Daily Japanese Thread - DJT # 1888

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Discuss the process of learning Japanese.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sakubi.neocities.org/
youtu.be/KFtgKAne_CA
ankiweb.net/shared/info/1188123894
ankiweb.net/shared/info/942922371
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindtwisted.kanjistudy&hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>77892744
thought it read # 1488 for a sec

5人の専門家から成る審査員団が、誰が受賞するのかを決定する。

The whole sentence is easy to understand except for the naru without the ni particle. How does it work without a ni?

からなる in DoJG.

>bumping a dead thread for shit that would have been faster to google
Kill yourself.

good hentai
bump

bump

に-なる : なる to
から-なる : なる from

行ってきます!

良っ寺者い!

Apparently Rikaisama's audio feature does not work anymore. Where else could I get audio for words? I should have set up the automatic card adding in the first place but now I need to find audio for about 2000 words.

What the fuck, it was okay yesterday! Maybe it will come back, too soon to tell.

Go to Forvo.com and extract the audios from there. I use a Firefox extension called FlashGot, it detects media being played and adds it to the download options in the icon (right click it for the list).

For some reason Forvo now bugs the fuck out if I have uBlock enabled and refreshes after a play (so the audio go away from the download list), so I'm dealing with stupid adds in their page.

You can do this without an extension in Firefox or Chrome too. Push F12 -> Network and filter to Media (before playing the audio or video).

Forgive my retardation, but now what?

Double click the URL and then save that (in Firefox you need to right click)

Thank you. Now to do this 2105 more times.

がんばってね

Good luck! Made a >500 deck like that in the span of a month. Do it in chewable chunks.

Why not log in real quick and download them normally through the down-arrow icon?

Also this shit is tedious, now an extra small chunk of my time is going to have to be spent downloading the audio and changing the tags on the cards. I'm being whiny, but FUG

I tried out Memrise mobile because I hate Anki but memrise seems to be more about general phrases than word words. Like attaching desu to words like 嬉しい. It feels unnecessary and poor practice. Also grammar being locked behind a paywall is jewish.

>changing the tags on the cards
Is this related to this task, or it's something else? You can always mass-tag stuff if it's only category labels.
Also be aware you can drag and drop audio and picture files into the card field and it will automatically create a copy in Anki's media folder and whatnot.

I'm talking about a new way to import cards with sounds. I'm trying to be as quick as possible. The quickest way that comes to mind is to import however many cards I do a session, and after the session I'll go to forvo, download the audio, and as I save each one, I'll save them in the "[hiragana] - [kanji].mp3" name, which is what the card is already set to. The only quicker way I can think of is if it would automatically be saved as "pronunciation_ja_[kanji].mp3" format, which is how the forvo files automatically save. So I take it I could modify the algorithm of the import and put a "pronunciation_ja_" there every time, but I don't know if I can or how to only get it to save as only "pronunciation_ja_[kanji].mp3", and not "pronunciation_ja_[hiragana] - [kanji]". If you know how to do something like that, or any other tips, I'd appreciate it.

My manually added cards have a field with the following:

[sound:戦慄_pronunciation_How_to_pronounce_戦慄_in_Japanese_ms_9478059_76_3895547.mp3]

And the Card template has this to play it:
{{Vocabulary-Audio}}

Apparently that's enough, doesn't require any standardized filename

By the way, this [sound:blablabla] is the result of me dragging and dropping the Mp3 in the card's field manually.
But the rest of the fields were filled beforehand, by importing an excel table. So you can create your cards with no audio and then go through them all adding audio via drag and drop.

「くじけちゃ」って何?
文脈『ミズゴロウさん・・・・・・くじけちゃだめです。』

Should I use RikaiCake or is the default dictionary better?

Don't get "discouraged"

Hmm, interesting. Both your method and what I'm doing.. it doesn't seem like there's a big time difference either way. If I'm following you right, I either would have to download the file and drag and drop them manually, or the way I'm doing, manually change the name of the file I download. Do you go through "browse" on anki, and click on each card, and drag and drop into the audio category from there?

Yes. I believe it's substantially faster than F2ing and typing out the tags on every mp3 file, but it's still a bit of a pain in the ass.

The main positive would be that the downloading and importation are done simultaneously: I change the name of the file I'm saving, so it's all done while looking up the words on forvo in my browser, after a session.

(what's the f2 hotkey? lol)

わかった、ありがとう

In 「あの人になら機密書類見せてくれんじゃねぇ?」, is the person saying that the subject WOULD (hypothetically, potentially) show that person the secret documents (i.e. something like "Bet they'd show the secret documents if it was to that guy"); or is the speaker asking if the subject DOES (in practice, already has been happening) show that person the documents (i.e. something like "Don't they let that guy see the documents?")?

今日は私の金曜日です (*´∀`*)

今日は超暑い
汗をかいちゃった!
( ̄Д ̄;)

Bumping to piss off the Aussie who always complains about saving this particular thread from getting pruned.

I like to do a wheezy voice and say 助けてくれ! to pass the time

これを口言葉でどう言えばいいですか?

??
何訊いてんのか分からん
ごめん

How do you say 「1~2週間」verbally?

いち に しゅうかん

思ったより簡単だ
ありがとう

こんばんは!日本語を勉強します。。。難しい。。。
It's been one month since I started learning, and i'm super happy I did, learning a new language has been pretty fun, thanks to all of you guys who help out with questions and tips!

父のチンチン

ぺったんぺったんつるぺったん

>itt: bunch of weebs thinking they can learn japanese

you're on the wrong board pal

Reminder that Tae Kim is garbage and you're going to have to spend a week unlearning misconceptions that you gain by reading it.

Don't just take my word for it, take user's:

Leave it to the EOP to take every language lesson at face value and not be able to tell what is and what isn't useful knowledge.

You just know that this whole spiel was written by that sakabi-pushing cunt.

Yeah, Ctrl+F that crap over /jp/ and you'll get 18 instances. The retard has been shilling really, REALLY hard and looks like the janny gave up on smiting it.

What should I do with suspended cards?

>start to use goo whenever I'm feeling my way through a sentence rather than actually grasping it
>lights up A LOT of things that aren't really well described by the J -> E dictionary , especially in cases where EDICT tries to use English synonyms that aren't really synonyms to the Japanese word, i.e. なかなか
>also has cultural information that's missing from J -> E; as an example from what I've read today, 三行

There's definitely a point where you need to stop using EDICT and start using goo, isn't there?

Unsuspend them and tell Anki to do nothing whenever it marks something as a leech. If you want to, look them up calmly for a while first, so you can determine why they're giving you trouble.

Am I doing this right?

ding dong kim jong un bruce lee

They're just standard words I keep getting wrong like 短い.
Maybe I'm just retarded

汗だく

It was written by me and I have no idea what sakabi us.

that's chinesee
sakubi.neocities.org/

Not going to bother reviewing it because it looks like nobody uses it, but it's CC0, which means it's automatically better than Imabi at least. Whether it's full of garbage like Tae Kim (which some people like apparently have stockholm syndrome after using) is another question, and one I can't answer because I won't review it, but anyone can just fix it and post the fixed version. That's how the guide in the OP stopped being awful, after all.

djt, what was the first thing you read?
any recommendations
other than よつばと?

what is CC0?

Weird how there a lot of people giving opinions about this shitty guide lately, huh? It's almost as if their objective was to pretend to dislike/have no interest in a product just in order to justify namedropping and ongoing discussion!

"Second" or "third" user to say that "at least it's CC0!", REALLY makes me think...

It's a globally recognized public domain dedication.
I don't know what you're talking about, is it really that weird? CC0 learning materials are a very big deal.

I just checked the archives and it looks like you do this a lot. I guess you're easy to upset?

Yes, user, people come to DJT every day asking for a CC0 learning resource, it is the top 1 prioirty around here!

I do what? Point out your samefagging? Cause I'm not hiding anything. My comments are CC0, feel free to print them and wipe your ass with.

Are you depressed or something?

from what I gather the main point the author is trying to make is
don't stress over grammar and don't try to memorize the rules
read it to get the general idea how grammar in Japanese works and then move on and go about acquiring the language the natural way - by reading and listening
use it as a reference

no he's a paranoid schizophrenic, stop responding before he pretends to dox you

>70 posts in 22 and a half hours
>like 10 of them are an autist arguing with his own proxy
maybe it's time to stop posting threads on Sup Forums guys [spoiler]except as containment to keep the /jp/ thread clean, of course[/spoiler]

>containment to keep the /jp/ thread clean
>/jp/
>clean
You've got to be kidding.

Sauce on that pic?

Back to /jp/, you filthy shill. We don't need your shitty memeguide.

>He's paranoid! No one is shilling anything!
Back to /jp/, samefagging sperg.

I'm not saying you're wrong, i hate the samefagging shill too
but you sure invested a disturbing amount of time into this

I'm fine, Bernd this picture might be useful in the future.

Besides, I haven't wasted nearly as much time as this dude has spent on writing his guide.
Hell, I haven't even wasted a fraction of the time he spent shilling.

Also I haven't tried learning Japanese from a dude who admittedly doesn't even speak Japanese, so I have a lot of time unwasted to spent with other superfluous things, such as saving everyone else's time.

Is there a way to use Kanji-Grid on multiple (or all) fields?

I have a mixed deck (varying field names and sometimes the words are broken down into 2 separate fields in 1 card), but I'd like to have a list of all the kanji in this deck.

sakumeme is based

try it

11 out of 10 people recommend it

Turn on Japanese subs
youtu.be/KFtgKAne_CA
and check out the other videos, they are in Japanese.

the author is meme50

Export deck Notes in Plain Text and upload somewhere

Why keep posting this youtube channel?

So with the sentence 時間があると家に来てください, apparently it doesn't work since you can't use と like that when expressing requests.
What's the reasoning behind that specific limitation? The grammar source didn't explain why and I have no idea where I would look that up

Look it up in DoJG.
>A subordinate conjunction which marks a condition that brings about an uncontrollable event or state.

メメ50 - 迷い筆

So I'm almost a year into this fucking shit and I would like some critique on what has become my "daily process".
basically
>started with Genki I (finished)
>been using this deck for a year just about everday ankiweb.net/shared/info/1188123894
>started using this deck since June ankiweb.net/shared/info/942922371
>currently on Genki II chapter 19
>Using this for 30 minutes a day since around July: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindtwisted.kanjistudy&hl=en

Please tell me why I am doing something terribly wrong

Are you learned?

Needs sakubi

You haven't started learning Japanese until you're reading native content. Start reading for at least an hour a day.

I'm nervous about this because I don't want to have to stop at every word that I don't know and learn it (overloading my brain), I feel that I must be doing something wrong when I'm reading this way.

>I don't want to have to stop at every word that I don't know and learn it
Look it up, save it somewhere and add it to an Anki deck which is set to feed a certain amount of new cards every day. There isn't much that can be done to bypass the fact that to read Japanese comfortably you have to know thousands and thousands of words. No other way around but head on.

胡麻ダレをすきです

俺は超人、お前らは糞の亜種ばかり

出て行けアドルフくん

おれは超人間だ!!
グイッ ガシャーン

that is a problem of a conjunction.
時間があるから家に来てください・・・◯
時間があるため家に来てください・・・×
時間があると家に来てください・・・×

時間がある。だから家に来てください
時間がある。そのため家に来てください
時間がある。すると家に来てください

「そのため」「すると」 express a time line, but an imperative sentence doesn't have a tence.

I believe the intended meaning was 時間があったら家に来てください.