Is musicbee better than foobar at this point?

Is musicbee better than foobar at this point?

I mean it's way easier to set up and is actively developed. Half the foobar components are outdated/broken/not working as intended

t. foobar user

>t. autistism speaks

Whatever software plays all formats of audio files is a good player.

Former foobar2k user here, it's true.

>components
what components?
anyways I just push play and use foobar because it allow me to navegated with folder structure, I have too much bands.

I'm too stuck in my ways to switch from foobar.

Yes. Foobar is for people who want to feel smart.

I just have my library as a massive list separated by albums and use the search function.
When you have a huge library visually scrolling is inefficient as fuck.

This desu

is this trash?

see

Not sure what you're talking about. What doesn't work for you? Did you download the new beta version?

I'm pretty damn happy with mine, but I put in some work to it too.

i got foobar but it always looked like shit, probably because i never really spent a lot of time figuring out how i wanted it to look. musicbee looks fine out of the box and didn't run noticeably heavier on my PC.

i'm sure foobar is better if you know exaclty what you want out of your music player / what is should look like, but if you don't really care like me, go with musicbee

>no tabs
>shitty tagging options
yeah it's trash

le wait
how do i make mine look like that? i want to see my bands with pics

It's either soft playlist or Es playlist, you download them on the foobar site. It's not as good as it looks, though. I had to manually add a picture for every artist and make sure they were roughly equal dimensions. Took me months. Also there's really poor navigation on it, but once you figure it out it's pretty cool, just don't expect anyone to come over and be able to figure it out.

The easiest way for me is to right click an artist then add them to a new playlist, like so. If I wanna make a playlist of songs you can click the pictures and browse their tracks one by one..but then there's no back button, which was annoying at first. If I knew how to program I'd add that in.

I mainly just wanted le pictures in my foobar since it supports all file types, cd ripping, and cue tools. I think it really is the best music player because it's so lightweight on top of all that. The good news is that I shouldn't have to ever redo tagging all of my artists and albums with the correct artwork because it binds them to the files.

I just use Winamp

Also check this out, this is my favorite part of it all. I chose a fully 'complete' album I have on here, full tags, lyrics, and everything. I found the highest quality back cover artwork (i try to do this most of the time), and the disc artwork, then I tag the composer credits and everything based on the insert artwork I can find. It's like really owning the album, and having a comprehensive database for it. It's a big pain in the ass though, kind of a hassle. I just wish I could make other fields visible, like the publisher, country, bpm, stuff like that. I'll probably start a thread for this soon so more people can see.

This honestly, I'd switch but I'm too lazy

I have almost 2TB of music and it would take years to assemble all this metadata. kudos on doing it though

Yeah, I wish there was an easier way. I was thinking if someone could write a script that pulls an artists first picture from last.fm and binds it to their files, that could really work. fanart.tv is really good for thumbnails too.

what if your hard drive crash anyday?

There are three things I can't live without:
A waveform seekbar, a logarithmic spectrograph (the big bar in the bottom), and asearch function that gives me all files containing certain combination of characters anywhere in the filename or metadata.
Everything else I can live without.
Is Foobar the only one that has all three?
I don't care how it looks.