I just don't get it

I just don't get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t0dJqlvOSq4
fidelcasserole.bandcamp.com/album/passengers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I get it I just don’t like it that much.

If the rest of the album was as good as the opening and closing tracks, it'd be a 10/10.

Ya dont have to

Maybe that's my problem. Sounds like pop music drowned in an annoying amount of reverb. I can't even finish it because it's just boring drony crap and extremely high-pitched guitars. It's actually fatiguing to listen to.

Plebs, the lot of you.

I like Loomer. That's about it.

Are you guys even old enough to Sup Forums

>pop music drowned in an annoying amount of reverb
That's what it is. Personally it's a 10/10 but I can understand not liking it.

There is nothing to get. It's repetitive pop music with a lot of tremolo and guitar effects and shit. Once you get beyond the unusual sound there's nothing interesting on there, mechanical drumming and drum machines, generally apathetic playing and structure so simple and static it makes Beatles sound like a Bach fugue. The last track is fun imo but that's it more or less.

this is what most people think when they first hear it. come back to it in a few years. i used to feel the same way and about 8 years later its my favorite album ever.

play it louder

Loomer is like one of the worst tracks, though.

I don't understand why people say it's so sad and depressing. It sounds really upbeat and poppy, which to me is really annoying. Plus all the lyrics are about having sex and relationships even though it's called "Loveless"

>having sex and relationships even though it's called "Loveless"
you can have both of those things without having love

Anyway, Sometimes is the best song
youtube.com/watch?v=t0dJqlvOSq4

Soon*

fidelcasserole.bandcamp.com/album/passengers

pleb

>happy music is annoying
>I think the lyrics are relevant at all
kek

Hello everyone great to see you all again in the daily "user Doesn't Get Loveless" thread

Have you tried...
Listening to it louder???
Listening to it with headphones???
Listening to it while stoned??
Considering maybe it's just not for y- oh wait

Well, there we go. It's just not for you. Goodbye everyone, I'll see you all tomorrow.

If you don't get the chills while listening to "when you sleep" you're literally loveless.

DUDE
WEED

Bingo. I hated it when I came to Sup Forums 10 years ago. Today, one of the greatest things I've ever heard.

>Sounds like pop music drowned in an annoying amount of reverb
that's slowdive. mbv sounds way more compressed and claustrophobic imo. (not in a bad way)

When You Sleep
Soon
What You Want
Sometimes
Only Shallow

thats the top 5

>Plus all the lyrics

this is so edgy

>boring drony crap and extremely high-pitched guitars
Then it doesn't sound like pop does it?

OP is a pleb

OP listen to slowdive if you want to get into shoegaze. Loveless is a little overrated

I didn't think Loveless was that good until 4 years after I first listened to it, now I'd consider it one of the best albums ever made. Almost every song is beyond incredible imo, but I understand peoples' tastes differ. I'm just glad I didn't dismiss it early on.

Yup, this is why you never dismiss/delete music. Tastes evolve a lot as you age.

There's nothing to get. Simply a bad album. It's not complex to "get" at all, contrary to what whining fanboys will have you believe.

There's nothing to get because it's shit.

plebs: filtered

When You Sleep is the best song on the album, I don't know why Sup Forums always calls it the worst

wow really interesting arguments, I'm really reconsidering my opinion on Loveless right now
fuck you, you mindless faggots. You listen to music without thinking about it at all, you are never able to articulate what you actually like or dislike, what's good or bad. You just let music pass by as if you were zombies, and whatever sticks with you sticks. You are the real reason why Sup Forums is shit. kpop is nothing compared to you and your cancerous listening habits

Why don't you listen to a good album though?

>if you care about music and expect arguments beyond "I like it", you're le fedora maymay
Kill yourself right now.

>tfw he probably has more friends and enjoys life more that me

That girl seemed into it though? Not sure why you posted that.

>reverb
it's barely even reverb. it's feedback and distortion and delay

I see Loveless as one of those rare albums where the sound works perfectly with the lyrics to advance a theme. It sounds so vague and soft yet also overpowering, which to me is much like the feeling of being in love. And the way the lyrics fade in and out of comprehensibility gives the sensation of unfulfilled desire, of grasping for something that is just out of reach.

That's what this album means to me, anyway.

that's funny because it makes my peepee hard, which is why i like it

Because that's the most accessible song. It's good as a single but in the context of the album it's a weak song.

I don't like it because it's boring droning guitars over shitty vocals creating some of the most vapid music I've heard. The album is for people who want to find merit in the meritless so they can pretend to be deep and feel better about themselves.

Listen to it while on opiates.

JonTron has really let himself go

>seemed into it
>whole room of people watching
>being videotaped

Kids that age are terrible at hiding their emotions. She seemed generally excited that that sort of thing was happening to her.

You think Fedoralord got into those jeans? I hope so

Trips of wisdom

Until someone can prove otherwise, that's what happened.

>Because that's the most accessible song
I don't get why people think this is a bad thing

Oh, so even more annoying.

Best song is Sometimes or Soon

It does. With boring drony, high-pitched guitars sloppily laid on top, yes.

Literally just give it time. I didn't get it at all the first like 8 listens, but i'd keep listening to it just for the first track. After a while every song clicks and it becomes the best shit youve ever heard.

>Sounds like pop music drowned in an annoying amount of reverb
Dumb earlet

wow this guy knows bach he must be a real music patrician
delete loveless from your library everyone this guy must be right

reverb was barely used on this album............

>When you sleep is the best song on the album
No it isn't, Sometimes is.

Maybe if you're a pleb. Sometimes is probably the weakest.

See

>annoying
The most pleb-tier criticism possible.

You're the weakest, I'll fucking destroy you.

are you mad bro

The song that made the album click for me was To Here Knows When---I feel like once you get that track you get the whole thing. I like to listen to it really loud and feel like I'm floating through the textures of the track, is the best way I can describe it.

Catchier tracks like Only Shallow and Sometimes are red herring imo, To Here Knows When exemplifies that aspect of the music which makes the album truly special.