In the early seasons, Hank hated the Dallas Cowboys, comparing them to crackheads and debutantes...

In the early seasons, Hank hated the Dallas Cowboys, comparing them to crackheads and debutantes, but towards the later seasons he seems to love them.

Did the team get better over time or what? Even if the writers forgot this detail, Hank doesn't seem like the bandwagoning type.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CZFoJyXBL1o
youtube.com/watch?v=EFQ0jeLTbsk
youtube.com/watch?v=Oj6GH1ILZOw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he cared more about tom landry

It really just looks like an overlooked detail. As the series progressed his character was more fleshed out the writers probably just thought that there was more fun to be has with the character as a cowboys fan.

>implying you can't love crackheads and debutantes

I haven't watched the program in a while, but I don't ever recall him disliking the Cowboys. I recall him disliking Dallas and Austin, but never the team.

His hate for Dallas remained pretty consistent, but that particular remark was a jab at Dallas and the Cowboys

youtube.com/watch?v=CZFoJyXBL1o

youtube.com/watch?v=EFQ0jeLTbsk

youtube.com/watch?v=Oj6GH1ILZOw

DALLAS
SALLAD

On a more important note, was this episode canon? Peggy literally kills a dude and gets away with it. Moments right after he regained his sanity too. It's kind of depressing desu

>football teams are static and never change players

This episode was great. And yes, all KOTH episodes seems to keep with continuality, no dream or what-if episodes

this was the first episode of king of the hill i ever saw. gave me the worst impression of the show.

The show started in 97
When the cowboys were one year from there last Super Bowl win and perennial contenders , and they had a lot of scandals
They only went downhill from there till about 2006 when romo took over
So I guess it was the writers holdin hanks high standards to the cowboys when they were good and just wanting a good team when they were bad

BOGGLE

This is one of the best Halloween episodes of any show, it was actually horrifying

Hank most likely was an old school Cowboy and while they had a major, multi-year win streak going on in the early/mid-90s, by the mid-90s, the Cowboys had a lot of off-the-field scandals with drugs and players being arrested. Stuff that would probably alienate Hank since he would be pissed off at the team behaving badly and disgracing the reputation and legacy of the franchise.

That said, Hank DID have a soft spot for Troy Aikman and the writers even gave Troy a cameo in one episode where they went out of their way to portray him as a 100% good guy and devoted Christian, who manages to bring Luanne and Hank back together after they have a huge fight that causes Luanne to question the existence of God

It's canon and it's awesome.

As for how Luanne and Peggy didn't get charged by the cops? Dude was batshit crazy and even if the electrical shock briefly restored his sanity, it was far too late for anyone to save him (and IIRC the episode is super vague towards whether or not Peggy and Luanne even heard him declare that he was no longer crazy post-electrical shock).

The cops most definitely heard Luanne and Peggy's story (and those of his employees) and unlike Hank, took it serious and wrote it off as Trip getting himself killed while terrorizing two innocent women, one of which he was keeping as a virtual hostage.

That said, assuming there was a board of directors in the company, the board probably also covered up the death in the media and given how over the top Trip's death was (and him wearing a pig costume), Peggy and Luanne probably agreed to not bring up the incident ever again, especially since it would only make Hank more upset and uncomfortable. Hell, Hank probably believed the cover story (that Trip died in a freak accident) and Peggy agreed to swallow her pride and ego for once rather than rub it into Hank's face that she was right.

>literal autism
Why can't you faggots apply your disorder to something useful and not waste its use on Cantonese claymation forums?

go, you dallas cowboys go