When I was younger I thought Croatia was an African country because Croatia sounded like an African country

When I was younger I thought Croatia was an African country because Croatia sounded like an African country
What are some weird geographical misinformation you had when you were young

I thought Germany and Russia were basically the same country.

I RECOGNIZE THAT ANIME HOLY FUCK THE 14 YEAR OLD CRINGE IS RETURNING FUUUUUUUUUCK

Understandable
Both are equally evil

Wut?
I thought she is cosplaying that game nekopara or some shit where everyone is video game console

I had autism from an early age, around the age of 5 I asked my sister to read me the atlas. Because of that I had no false geographical knowledge
By the age of 7 I could recognise all European, South American and most Asian countries by their flags

I thought south america was Italy because it looked like a boot

I fell for the "Israel are the bad guys" meme

Un sure if shitposting

when i was child i thought greeks are most civilized people in the world

I still dunno what the fuck the USSR was.

for a little while I couldn't tell apart South America and Africa
>burger education
i know

to be fair there isn't that much difference in quality of life between them

I never knew that Europe was so small

Same now I think about it

> austria is australia
> serbia is siberia
> isreal has existed for thousands of years
> iraq is england
> england and france are filled with white people
> all old worlders live in towns and villages and have no cities
> prussia is russia
> germany has existed along as france and england

Until this year, I didn't know about Surimane's existence.

I was convinced that the Dutch actually re-use toilet paper by hanging it to dry on racks.

When I was a kid I thought the Maghreb was still a colony and that's why there was so many of them here

I thought that Hawaii was a part of Kenya

Same here, I was the only guy in school around age 8 that knew a fuckload of countries and their capital from the top of my head. I had an atlas and a globe I've got as a present for my first communion.

Now I am older and I have a 4 year old nephew that is not only my spitting image but knows a fuckload of Latin animal names. Autism goes in the family it seems.

What anime?

why of course

same here btw, I was only 12 and knew a lot about Greek mythology, back then I longed to travel there because I thought Greece would still be like ancient Greece.

I have an autist childhood friend who traveled to Greece around age 17 for exactly that reason, Byronesque infatuation with Greekness, and he came back dissappointed and told me they're all Turks now. But then he added, I went to Athens, I shoudl have visited the islands in the Aegean Sea, there's where you'll find real Greeks.

True story.

They still are on an emotional level

rosario + vampire

I feel it too.

I thought Marokko was in asia

When I was really young I thought that Europe was it's own continent, like surrounded by ocean and shit. I have no idea why I thought that.

Neptunia series.

As a kid I thought Hawaii was its own country. Though it is one of the "oh yea THAT one" of United States.

I just had a map in my room and when we were bored with my friends would just read and do map quizes.
Yes I didn't have a computer when I was a kid.

Fuck you I am Greek.

>I didn't have a computer when I was a kid.
Lol, when you were born? In the 90s?

i always confused sweden and switzerland. even in turkish the names are so similar i still confused them,

sweden = isveç
switzerland = isviçre

they are too god damn close to eachother so i confuse which one is north and switch one is the german one one.

1990 My father bought his first PC in 1995 I think but It was Win 3.11 machine and since I was too young to figure out you can play games and my pops didn't bother with it. He somestimes launched Paint for me as a distraction.
Then he bought a Windows 98 machine and the first game I had was Claw (great shit, love playing it to this day, hard as fuck)

HOLY SHIT, I PLAYED THIS GAME TOO LUL
gave me nightmares as a kid lmao

I was taking the piss, m8.
t. fellow oldfag

had a great dub in polish too.

Sydney being in the US

Poland being an insult for foreigners, it translates to "Asscountry" in German.

I thought niggers were human.

I know that feel
its rozario to vampire or something right?

see

I thought that all of Eastern Europe was in a constant state of open ethnic conflict.

I was born in 1994 and stock footage of the yugoslav wars playing on tv were some of my earliest memories.

I used to think Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Poland and the British Isles made up Europe and everything else was barbarian breeding grounds.

Aha
I never saw that, always seemed shit.

I thought Budapest was in Asia because it sounds Asian.

:)

I thought the USA was a highly civilised nation full of wonderful white folk.

>Colombia was in Southern Europe
>Iran and Iraq were basically the same
>Dagestan was somewhere in Central or South Asia and the people there wore Vietnamese-like hats
>Kosovo was somewhere in Russia

i thought Haiti was in Africa.

Everyone in Italy was from mafia
French were disgusting smelly people
Australia was in the middle of europe

I thought Britain was a European country.

Glad we aren't.

I thought Belgium was France 2. Didn't no they had so many D*tch people

I thought Iceland was mostly asian like Greenland because of björk

I always wanted to go to Austr(i)aya to see some kangaroos when I was 5-9 yo.

I mistook Poland and Portugal for each other for a school assignment when I was young and put Lisbon as Poland's capital.

I thought that South Africa was situated at the top of the planet because everything was upright and the rest of you fags were living your unfortunate lives upside down

That Europe was a country and Portugal was just an state inside it, until I was around 10. It didn't help that most school book maps here highlight states from brazil and usa on world maps.

I was aghast when I found out that Greenland was part of Denmak

My father had international transport spedition, he had map of Europe in his office. Russia 'ended' on Ural.
When I was like 6 or 7 I had massive mindfuck when I realized that Russia is bigger than I thought.

I was really confused as a kid when people mentioned Austria and I kept wondering why people were pronouncing Australia wrong.

I was really confused as a kid when people mentioned Austria and I kept wondering why people were pronouncing Germany wrong.

Said the English.

When I was younger I thought curry was Japanese food as I heard that word only in Shin Chan and some other Japanese cartoons. I am a North Indian and curry are South Indian thing so I had never heard about it outside of Japanese shows.

>> england and france are filled with white people

i thought tsunami was an asian country

-Rio de Janeiro is the capital of Brazil.
-Sydney is the capital of Australia.
-Didn't know the difference between UK and England. I thought they were the same.

I thought poland was almost at the north pole

I thought South America was completely isolated from the rest of the world. We never heard much about them, it was far away from all the other countries and I did not know any South Americans.

I never had a serious geographical misinformation when I was young.

Mostly, because I loved maps since the first time I saw one (I was like 4) and always looked at them. My parent had an old encyclopedya full of maps.

I wasn't born an autist but I became one at a young age.

I feel embarrassed that I watched it

this.

i also thought hungary and mongolia were nearby because in the AOE2 genghis khan campaign the narrator says something to the effect of them being cousins (though he was talking about their horses i think)

when I was seven or so years old in 1997 I was smugly proud of myself learning to spell Czechoslovakia, in school

my smile faded when my teacher told me that it no longer existed

who is that girl will she be my gf

you still did a good job, user

I thought Denmark was in the clouds

>girl

That's a painful feel

>tfw you'll never play Red Alert with your dad while he explains military tactics and talks about Vietnam with you ever again
Even better