Bladerunner - Comfy Edition

Thread theme;

soundcloud.com/appy-the-gm/blade-runner-blues-vangelis-hd

Talk about anything & everything, droids not allowed!

Never seen this before. I hear it's literally like vaporwave the movie.

Its a dangerous film user, you'll get sucked right into into it.

(Bonus if you like pink floyd)

Here's a nice matching image to yours.

And here's a question: There are some people who insist that the Replicants are robots. For those who have seen the movie more than once and still believe that, why?

It is shown in the movie that the Replicants bleed and are physically indistinguishable from humans, thus the need for the Voight-Kampf test.

They can't be robots, they are chemical experiments as in lab created humans just like the matrix? The only problem is that since they're insta-mix humans, they have limitations to achieving infinite thought. I could be wrong. Just saw it once.

Right. There was another discussion once where someone--perhaps he was trolling--insisted that the Replicants are machines and not living creatures. He never cited specific instances in the film to back up his claims and I eventually lost interest and left the discussion.

The only reason I gave the guy any mind at all was because when I first saw this movie many years ago when I was a young teen, I initially thought that Replicants were robots. It wasn't until the second viewing and some thought that I realized what was really going on.

id eat her gears if you know what i mean

This movie was so fucking shit

Hot take

>Replicants are like any other machine: they're either a benefit or a hazard.

I think it's pretty clear that they are robots.

They're "built", therefore are they're considered machines, but the point of the movie is to ask what is the difference between (effectively) identically built robots and humans. Sure, the robots have some differences, but they're beginning to be very slim.

i watched this for the first time a few days ago.

i was utterly spellbound

Unpopular opinion here, but this is not a good movie in any way.

The visuals are top-notch, and basically forged the next 20 years of sci-fi cinema after it (until Minority Report kinda broke away from it),

but the actual movie?

I can never manage to sit through the final "confrontation" between Ford and the Replicant. They go at it for like 40 minutes, this bored me out my mind.

Wasn't much depth to the story either, especially compared to the short story it was based on.

If you always felt the same, but was to afraid to admit it, now is the time.

Calling replicants a machine is just a way for the blade runners to dehumanize them. If you humanize an enemy, it is much more difficult for you to kill them.

The opening crawl of the movie states that killing replicants was called "retiring" them.

I bought he blu-ray, but have yet to watch it.
Which version do I watch?

Rachel's eyes in that picture made me ask another question: Why didn't they give Replicants some distinguishing feature to make it obvious they weren't humans? Give them blue skin, or marks on their eyes, or tattoos, or elf ears or something! They're all things that could be done either genetically or before the replicant left the "factory."

If you've seen the movie before, you should watch the Final Cut first. This is the one that Ridley Scott endorses.

If this is the first time you've ever seen the movie, start with either the Original Theatrical Release or the Final Cut. If you're a student of film, it's probably worth watching the original first so you can get a sense of the history of this film.

Plot hole? :) Of course, Tyrell said, "More human than human" so maybe it was hubris on the part of the Tyrell Corporation. Tyrell got some sort of twisted pleasure (God complex) from being able to create/manufacture living people that were indistinguishable from natural born humans.

The best thing about the movie was/is it's style.
The whole "What makes a human a human" question is kinda unecessary in this one.
Definetly a good movie,but it's style over substance.

How weird is it that there's a tyrell in Mr.Robot

I don't watch Mr. Robot but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it were an intentional reference to Blade Runner. Who knows? Maybe Mr. Robot will also reference Philip K. Dick in some way, too.