Syrian national football team - 2018 WC Qualification

>mfw they could actually do it

A match against Qatar in Malaysia followed by an away match against already-qualified Iran are the two games left in the WC qualification process for them. It's a bit of a stretch, but I think they're going to pull it off, or at least qualify to the 4th round.

Discuss.

Remaining matches for Group A

Putin can make it happen

And here are the current standings.

What part of Syria is everyone from?

the bombed part

rude

Eastern Ghouta here

It's going to be their first time at WC? Are there any other "first time ever" team with chances right now?

Deir-ez-zor

>mfw Syria beats out all of it's neighbours and the middle eastern equivalent of The Football War starts

Iran should throw the game to help their brothers, mashallah.

this unironically

Do you know nothing of the Sunni Shiite rivalry? Syria are fucked! Deal with it.

lol the allied forces for US, UK and who-ever else would bomb them mid-game and still find a way to blame ISIS.

I know Assad is neither.

Alawites are Shiites.

> Americans

Raqqa.

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Nah Ubekibekibekistan or Qatar will meme them out of the group

Aleppo born and raised. not even joking.

i just hope to see Korea crash and burn

Mahmoud Dahoud is that you?

Nice shoop there, Boris.

OF COURSE you have a german flair

>German flair

Why is China so bad

Based Assad

>group of men from war-torn country find solace in football and make a surprise qualification run at the world cup
Who's gonna star in the 'based on a true story' film adaption 15 years from now?

What's your opinion on Russia's involvement in the war? And the west's

>flair

Soon la

Al-Kawm my dude

you country will never win the war if all the military aged men become deserters, all the european "help" is nothing but making sure Syria never wins.

they still have a NT squad so there's at least 20 military aged men who they didn't even need for combat

Always looked like such a pleasant place

U N D E F E A T E D
N
B
R
O
K
E
N

We just need any team to beat Uzbekistan and we'll make it. Now that we just got our best striker back, our attack is actually one of the best in Asia but everything else is lacking

It's complicated

Golan Heights

good lad

Why Arabs are so good, and at the same time, so bad at football?
One of the 5 Greatest clubs of all time is Al Ahly SC, and this club is barely known outside Egypt, and Egypt NT never qualifies for the WCs

And they want to be World Champion by 2050

>he doesn't rate Wu Chang Pi

>Syria beats the US after penalties
>Syria gets bombed the next day

t. mayor of london

>Iran should throw the game to help their brothers, mashallah.

Yeah, nice in theory, never going to happen. Ignore the whole 'shiite' thing, the reality is that outside of the government no one really cares too much about religion. Let's instead talk about some actual realities in the context of Syria and Iran:

-Persians are not too found of Arabs. They're like weird cousins to each other, and there are some relations but overall a Persian attitude towards most (not all) Arabian tribes is 'okay, great, and please stay away from me at a respectable distance'. Notice how we refer to the groups as tribes? While yes many tribes have created a power to define a government and boundaries, most Persians still see many tribes within those boundaries and many Arabs still acting on tribal lines against each other... so, yes, Arab Tribes.

-Quieroz. He isn't fucking around as a coach. Do you really think he'll let the team mis-step in any way during QC rounds even after they became the first to quality for 2018? ZERO goals conceded so far during qualification, and suddenly they'll lose a match to Syria? I mean they may lose a match now to a really desperate powerhouse (looking at you, South Korea, on Thursday) with a little home cooking from a ref, but even that is a low likelihood all considering.

-Syria's best chance is in beating the Uzbeks.

Good luck, Syria!

LEAVE my continent.

Your last match is against Iran. They are already qualified. Do you think they'll let you win?

Flag checks out

>outside of the government no one really cares too much about religion.
Is that why the FSA works with ISIS?

Doubt it. It's not like they're just going to let us score and break their clean sheet record, even if we are political allies. At best, and that's me being hopeful, they will start their bench warmers for the managers to test them, since they've already qualified.

But there's also the mentality of the two teams, one has nothing to gain while the other will play like it's the WC final for them, most of our points did come from last minute winners after all. So I think we genuinely have a chance even without them "going easy" on us.

Thanks. Anyway, good luck for your team. I hope they qualify. It would be a huge joy for your country, right?

Asian qualifying looks a lot of fun. Got a winner takes all match with Japan v Australia this week too

Mentality - like not '''needing''' to win a match - never matters much, that's a meme. But sure they could use their B team of sorts

Berlin

Playing against diving Ar*bs and chinks is fucking awful

But Bhutan's stadium is pretty

t.Abo

Pls cum to CONCACAF

Thanks. And yeah, it would be, since we have never actually made it to the WC and to achieve it in these times would make it even more special.

Are people in Syria following the national team, or is it mostly unknown?

Deir ez-Zor here senpai

Move to Conmebol

It's the only thing they ever talk about these days, lol. Syrians are surprisingly obsessed/passionate about football for a country that's not even that good at it.

Panama I think

Truly the England of Asia.

Montenegrito
Iceland
Burkina Faso

And I GUESS Solomon Islands.
And the Uzbeks.

I thought your country was on the brink of existence?

How come you are sat here on spee and not fighting ISIS and/or Assad?

Toppu kekku desu ne!