Daily reminder that this 70 year old chainsmoker will die any day

Daily reminder that this 70 year old chainsmoker will die any day

Daily reminder for the last decade he has sat in his basement making electronic music because it's so fucking impossible to get movies financed

Daily reminder when he dies retarded celebs and hipsters will send condolence tweets

Daily reminder when his faces pops up during the end of the year Oscar death montage Hollywood execs will clap respectfully

Daily reminder when Lynch dies the people that refused to give him a million dollars to make a movie will say shit like, "America lost one of its most original talents today!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ilPRXtkfZXw
youtube.com/watch?v=fyr8w6qKK6A
youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a king, fuck hollyweed

ITS NOT

FUCKING

FAIR

Who the fuck cares what some faggot celebrities say

well, lets see

if you want people to work with you you have to be a nice person and the product you make has to be something that makes atleast a bit of money, exactly the opposite of what david lynch is, i think OP is overestimating david lynch as a person and filmmaker

youtube.com/watch?v=ilPRXtkfZXw

>the first time you see a genius mind clearly deteriorating

Daily reminder that he is to senile to make anything worthvile anymoore.

Twin Peaks season 3 is bring him back

Is Lynch an asshole IRL? I've never heard that

he will be ok

>“It’s a very depressing picture. With alternative cinema – any sort of cinema that isn’t mainstream – you’re fresh out of luck in terms of getting theater space and having people come to see it.

>“Even if I had a big idea, the world is different now. Unfortunately, my ideas are not what you’d call commercial, and money really drives the boat these days. So I don’t know what my future is. I don’t have a clue what I’m going to be able to do in the world of cinema.”

lynch is an absolute goat, anyone that disagrees needs to stick to capeshit and /shitshow/ generals

imagine a /twinpeaks/ general when this shit was still airing HO LY FU CK

IS HIS ELECTRONIC MUSIC GOOD?

BETTER NOT BE SHITHOUSE BROSTEP

>H-HERE COMES THE DROP

He makes synthpop. If you've ever seen a DL movie or hear done of his soundtracks it's very similar in style / atmosphere

David definitely posts here if he isn't doing anything all day but Transcendental Meditation (TM) and making bleep bloop music on his casio

IT'S BRETTY GUD
SOME OF IT IS ROCK, LIKE THE KIND YOU MIGHT HEAR IN ONE OF HIS MOVIES
THERE'S ALSO STUFF LIKE POLISH NIGHT MUSIC, WHICH IS ALSO LIKE SOMETHING YOU MIGHT HEAR IN ONE OF HIS MOVIES (IN FACT I THINK IT WAS IN INLAND EMPIRE).

He should pick up that Sony handheld and make his own movie. Play all the characters, make all the music, do all of it.

>Lynch is literally one of the greatest living filmmakers
>People won't fund his films
Ironic huh?

I recall Orson Welles had a similar complaint. That studio heads, moguls and millionaires would invite him out for dinners and give him unabashed praise for being a genius and shit, but wouldn't help finance any of his projects.

No it is not. Movies funded was not made by visionary directors but by excel spreadsheets. That's why you have transformers movies and star wars movies. That why you have marvel capeshit. Mild but calculated success and mediocre film is better deal than cult classic that will flop.

Lynch is a nice person, never heard anything to the contrary.

Don't know who he is but his hair looks like a fucking eraser.

PERHAPS YOU COULD SAY, HE HAS AN ERASER LOOKING HEAD

You could say he has an Eraserhead

Are you guys fucking stupid? Lynch has called out Hollywood for what it is. Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire both expose the Kabbalistic rituals embedded in film, the black magicians producing the films, and the stars who turn up dead.

Now, desu, it would be really fucking dumb to expect the Hollywood jews to just start forking over millions to Lynch. "Sure ol' buddy ol' pal! Make another, on us! Oh your next movie is going to be about Jewish ritual magic and you're going to show a Moyel sucking the blood out of a Jewish baby's dick? Good luck with the MPAA board! We'll still release it DTV as unrated if we have to!"

A director on a major motion picture is a manager/executive as much as or more so than a creative visionary. Most people in their 70s-80s just don't have the energy, or people think they don't have the energy, to run a major enterprise like that. It's the same reason you see few CEOs at that age. Of course there are a few exceptions--Ridley Scott and Clint Eastwood come to mind.

anytime he's on set he looks like hes being an asshole. he also often talks over people

however, i love the man and what he does

HOLLIS BROWN
HE LIVED ON THE OUTSIDE OF TOWN

it would've been like /L O S T/ times 2!

>Daily reminder when he dies retarded celebs and hipsters will send condolence tweets

I'm dreading this more than anything, the same thing happened with Bowie, people always considered him too experimental or just out right weird to like but when he died suddenly everyone was a massive fan of his.

Lynch will probably die sometime during the airing of the Twin Peaks reboot.

>Are you guys fucking stupid? Lynch has called out Hollywood for what it is. Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire both expose the Kabbalistic rituals embedded in film, the black magicians producing the films, and the stars who turn up dead.

Please elaborate.

Didn't he rape his daughter and kill his former best friend? How can anyone support him after knowing that?

>because it's so fucking impossible to get movies financed

no one is going to give money to a guy only able to film SHIT
He only had one good moviue in his entire life and it got a comfy series already

Have you even watched Mulholland Dr without falling asleep?

nigga he made mulholland drive

Daily reminder that ALL of his movies are overrated shit that pseudo-intellectuals try to trumpet as the pinnacle of movie making.

Daily reminder that when he dies, only people with an inflated ego and little to no talent will care.

People like Seth Macfarlane.

Dune isn't pseudo-intellectual, but it is pure kino.

Oh, so I guess what you're claiming is obvious then and doesn't need to be elaborated upon? Huh.

>le kino meme

You're not welcome in this thread. There are 50,000 other Sup Forums shitting grounds for you.

>this 70 year old chainsmoker
Because people who don't smoke are fucking immortals according to Americans.

Literally everything about Dune is a case of the director choosing bullshit, pointless esoteric nonsense over telling a straightforward story.

>magically NOT pseudo-intellectual, according to one autist on Sup Forums

You people are so fucking stupid that it's becoming quite literally, physically painful to endure.

Lynch's approach to filmmaking is undeniably unique and original. It's not the pinnacle of filmmaking, but it's definitely novel and interesting in it's own right.

If you can pick up on those themes while watching Mulholland Dr you either watched the wrong movie or should be engaging with film as a medium.

Are you fucking retarded?

I've never heard Lynch complain about Hollywood being the reason he doesn't make movies often anymore.

He could easily finance his own film, or find someone else to help. It's fucking David Lynch. I'm pretty sure he did that with Inland Empire. From what I've heard from him since 2007 or whatever, he's just not interested in film as much as he is in painting and making music these days

So far you haven't really proven your point so why should it be taken seriously?

Anyone read Lynch on Lynch? It's just a 300 page interview that talks about his whole career. It's amazing. I fucking love David.

If you haven't taken the hint yet, 'elaborate' would include you giving examples that show kabbalism as a definite influence in the films you've claimed it to be in.

The same thing will happen to John Waters. He'll get an outpouring of praise from all the people who have refused to give him funding for the past decade.

youtube.com/watch?v=fyr8w6qKK6A

Eraserhead is GOAT

t. butthurt midget

true but not entirely. every big studio has its "house auteur" as i like to call it, an artsy director with mass appeal whose movies they keep financing unconditionally without expecting them to break even, so that they can keep telling themselves that they still care about cinema as an art form.
Weinstein has Tarantino, Warner Bros. have Clint Eastwood, Paramount has Scorsese and Sony had Woody Allen and David Fincher.
There is hipe though. Streaming companies like Netflix and Amazon are becoming the missing link between Arthouse cinema and mass distribution. Woody Allen moved to Amazon recently, they'll finance his next few films.
Amazon also made distribution deals with Nicolas Winding Refn and Jim Jarmusch to release their newest films, The Neon Demon and Paterson. Netflix did the same with Cary Fukunaga and "Beasts of No Nation".
It looks like the streaming giants will fill the void left by the big studios and step in to produce films for an audience who still cares about cinema as an art form.

*hope

Aw man please not Waters

Transcendental meditation and quinoa will keep him going for a few more years at least.
Also, we will be getting somewhere from 9-18 hours of new Lynch content this year, so shut the fuck up

if trips, lynch will be lynched this year.

David Lynch will live another 10 years
If he was going to get cancer, he would have got it years ago.

Yes I am retarded and you are intelligent

youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U

Based Lynch

gonna have to order a reroll

Other things people will most likely say:

>"Winter Has Truly Come This Year"

>"He Is With The Force Now"

>"LOL FUCK 2017 XD"

>"This Is Like An Arrow To The Knee"

>"The White City Hath Fallen"

>"The Cake Is A Lie THIS Day, Good Sirs"

>"And Now His Watch Has Ended"

>"Truly A Visionary. He Inspired My Entire Life"

>"I Can't Remember The Last Time I Felt So Destroyed. Probably The Red Wedding"

>"Here are 10 Reasons Why You Should Mourn David Lynch"

>"We Will Never See His Like Again"

>"Some Days, I Can't Handle It, But Then I Remember The Words Of Gandalf: "So Are All Those Who See Such Things." Gandalf Was A Gentlemanly Scholar On Matters Of The Soul, Good Sirs"

>"The White Ravens Hath Departed Oldtown This Day, Gentlelads"

>"So Sad I Might Commit Suicide Guise. BTW I'm 12 Who's David Lynch? XD"

>"Truly A Blow for Right-Minded Progressives"

>"Always Remember The Wise Words Of Yoda"

>"David Lynch Was A Hero And A Fighter For Justice And Peace. We Are ALL David Lynch Today."

This is what happens when an entire generation's culture is based off of shitty video games, tirelessly beating the works of Tolkien to death, memeshit like GRRM, and being raised to accept tabloid-tier clicknews and listicle trash as viable for consumption.

what is kek trying to tell us?

He could easily finance his movies, it's not about the money though. People just don't care about the kind of film he does anymore, its niche has been filmed by either more experimental or more conventional film. experimental films are shown in art galleries now, and only films appealing to the masses have any kind of success.

auteur cinema is dead

Tarantino, Scorcese and Fincher is artsy? Wtf are talking about?

That Lynch has extended his life by harnessing the power of the dream world through transcendental meditation.

>its niche has been filmed
>filmed
meant filled, lmao

Also angling for internet points.

Why doesn't Hollywood give him money and finance him so he can make more movies?

If people like Refn can, why can't Lynch?

singles and lynch will live a happy 2017

trips and he'll suffer a lynchian-like bizzare fate that is beyond words in its indescribable horror.

He already shoot a whole season of Twin Peaks, give him a rest for Christ sake.

>trips and he'll suffer a lynchian-like bizzare fate that is beyond words in its indescribable horror.
So basically the plot of the Goosebumps movie starring Jack Black?

>tfw they try to retcon his dunekino with a shitty remake

the true fans appreciate it, and Frank Herbert himself liked it. Only normies who never read the book can't appreciate Dune. It's like a supplement for the book rather than a replacement.

>mfw he directed every single episode
I have no idea how he managed to do that. I mean, I've been directed a short film from a course I did but damn directing like 20 40 minute episodes... that's a lot of work and I respect him doing that.

idk why people think remakes imply the original is retconned. It isn't.

The Thing (1951) is still much very alive (even if no one remembers it).

btw, I never was much a fan of Lynch's Dune but upon re-watching it, I have come to enjoy it more. I think the main problem I had with it is how much it leaves out from the book and how the first hour of the movie has perfect pacing and everything but then the last hour is so rushed.

Dune should never be a 2 hour movie. It needs to be a tv show or at least 4 hours in length.

Lynch didn't do such a bad job but I absolutely hate Hollywood deciding to try and make another 2 hour movie out of it.

I can tell you that the Hollywood execs are not book readers and so they think "OH IF ONE HARRY POTTER HAD A 500 PAGE BOOK THEN IT IS EASY TO DO THE SAME FOR DUNE IN A 2 HOUR MOVIE" but no it is not.

btw one of the strongest things about Lynch's Dune was the casting choices. I loved all the actors in it.

This guy gets it. The purpose of lynch's dune is to get kino imagery to supplement your reading experience after the fact.

you can hate them if you want, but all of them did films that had a huge cultural impact and are still talked about to this day. so they can at least be considered as directors whose films are more artful than your averag hollywood schlock...
but why am i talking about this to a fucking retard? it's ok user, guardians of the galaxy 2 is only a few months away then you'll have your next dose of capeshit so you can calm down...
the fucking plebs on this board, it's unbelievable...

>Daily reminder for the last decade he has sat in his basement making electronic music because it's so fucking impossible to get movies financed

I'm calling bullshit on this. Unless his budget demands are ridiculous theres no way he cant secure $10 mil from amazon or netflix for an original Lynch

As a fan of the movie, how do you rate the 3 hour made for tv cut?

I am aware Lynch hated it and took his name off the directing title.

>how the first hour of the movie has perfect pacing and everything but then the last hour is so rushed.

It was longer and more fleshed out but got butchered by the higherups who just wanted it to be a star wars cash-grab (ironic, considering so much of star wars is heavily borrowed from dune)

DUDE

SURREALISM LMAO

Did you even know that word "artsy" have a negative context?

Lynch filmed a Duran Duran concert with his own special effects.

He has not been sitting in his basement for a decade just making electronic music.

Hell he has also been writing the entire 3rd season of Twin Peaks which he is directing every episode of.

I hate when people think certain directors are lazy because they don't keep up to date with their IMDB pages.

I'd love to see Lynch film and direct another live band. Who should it be?

Rammstein may be cool (considering he used them in his Lost Highway movie).

>It was longer and more fleshed out but got butchered by the higherups who just wanted it to be a star wars cash-grab (ironic, considering so much of star wars is heavily borrowed from dune)
Same thing happened with Suicide Squad.

>A lot longer first cut
>Much darker
>No pop songs
>Batman V Superman is hated by all critics
>WB demand reshoots and re-edits
>They decide to base it off Guardians of the Galaxy because that did very well

Kaney West

For fuck sake no way user

Why not? Kanye literally is a Lynch of hip hop

this

would be absolute kino

I could see Nine Inch Nails, since he's worked with Trent Reznor before more than once and he's apparently in Twin Peaks s3.

I love Kanye but you're a dumbass

Even better: One Direction

>Chris Nolan chose a One Direction singer for a lead role in his WW2 movie
>Surrealist film director chooses to direct a One Direction concert, filming a short film with Harry Styles and blending the footage into the country
Would it be the ultimate poetry kino?

>brutal sadistic themes shown over love pop songs with some nu metal remixes of the songs
I'd watch that for sure

>into the country
the movie* I meant.

Fuck translator shits

>70 years old
>better hairline than me

Fuck this I'm getting a transplant.

Didn't Trent Reznor also write some of the music for the DOOM movie?

I think he did that end song "Don't you fucking know what you are."

mel brooks funded the elephant man