I know we are all sick of this, but after last night can we all agree MMA has been proven to be a fake sport...

I know we are all sick of this, but after last night can we all agree MMA has been proven to be a fake sport, mixed martial artists are fake WWE tier athletes, and UFC/MMA threads should hence forth only be allowed on /asp/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IKs1CwrXh8M&t=3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Try harder, /asp/ie

The man held his own out of his element. Respect for that.

No he didn't.

It would be the same thing if Floyd went to UFC. Why are people treating this like a championship bout?

But it's been known for a long time that MMA is shit. They have abysmal striking and so-so wrestling. If you did just boxing and wrestling, or really, any striking and grappling art instead of MMA, you'd be better off. Much better.

>It would be the same thing if Floyd went to UFC.
I'm not too sure about that. Pure boxers do very well in MMA as soon as they have some takedown defense. Unfortunately, some grappling is obigatory because of the ruleset in MMA.

lel even though in May vs. McG it was the Homer Simpson strategy that won the fight

Floyd won't have the referee cutting them off though.

>agree to a boxing match
>agree to boxing rules
>talk shit for months claiming you're going to win
>get BTFO
>"b-but i could beat him at UFC!"

Really makes you think

B-but real fights is the only important thing here!

There will always be better boxers, grapplers, and kickboxers in their respective sports, than their are in MMA.

conor needed a lot more time on cardio, and keeping his fucking hands up.

/thread
/topic

Also its not the same situation. You would need a boxer in his prime like canelo going against a retired MMA dude known for his striking.

Which pure boxers? James Toney?
Maybe in Women's MMA

That said the reason Bisping is champ right now is because he started working with a real boxing coach for a few years and finally got good at it to pop Rockhold.

And then he got fucked up by senior citizen and hasn't fought since. Bispings a coward.

Didn't McGregor do better against Mayweather than Pacquiao and some others did?

The best professional boxer is not necessarily the best MMA boxer.

Roger Gracie is the GOAT BJJ fighter. He was so-so in MMA. Fabricio Werdum went on to become an UFC Champion.

If you take Kickboxing, Semmy Schilt is the K1 GOAT. He was not as great in MMA as CroCop.

>Didn't McGregor do better against Mayweather than Pacquiao and some others did?
Only because mayweather left himself open because he knew he didn't have anything to worry about. If he had fought like that against Pacquiao, he would have lost.

congrats. this is one of the most retarded ops i've seen this month

Thai Boxing > Boxing > Pupperb Owl > WWE > MMGAy

>Pure boxers do great in MMA!

>once they learn how to grapple!

Dumbass

Honestly Canelo could heem anyone in his weight class in MMA, let alone someone that's retired.

>do better
>get TKO'd

Lmao

yes, these autistic hugfags should get the fuck out of here and shit up /asp/ even further

Sure thing buddy

>Real fights
>Not allowed to hit the balls, to bite, to break joints...
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Floyd bent over for the superior fighter! What a little twerp.

How is this shit allowed?

McGregor is Mayweather's first actual TKO and legitimate win in years.

>MMA fights last 25 minutes max
>Boxer goes into a shell to drag out the match
>MMA fighter collapses in 9th round
And people spent $100 on this Jst to witness that mma fighters don't have the endurance of boxers, especially this boxer.

I like both sports but this was a sham from the jump. It should have been 8 rounds.

>Didn't McGregor do better against Mayweather than Pacquiao and some others did?

Yes.

But Mayweather didn't fight like that against Pacquiao.

Props to McGregor for landing more than Pac still.

This

MMA is where fighters go who cant be champions in other main stream sports that pay more.

Its just a place fighters end up.

>Better
No, he landed more punches, but none of them did any damage. He landed more because Floyd played aggressive and let him punch himself out, not to mention he's a decade younger than Pac

MMA fighters are pieces of shit who think jumping people on the street for a fight is cool.

They're mainly little shits who can't handle their alcohol. MMA contributes nothing original to fight sports.

youtube.com/watch?v=IKs1CwrXh8M&t=3s ^

To say that we'd first have to see McGregor vs Mayweather in an MMA fight.

Why? MMA is for faggots.

>the greatest American kickboxer of his generation couldn't become a champ in the UFC on two attempts
>a UFC guy just submitted a world champion grappler in a grappling match
Really makes me think.

This fight was about money. Conor's rich because of it, he never has to do a day's work for the rest of his life, while Floyd gets both the fight money and his no-risk 50-0. All the hype was for no other reason than to have them both, with their teams of course, cash in on their idiot audiences.

Nice rebuttal, Badou Jack

wow, different sports with differenr rules lead to different specializations. if only there was some word for this kind of natural selection of skills.

they both suck, boxing is judged, therefore out. on par with gymnastics and ice dancing.

The circus provided me a standard for reference for measuring the caliber of athlete boxing cultivates. Being a novice, I had know idea boxers were so much more refined by only viewing the two separately. I'm exclusive to the sweet science now.

Feeling the adoration for the sport that I feel just as an onlooker. How bad must it feel for Conor, to go from standing on a raised platform engaging in a sport of intelligence and nuance to being back in his fenced hole like an animal, engaged in his ever more diluted patchwork discipline.

mma will always be respected as it is closer to a real fight

>mma
>respected

Conor proved he was the second greatest boxer of all time. I can respect that.

Most reasonable people can, McGregor had the balls to try something they never could, he went in there with boxing's GOAT and won 8 rounds decisively before the ref stopped him. I'd say he's earned everyone's respect.

Hell yes to all of it. /heem/ belongs on .

replace Moe's face with the ref