With that horrible beat nobody wins.

Never Change > Heart of the City > the rest

Yes

It's honestly amazing.

Heart of the City is Jays best song by far

>Worst beat on the album
>Any beat produced by Eminem

>"Amazing"
How low are your beat-standards? Be honest.

Never could get into Jay-Z's work.
don't like his flow and his lyrics are shallow.
He's also got fat nigger lips.

Have you listened to any of his actual albums? Most people I know who don’t like Jay have only really heard his guest features

reasonable doubt is all you need to get in to, it's his only good album.

As long as we agree Takeover>>>>Ether

youtube.com/watch?v=WcF8Aos4XDA

Too bad the beat is a straight fucking rip. I hate when "producers" find a great old R&B song, speed it up, and pass it off to all the people who never heard it before as your own creation. Just Blaze and Kanye are both guilty of doing this shit a lot.

Do you like the beat?

Do I like the beat to the Jay-Z song? Well yeah.

Then i see no reason to complain.
What kanye is doing isn't different from what most producers were doing before or after.
I mean. Isn't that what most Hip hop beats are?

No

>I mean. Isn't that what most Hip hop beats are?
Some are worse in this regard than others. I don't have a problem with sampling. It's agreed upon, it's paid for, and can be done very tastefully.

Look here:
youtube.com/watch?v=6qC9g2p0jLs
Dilla takes that very brief vocal during the chorus and builds and entire song around it, a whole new musical experience.
youtube.com/watch?v=jMu47CsLm0M

What Kanye did with Bobby Blue Bland is a lot less inspired. I hate that cut and paste style of sampling. I'd rather just listen to an old R&B record.

>vox

The sample sounds good on its own. You don't need to change a whole lot to make it sound any better. That's probably the point of the beat. And he's probably aware of its simplicity. But i see no probably with a simple beat if the execution is done right.
I agree with Two Can Win noticeably making more of a sample than Heart. But they're really two different entities.

>implying this shit isn't decades old

Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album, American Gangster and 4:44 are all good.

Vol 2. is good aswel.

Pssst
Nerds
Royce had the best verse

it's like they're playing a game of hot potato

its still lazy, listen to how havoc flips a sample you cant even recognize it.

I’m a Jigga fan but I never got the hype behind Vol 2, it just seems really dated to me

same. there's like 1 great album spread across vol 1,2,3

Why was this on the album? It kind of ruins the whole soul vibe

Don't forget Song Cry, Girls Kanye remix

Not nearly

agreed. Eminem's beats fucking suck too

Dilla did an even lazier job with Lightworks so its kinda hipocritical to say that about kanye when dilla did the same shit. All producers have lazily flipped beats and some have great ones that arent so lazy. Dilla and Kanye have both

I wasnt making a sweeping statement about Dilla or Kanye bro, I was using those two songs as examples of bad sampling vs good sampling

this

nope

this