were saying 20 years ago probably to the verbatim but what rappers have been doing and saying has changed dramatically and if you can't figure that out maybe it's because you're stuck, emotionally stunted and unwilling to accept change into your life. When things change, you ignore it and pretend it's the same because it causes you less distress

a- are you ok buddy?

Are you a nigger? If so, I'm sure you can figure it out. If you are white, wtf you doing man? Its just trash to calm the apes.

You're just retarded.

Why are you so racist? Are you joking? Being ironic?

>post track started by U-God
>censored version

go listen to a tribe called quest and shut up

>literal dadrocker
>doesn't understand modern music
im shook

They're feckless youth whose sole way of feeling like they have a little power is by looking down on people they've never met, because that way they can ascribe them whatever imaginary personal properties without being confronted with reality in the process.

Certain music is for certain people. I doubt OP is urban black street trash so he probably will never get or feel that kind of noise.

Hold on. You're 36 years old, young enough to be considered a millennial but old enough to experience a lot of life, and you're acting like this. Let me ask you something in a genuinely sincere manner.
Have you ever interacted with African Americans once in your entire life? How were they when you were in childhood? How did you interact with them in school? Were they as "violent" and "horrible" as you believe they are now? Were there any African Americans that weren't nearly as terrible as your flawed perception of them? Because from what I'm comprehending, you seem to be completely ignorant of the purpose of rap and African American culture in general. Sure, there are quite a few stereotypes of African Americans caused by the narratives in rap music (forget about jazz, funk and R&B/soul for a second), but you seem to just have a close-minded dislike for them in general. In that case, maybe you shouldn't listen to this type of music.

>I'm 36 years old
And you're still on Sup Forums.
How sad.

why do you guys constantly take bait like this

Generation y

Doo wop was/is good.

Is this some nigger irony?

Rapfags, what do you expect?

is this some hypno parody?

sage

No. Its an Abyssal from Kantai Collection.

Try some experimental shit dude, I don't like rap at all, but when mixed or influenced by something I like, it becomes easy to listen, even like it.

Normal people don't actually like it. Just because its been around awhile doesn't give it any merit. Cancer has been around awhile but its terrible.

Rap was better 40 years ago, they enunciated

This. There's no other reasonable explanation as to why any sane, mentally stable adult would unironically enjoy hearing some barely-functioning retard mumble about drinking cough syrup and getting cocaine snorted off his dick.

PULL UP IN THE DROP TOP
SHE DROP DEAD
PULL UP IN THE DROP TOP
SHE DROP DEAD

>There's no other reasonable explanation as to why people get fucked up and subscribe to the rap lifestyle other than them pretending to be progressive. It's not that I have no friends and have no idea what a good time looks like. No. That can't possibly be it.

>I'm 36 years old
Ah, a real intellectual!

More like CRAP music am I right?

Don't even legitimize it by calling it music.

I'm 38 and have been here for 14 years. It's much sadder to waste your 20's here.

truth is spoken

Remember the Hal turner raids?

That was sad because I hate those savage Negro beasts.

The Jews keep this shit going. You don't see Colin powell, Juan Williams or Condoleezza rice listening to this shit. Its Negro pacification.

Its shit, just ignore it like most of the civilized world.

Just give this a listen

Sup Forums hasn't been around for 14 years, retard

The track list is in broken English.

Here's a couple albums to listen to op:

Shabazz Palaces - Black up
Ka - Honor killed the samurai

Reminder that people said similar things about jazz (especially swing, Reefer Man anyone?), blues, and rock music. "Oh, it's violent, nonsensical, sexual, drug/alcohol filled music" has been the excuse for decades.

I'm not saying the world isn't turning into a immoral cesspool of filth. This shit just isn't helping.

Here's some Hip Hop Essencial charts I made.

Any wholesome titles/artists?

The real question is why hasn't the genre evolved since the 90's?

>niggers
>evolve

Oh come on now. This is too easy.

>I cant understand intelligent houston phrases
>"ITS BROKEN ENGLISH, IM NOT A RETARD"

Noname - Telefone

>intelligent
>Houston

Don't make me laugh.

>36 years old
wew m8 my dad had me when he was 33 y/o
what the fuck are you doing here?