Quebecfag here, do you learn french in schools or high schools in the rest of canada?

Quebecfag here, do you learn french in schools or high schools in the rest of canada?

Yes. I learned it from Grade 4 through Grade 11 (it's mandatory up to Grade 9).

FRENCH'D

Yeah, I studied it all of high school and I'm still trying to pick it up

Immersion here; mostly from 1-4, a little less from 5-9. Have been taking it up again as an adult.

Yes, this is why they're so whiny.

Not like I was happy about learning english either. Separation now.

Oh the funniest part is when they go "hurrr why do we learn french when we could learn mandarin or punjabi".

If they can't even learn french, how are they ever gonna learn those two? Leave it to anglos to deny education.

>have been taking it up again as an adult.
At a uni?

I'm thinking of taking french again too.

>Yes, this is why they're so whiny.
Ironic or really just typical Quebec delusion because it is coming from the people who invented the grievance industry in this country. You made it a national industry to complain about everything.

>almost genocides us
>durr why do you complain
nigel please

oh, and don't forget the part where you steal what little culture we have and parade it around like its yours because pretending to be british wasn't enough

i remember a decade ago when most anglos considered fucking poutine to be an abhorrence

today they have a buzzfeed-like obsession with it and claim that they invented it

>immediately start whining about muh genocide and muh cultural appropriation
Honestly pathetic go play your victimhood accordion for somebody else and poutine is literally an abomination for the socialite scum in Toronto to post about on Instagram. Fish and chips not poutine okay god save the queen.

>fish and chips
holy shit lmao

in ontario there are french immersion schools which are increasingly common ( even in GTA and SW ontario) which is full french in all classes from gr1-gr12 and french is mandatory for all schools from grade 4-grade 9 (and optional from grade 10-12).

so many asians they didn't do it k-7
then in grade 8 it's the only language offered
9-11 took a different one

in vancouver white people camp out for days to enroll their kid in french immersion, it's like free private school

where are you located my friend

Hey quebecfag.

If I buy a lake house in Quebec will francophones burn me out?

Thanks

There are immersion programs here in Calgary which my parents put me into from the start. I didnt like French near the end but Im glad Im stuck with it.
Sup Forums meme's aside, its a nice language to learn and I loved going to Quebec City to travel and be able to go around without having to worry about people no understanding me

just learn basic french and then act all mad when rural quebecois dont understand english

*not

this

and make sure to pretend that you're bilingual

I can pimsleur/duo/hon/hon/hon my way around but I'm not bilingual. I'm thinking of all of these cases where the anglo buys that delightful french vinyard only to have his neighbors cut all the vines.

But on the other hand the exchange rate and property tax situation make it such a better bargain than upstate NY. Plus the architecture is far superior and you have the phat walleye.

yeah, I dropped it at grade nine, and took another language for the rest of high school.