Live action movie series when? If handled properly it could literally be the new Star Wars

Live action movie series when? If handled properly it could literally be the new Star Wars.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PTREJN2NWSo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If Ghost in the Shell does well animekino will come.

GotS isn't animekino though. It's typical Hollywood stealing an IP and then reducing it to the same garbage like everything else.

Who will play char?

Ignore this, i realized who exactly after i posted this. Ryan gosling

It just wouldn't work.

Gundam works as an anime. And a lot of shit in MSG and the UC in general is pretty comical. And I'm not just talking about the vocabulary and character names.

Also in what world do you see Hollywood not fucking it up?

I don't really see what there is in 0079 to fuck up, it's pretty straightforward and gritty stuff. Even Newtypes are a less silly concept than the Force (in 0079 at least, they made it more retarded later obviously).

Gosling is too old, Char is like 20.

Zeta is better than 0079 and probably the best Gundam show period.

Also, Haman is mai waifu.

Deal with it.

Zeta is pretty shit.

>Zeta is better than 0079
Shut the fuck up.

Way too much stuff for a 1hr45m movie

nigger it would obviously be a trilogy. First one ends at the death of Garma and char kicked from the army

>modern Hollywood
>not trying to make a cinematic universe

It'll only be a trilogy if the 1st movie does well.

Gosling could make a pretty decent Char, if they aged up his character I think. Tom Hardy as Ramba Rall.

Scarjo could be Sheen.

Who should direct it?

Refn likes the gundams so maybe him?

Del Toro

The only director that could capture its spirit well is Michael Bay.
Just imagine how good those clunky Gundam models would look reimagined by Bay.

Please fuck off.

Do Ideon instead.

I don't want Gundam to have the same feeling as the Transformers or the new Star Trek or Star Wars, they just seem cold and sterile. Just doesn't suit it all that much.

I'd like to see an original project co-written by Tomino and someone set during the 0079 era of the One Year War but just have the events name dropped to say it is taken place.

>if handled properly
>implying they would ever handle it properly
Sorry OP but there's no way they'd handle it properly. They will make Transformers 2.0 and lots of terrible humor + 'member the 80's?' crap. Also they'd screw up the mobile designs and couldn't condense a long anime series into a single movie.

The sooner Hollywood leaves anime alone the better. I know that won't happen, but hoping the next few attempts flop hard to prove a point. There's no reason to remake something unless it was terrible in the first place and had potential to be better.

Speaking of /m/ovies, is They Call Him Jeeg Robot good?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PTREJN2NWSo

I trust Italy, Spain, Mexico and the Middle East to make giant robot shows great in live action adaptations.