I'm seeing this today. What am I in for?

I'm seeing this today. What am I in for?

it's okay

a movie

Its capeshit with tie fighters

forgetable fun

No idea. I don't watch films intended for children.

What is without a doubt the best Star Wars movie since the OT, and that's coming from someone who ranks TFA below the prequels.

R1 edges out TPM and ROTS and rivals ROTJ in a bunch of places.

Generic war movie with generic forgettable characters and shitty story.

a boring movie with great fanservice.

Manufacturered humor.

Forgettable side characters.

A boring, charismatic-less, buck toothed british slag lead in Felicity Jones

Two fun Vader scenes are the only interesting parts of the movie.

>Manufactured Humor
what in the fuck does you even mean by this

Basically, it's the same deal as the prequels. Boring charisma-free characters that the audience doesn't give two shits about, forced humor that doesn't really work, decent fanservice along with god-tier worldbuilding and visuals and a few really innovative ideas about plot/setting.

That places it roughly equal to if not a little better than I or III, significantly better than II, and so far ahead of VII that it isn't even a contest.

do not compare the worldbuilding of the prequels to this new shit

tfa had no world building and r1 was fucking dogshit. prequels are god tier

Bunnyfu

A divisive movie, I'll be curious to see where you fall.

Eh, R1 did some cool things as far as fleshing out all the imperial infighting in ANH while also exploring how, to even the highest imperial commanders still saw Vader as this sad zealot who spent his time devoted to that ancient religion in his castle on Mustafar (and that they probably thought the same thing about the emperor, too) and are uneasy about the fact that he's basically a glorified goon playing mob enforcer to the emperor's Mafia boss to do Don Sheev's dirty work while keeping the other lesser Dons in line.

Heck, at times it almost felt like Edwards wanted to suggest that Vader/The Emperor saw the Death Star as much more of a threat to their own force-secured supremacy than they would ever let on, since the ability to destroy a planet actually gave Tarkin enough power to have a shot at actually being able to take on Vader/Palps and win.

The shades of grey stuff with the rebels and their various factions was also pretty good.

All in all, it delivered on a lot of what I thought an EU movie could and should be.

zero (0) ewok

Boredom.
I'd honestly rather watch the Jedi Council discuss trade negotiations than 3 hours of people trying to figure out how to destroy the Death Star.

I don't think RO was near as divisive as TFA was.

Why do people hate clone wars more than phantom menace? CW at least had plenty of action, PM was just thoroughly boring and childish

>Rogue One worse than the prequels
>Episode 3 on par with ROTJ

Wrong.

Go back to RLM fucking plebbit

Shit "opinion"

>TFAggot
>calling anyone RLM or reddit

>muh world building

As someone who recently watched the PT even the world building is overrated

the entire OT belongs on god tier, TFA and rogue one on good tier, RotS on meh tier, everything else is shit

Fixed

Honestly if you put a gun to my head and told me to rank the prequels, I couldn't do it. They're all spectacularly awful in their own ways that I can't even say which is the worst and which is the best.

People cite Ep2 as the worst because of the bad dialogue between Anakin and Padme. But it's JUST AS BAD in Ep3. For example:

>Anakin: You are so…beautiful.
>Padme: It’s only because I’m so in love.
>Anakin: No. No, it’s because I’m so in love with you.
>Padme: Then love has blinded you?
>Anakin: [laughs] Well…that’s not exactly what I meant.
>Padme: But it’s probably true.

TPM is also terrible in a plethora of ways, but if there's one thing "positive" about it, it's the fact that it has a mostly self-contained plot that has a beginning and end, unless the horrible narrative structures in 2 and 3. They're all so terrible in their own ways. I can't rank them.

How did you figure out that i'm tfaggot?
Wow you are definitely retarded.

Worse than any of the OT, better than any of the prequels.

Characters are meh, there is a bit too much fanservice (Vader, CGI Leia, 3PO and R2 for no reason) that makes it feel like a fan fiction story, the first half of the movie gives you whiplash with how fast you are jumping planets, planet jumping for no good reason, Forest Whitaker is absolutely wasted.

Good news is that the last half is super fun, the X-Wing pilot chatter is always great, the side locations give spark to the imagination, the side characters give spark to the imagination, and the space Vietnam aesthetic of the rebels in the final fight is neat.

The main lady character while slightly dull is believable. She isn't the overpowered stronk womyn that is frustrating to watch like Rey in 'Force Awakens', she acts within her capabilities in comparison to the other heroes and everybody works as a team. She has identifiable motivation.

Be careful not to choke on your aspirations.

Good Villains.
Nice cinematography.
Too long second act, doesn't go anywhere.
Meh music.
It makes A New Hope better.
Meh as fuck main characters but nice minor characters.
Movie should have been 15 min shorter.
>why the fuck close up Tarkin,
>why the fuck so many close up Tarkin scenes

Epic third act. All worth it for the last 20 min.

How anyone can think Rogue One is a good movie is completely beyond me.

Nobody has any character.
Nobody's character develops.
Action scenes are souless and meaningless.
It cuts off without any ending because the actual ending must happen in ANH.
Pointless and disrespectful CGI Tarkin.

Order of quality is

ESB > SW > ROTJ > > > RO > TFA > > > > > > prequels

3poo and r2 where there cause leia was probably there

I don't think anyone actually thinks it's a good movie. Just that it's better than some of the other shit we've been given.

RO is a bland and inoffensive side story. I don't hate it as much as TFA, although they're both disney nu-wars trash.

Agreed only about C3PO and R2.
How is Vader fan-service when he is crucial to the story and the Empire itself?

Swap prequels and TFA.

They were shown in the rebel base in a very awkwardly inserted scene. It had no bearing on the plot and they weren't even shown to have connection with the Tantive IV.

They were in the movie solely to have them in the movie for an awkward shot.

Kinda like inserting CGI Leia in the movie, so she could say her cringy fanfiction tier closing line. Movie would have been extremely wise to have cut that entirely. Having Jimmy Schmits just saying he was sending it to "her" was enough set up.

hellloooooo RLM

debating over whether to watch assassins creed over starwars

I never watched any starwars shit before but i have played assassins creed

Both are trash, but go with Assassins Creed

>Be careful not to choke on your aspirations.
Another example of a line that a 30 year old comic book nerd would insert in his fan fiction, not something that should be in a professional movie.

And the final fight at the end with him cutting down rebels was entirely gratuitous, for the entire purpose of getting nerds to spit out their popcorn and say "Fucck yeah Vader woooo!"

It makes little sense to have Vader personally there at the end.

His scene at Mordor was written fine, but his costume looked bad. Real bad.

>put RO above TFA
>put TFA significantly further below originals
>RLM

TFA is shit, but nothing tops the prequels. I could write volumes on how bad TFA is, but the prequels are objectively a train wreck. They're each terrible for the exact opposite reasons too, so it's really hard to compare. I get why people say it's worse than the prequels.

Yes they should have been shown when rebel fleet left Yavin.
If to be shown at all, some think they should, cause "they are star wars".

is it worth even starting?

how much do u bench

5>4>6>R1>3=7>2>1
Fight me

*fights you*

*kisses you*
I made a stupid opinion so you would fall into my trap. i love you

YEAH BUT AT-ATS, STAR DESTROYERS N SHIET

GENERIC WAR MOVIE WITH ALL THOSE STARWARS PROPS IS BREDDY GUD

*removes trenchcoat* back the fuck off?!?!

A surprisingly good flick
Some of the retconning is annoying, but easily the best SW flick since the OT and possibly the best since Empire (though still nowhere close, in just saying this because ROTJ was a huge drop off for the OT)

bout tree fiddy

It's a solid movie that's different to the main saga

Everyone here loved it when it came out, now they're done talking about it and all you'll see are the shitposters who want attention