Star Trek

>The game... is afoot.

No I'm not.

/weyoun/ general

>its a data acts silly does funny voices episode

And dropped

Vamoose ya little varmint

How do I get my friend into Star Trek?

I have a friend who wants to check out some Star Trek. As someone who has been watching it their entire life (so got exposed to it mostly in the form of reruns during childhood) I wonder if it might be boring for an adult to just start off watching TOS or TNG from their first episodes, might be better to select some good eps from various series. Also I mght an hero if I have to watch Encounter at Farpoint for the 20th time.

Anyway, advice? Input from fans who got into Star Trek as adults?

Depends on your friend. Personally, I think TOS is fantastic, but some people just can't stand it.

Try a classic episode of TOS like enemy within. If he doesn't enjoy that, TOS isn't for him.

Show them what TNG is like by showing them Darmok.

If they like it, go back to Encounter at Farpoint together. Drink large amounts of alcohol in order to survive.

Hard to argue with quads like that. I've got some bad news for you though.

I'M CAPTAIN KIRK!

>Depends on your friend.

True, good point. I get the feeling he will appreciate TOS for its role and influence in the franchise and its historical value from the time period it was written, but maybe not especially enjoy it in an immersive sense.

If you have any other TOS recs I'd like to hear them, if not for him then for me (most of my TOS viewing was as a child, never have watched it with alot of critical attention)

Oh god Darmok

Yeah I will show him that

Kinda want to show him some DS9 as well but that's not quite as detachable from its storyline as the others. Might have to just go with the first eps of that one

What kinda shows does your friend like? What interests him about Star Track?

The Visitor

The Corbomite maneuver is a classic, and Mudd's Women is waifu bait to the max.

I'm looking through season 1 for recommendations, and honestly, I pretty much want to recommend them all.

Try him on the good original cast star trek movies
If he can't even tolerate them, he's got no chance

I think a really good early TNG episode is A Matter of Honor. It gets overlooked quite a lot, but it's an an awesome story and a really fun ride.

He likes Sup Forums and he wants to become more knowledgeable about Sup Forums stuff

He likes complex, dreamy, really makes u tink type productions

I would recommend a noose.

>He likes complex, dreamy, really makes u tink type productions
So not Star Trek at all then.

>He likes complex, dreamy, really makes u tink type productions
Maybe just tell him to watch Refn and hold off on Trek.

>He likes Sup Forums
Recommend suicide. It suites him.

I watched a few episodes of this, it's total garbage and I can't understand how people fall in love with it.

Like go for it and all, I watch some shit tv too, but this is not my flavor of shit.

Hey, some Sup Forums can be quite good.

Interesting blog

No. He's a good lad

Yeah fair enough.

Anyway, thanks for the epside suggestions anons

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

They did nothing wrong.

Marathon Wrath of Khan, Search For Spock, The Voyage Home and The Undiscovered Country (2, 3, 4, 6) as they're the "Kirk arc" and more accessible than the series.

Dax is a cute.

i started DS9 recently and she's a terrible actor
so is everybody else though so it evens out

>René Auberjonois
>Colm Meaney
>Armin Shimerman
>Nana Visitor
>bad actors
The actors are great even if you don't like the characters.

Also you have shit taste, no offense, just saying.

the only one of those that's been good so far is o'brien and he's a carryover from another series

>o'brien
That's a character, not an actor. Learn to tell the difference.

the only character who is well-acted so far is o'brien and he's a carryover from another series

Still wrong, but at least now you're saying it correctly. Have a good night and a happy new year.

he didnt say character
learn to read