Noise rock thread

I’ve found myself unable to listen to clean, glosses over rock music lately. Like Pink Floyd is pretty much unlistenable to me, while Hendrix sounds prettt amazing. With that in mind, let’s have a noise rock thread. Post messy, lo fi, abrasive albums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EjMwUsM8XoQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Post messy, lo fi, abrasive albums.
You first OP

I know being condescending is kind of Sup Forumss thingbut I kind of just wanted to get some recs and not do a “my taste is better than yours” dick waving contest

Rat at Rat R - Amer$ide

Like if Swans and Sonic Youth had a baby

This is one of my favs
One of the best Flips albums for sure
Transmissions from the satellite heart is nosier though

Start with the superior FLips.

Well played. Good rec right here.

Well you asked for noisy lo-fi and you posted a very overproduced, hi-fi album

It's so fucking good. Did you know that every voice on the record was sung by Blinko? Really impressive in my opinion, I thought they just used samples from movies and stuff like that when I first listened to it.

Listening to this at full volume gave me tinnitus for the rest of the night

it really bugs me how often this album gets posted because anybody that knows anything about les rallizes knows that's actually among their weakest albums, i literally have no idea how or why it's their most famous one.

take care of yourself user

This will defeat you

I'll admit that it's the only one of theirs I've listened to, that and a few recordings on youtube. Haven't really gotten around to listening to more of their releases because of their tinnitus thing.

I do, I'm super careful about my hearing because I know someone with tinnitus and therefore know how much it sucks. I knew that LRD were loud, but I still didn't expect the volume to have such an impact on my hearing.

This album is like a really, really fucked up version of Butthole Surfers (which is another band OP would probably like). This and their first album are way too weird for me though, I like the releases in this thread that I've heard but this one really sounds just like bullshit to me.

If you want pure abrasive cacophony

I thought I had gotten past the point of being challenged by noise until I heard Boredoms. One of the greatest things I've ever heard honestly, but ironically I dont like butthole surfers

I'm still not sure how I feel about this one, there are some really good moments on it, but other ones just leave me confused.
Reading that they were influenced by hard rock and blues and paying more attention to the guitar playing made me appreciate it way more though. I recently listened to a blues album for the first time (it was a Robert Johnson compilation) and some parts of the playing reminded me of that of Hagerty.

Yeah, that's also how I felt when I first listened to the album you posted.
As for Butthole Surfers, people often praise Locust Abortion Technician, but I didn't like that one. I like the guitar playing on their releases before that one, the riffs on some of the songs (Negro Observer and Butthole Surfer come to mind) sound really pretty while still retaining the noisy aspect.

Bob Mould's guitar playing is just the most pissed off sound one can gain out of the instrument, especially the B side of this album is just merciless.

Make a recommendation or get out

youtube.com/watch?v=EjMwUsM8XoQ