AOTYSF

Well, it’s a 9/10 at least.

Other urls found in this thread:

kingdom-leaks.com/index.php?/go/&url=http://filecrypt.cc/Container/8A6DE154B1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ozoTzkCeO-A
youtube.com/watch?v=GKgEmvKidMU
youtube.com/watch?v=6E4rLQxi67s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MEEEE AND MIICHAEEEELLLL

Nah, but seriously, it is good?

What don't you actually listen to it and form your own opinion?

8/10
their best album and a lot better than i expected it to be

Well, i've only listened up to Me and Michael
And it sounds pretty good, but i wanted to know the opinion of the rest.

Lower moments for me include, but are not limited to,
>One Thing Left To Try
>James
And When You're Small and Hand It Over make for a pretty slow and sleepy ending to the record.
Also, I love the musicality of When You Die, but it kinda sticks out like a sore thumb since none of the other songs follow that sort of stripped back acoustic style.

Overall, I'm not sure how I'd rank it. It's probably a 7 or 8. Might go up in time.

Those two are some of the highlits of the album tbqhwy

someone got a link?

Just type in "little dark age torrent" on google...
What, is everybody new to this all the sudden?

kingdom-leaks.com/index.php?/go/&url=http://filecrypt.cc/Container/8A6DE154B1.html

It's 6-7 at best

where did you get the album?

I thought it was still to be released

leak

thanks

i think so too. some singles are good, but i like congratulations as a whole better

On my first listen, got to say, I'm a little disappointed. I'm going to listen to it a little more, but it doesn't hold a candle to their best stuff.

I will say, though, She Works Out Too Much is a GOAT opener

But is it as good as Time to Pretned or Electric feel?

7.5/10 at best. It wasn't much better than s/t.

>tfw when you watch the average rating of a newly released/ leaked album gradually drop as people listen to it outside of the fanbase on rym until it is regarded as just another album that happened that year and not a defining release of the decade
I'm worried that this will happen, 2017 had pretty much nothing of great staying power and it'd be depressing for 2018 to be the same.

This album is essentially the thinking man's Ariel Pink, and I love it.

Greatest album of all time

I feel you man but eh, if somebody personally think it's a 7 it's not biggie, what bothers me is that there will be a load of extremely low ratings due to bias towards mgmt (both while listening to the album or just because of hate)
Like, Congratulations still sits at 3.30, how the fuck

Solid album desu. 8.5 or 9 out of 10. It'll be in my top three of the year for sure.

Loved it, but I hoped we would get more dark synth stuff like Little Dark Age (the track)

good music, ugly cover.

I mean I was hoping for that but after the other two singles I wasn't fixated on it too much, amazing album, just different from what I had expected it to be at the start when they released LDA. Hopefully they will make an album in that tone too eventually

yes

TSLAMP has one of their greatest chorus ever

Give em a decade, people still reviewing their shit are still the same people who reviewed Oracular. Think about it, who is going to give a shit about a review for an album that's almost 20 years old at that point?

:)

King Gizzard

yes

James had close to the same vibe.

oookay

>Are you ready to work out?

I have no idea what people like about this album. I’m a big MGMT fan, I even liked the last album. This is just filled with awfully mixed, awfully mastered boring pop songs that do pretty much nothing interesting for their duration. Songs like Me And Michael just sound like parodies you’d expect on some Netflix animation.

Congratulations is a 9/10. This is like...3? Maybe 4? It has shitty Ariel Pink level production and about 4 good songs.

Its fun!

I like She Works Out Too Much. I’d say that’s “fun”but also catchy and a little weird and all that

But most the album isn’t fun. It’s just...loud, irritating vocals that overwhelm everything.

Andrew

I enjoy it a lot more than the self titled ... it’s really good. I like the 80s vibe and the gay themes don’t really bother me

Solid 8. A couple meh moments

>rating on a 6-10 scale

maybe you should turn down the volume?

My enjoyment I guess. Not floored, but it’s good. It’s about as good as that foxygen album from a few years ago.

will probably never listen to this.
just not interested.

Great insight dude

So why are you even in this thread?
Dumbass.

Virtue is gonna shit all over this album...

>gay themes
what gay themes? i didn't pick up anything on my 2 listens so far

Me and Michael and there’s only one thing left to try is up for interpretation

...that's literally the 4th track

It's a good album but it doesn't hold a candle to Pom Pom or many of his other albums

M&M was originally titled me and my girl but they changed it because that was super generic

I've seen you posting this multiple times but where's the source?

uh

Sup Forums

i'd say it's a solid 7/10, which is very good by mgmt standards

She Works Out Too Much is actually the best song. That and the singles released are the only good songs imo.

ur mum is the only good song m8

I'm about to listen, my expectations are pretty high, all of the singles dropped were excellent. Really hoping it's an enjoyable listen

doooooooooooo iiiiiittttttttttttttt!

It's about as enjoyable as sticking a soldering iron up your ass and plugging it in

OP mfw you said it was a 8/10 even though it was a 5 or 6

>caring about RYM ratings

Didn't ariel pink work with them on this in some way? it really shows if so

back. it was pretty good, first listen 7/10. she works out to much is a fucking banGer

the rest isnt released yet.

just finished it. holy shit if this isn't the most generic 80's throwback of the last few years, and there's no shortage of them

all the flair and varied instrumental pallet from Congratulations is gone in place of an album that sounds like Ariel Pink B-Sides

Any album below 3.80 on RYM is just garbage. I never listened to MGMT but seeing their ratings they are pure trash. Lets wait if this new album keeps above the 3.80 mark, if it stays i would listen to it.

Holy shit. Stay away from RYM, kids. You might become this retarded.

pls b jokin

Best tracks:
One Thing Left To Try
TSLAMP

Worst tracks:
James
Days That Got Away

Not really a fan of MGMT, but it's a solid 7.5 to 8 imo.

It's alright but I was hoping the whole album was going to be much darker like the title track.

I think it’s in the rolling stone interview or another I read it too.
Also it’s Andrew singing on James his voice sounds weird because he blew it out while screaming about Pakistan on too much acid.

it seems to be the only song i really enjoy.

i think its just the vocal delivery, its so boring

Leaked two days ago

Good, no one really cares if you did or not

On James rn.

My favs are:

1- She Works Out Too Much
2- TSLAMP
3- James

Am I the only one that loves days that got away?

Solid 7.5/10

Solid quads

it's either more old people or young people coming to the board. i can't tell

ok guys i'm sorry and not trying to be contrarian but this honestly sounds so bad to me compared to self titled and congratulations am i missing something

Fucking quads confirm so hard, nice!

Nah man - it's a solid and enjoyable listen overall, but has substantially less 'impress' power than the last two albums did.

Don’t try to compare it to their last albums because this one is definitely it’s own thing. It’s more of them having fun on this record which really shows. I think it’s very solid

I SAID STOP FUCKING POSTING IT

7/10 2bh

Waiting for She Works Out Too Much to be released so I can sync it with youtube.com/watch?v=ozoTzkCeO-A and not have it be taken down.

Theyre using similar visuals to this in their live show

>tfw she works out too much

>tfw mgmt stole my out-of-place eccentric newwave revival album opener idea

They should play it live on a late night show and have a troupe of these girls dancing around them

youtube.com/watch?v=GKgEmvKidMU

bewtiful

youtube.com/watch?v=6E4rLQxi67s
I cried at 1:50 no lie