Dadrock hate thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v7awJ9JMVu0
youtube.com/watch?v=YkKRU1ajKFA
youtube.com/watch?v=dsFK4eZoF2w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shouldn't you be in school?

If you can have multiple anti-hiphop threads up, why not this?

>chart to convince dadrockers modern music isn't all garbage
>the majority of the albums on here are garbage
Really mobilizes my macadamias

>trying to convert dadrockers with pitchfork nu-male cuckrock

Is it dad rock if my dad fucking hated rock?

i don't think james blake is the best artist to use as an argument against autotune

Talking Heads dadrock?

Is this bait? Most are pretty good albums

Fucking wot. This has to be b8

this reeks of reddit

>Trying to disprove rap and is all about partying, drugs and sex
>Posts MF DOOM
>St. Vincent
>Jay Reatard
>Andrew Jackson Jihad
Holy fuck its almost like some buttmad soyboy who doesn't know what the hell he is talking about made this chart. My fucking sides
The electronic/IDM selections are good though

Because dadrock is good, but severely overrated. Hip-Hop is straight trash, AND severely overrated.

>Convince
I'm pretty sure it's just to prove nostalgic dadrockers wrong. This is a pretty solid list

It was actually made by Sup Forums disappointingly enough

Maybe we can make a new one

This chart is all nu-male trash. Also...
>gorillaz
>nirvana
>sublime
>radiohead
>dadrock
They're all trash, but they're not dadrock trash.

this

its severely outdated

>They're all trash
Nice bait.

Hip-Hop barley qualifies as music. Be glad you're even allowed on this board, nigger.

Radiohead has a few songs that I enjoy, but overall they're pretty bland radio-rock. The rest are fucking horrible.

imo it's a really good example
he's not using autotune to cover up lack of singing ability, he's just using it as another instrument

>Demon Days is horrible
This is a whole new level of contrarian

that's gonna be hard to explain to the kind of person that this chart is aimed at

>bait
>b8
>bait
see then come back when you have a bigger vocabulary

I fucking hate Gorillaz. They're basic bitch normie trash. I'm sorry you listened to them in middle school and feel nostalgic now. I was in my 20s when I heard them for the first time, and it was some of the most bland music I've ever heard.

>Dadrock hate thread
born in le right generation xD

I only listen to REAL music. Kanye West, FKA Twigs, Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Earl Sweatshirt, Flying Lotus, The Weeknd, DOOM, Drake, Beyonce, Deangelo, the list goes on
*white person sees a cracker* white person "same" tb h. literally same. literally me every day of my life bae. um, good job white people.
I follow pop culture.
I watch the grammys. I watch the VMAs. I love live tweeting about both
I listen to both mainstream music AND indie! I'm a new breed of cultured
I love tweeting about the NBA. Did you all see the NBA All Star game? Check out this meme of a NBA star! he be like
Beyonce be like
Jay-Z be like
Nicki Minaj be like
KENDRICKS NEW SINGLE JUST DROPPED FUCK.
Yeezy season approaching
Check out this meme I made, it references Drake and a new movie that just came out
Bae. Keep calm and smoke a blunt. Emojis. I embrace memes and trends. But post-ironically.
Ironic 90s nostalgia t-shirts bae
um white people fucked up again. like, good job everyone. great job society. baka desu
WOW. I want my girlfriend to hear Deangelos voice while we have sex.
People of Colour >>>> White People. boohoo white people, youre life is sooo tough. redirect to Sup Forums
pitchfork.com, stereogum, tumblr, instagram, jezebel, nba.com, grantland, I'm in the know
I ALSO LISTEN TO SWANS THO. IM CULTURED THO.
I EMBRACE THIS GENERATION!!!
#readyforhillary #orblackcanidate #stopwhitepeople #tbhcrew

it's all shit tbqh

You just used b8 three times. I can't even handle that bait baitboi

Actually, you are the basic bitch normie trash.

>meaningful lyrics
>knife man, ajj

Dude I love that band but...

Daily reminder that Sup Forums made this chart.

2012 wants it's music taste back

Literally nothing's bad about the chart except for the most recent albums being from 2011 and 2012

Dude, Gorillaz suck. Really bad. I'm sorry you have shit taste. Nirvana sucks too. Sublime is unlistenable trash. Radiohead is alright sometimes, but mostly just bland radio-rock.

Yeah and CLT criticied Sup Forums for it. CLT also ditched rock and hip-hop in favor of classical music and supported Trump.

Daily reminder that CLT was always right.

this but unironically

It's cringey as fuck, dude.

>ditched rock and hip-hop in favor of classical
Good for him.

Racists barely qualify as humans. Be glad you're even allowed your tendies kid

p sure it was made in 2012

reactionary ditching of entire genres is an indefensibly stunted position to take

>nigger
>telling other people that they barely qualify as humans
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your people literally didn't qualify as humans a couple hundred years ago.

And the fact that it's full of mediocre or worse albums

"hip hop is trash xD white is the strongest race!! fuck all n words!!"

le dad's btfo
this but unironically and with niggers typed out

I'm not the guy who said nigger. I just genuinely don't enjoy the music. I love jazz, and I think black people make the best jazz. It's not a racist thing. Its an awful music thing.

>Music back in your day was so good! Not unlike the crap on the radio today
This kills the right generationer.

its sad you actually had the time to sit down and make this, go outside

Isn't that the sole reason why people like AJJ? The lyrics about isolation, self loathing, jealously, hopelessness, etc.

some of the music on this could be considered dad rock at this point. I mean someone who was 15 when Kid A came out would be 33 today.

Not an argument

>"rock and country are trash xD blacks make the best music!! fuck all wh*te 'people'!!"

>unlike

stupid autocorrect

t. born in le wrong generation xD the list goes on

who are you quoting

i think its because you haven't heard the right artists yet, you cant dismiss an entire genre as shit.

see

what is this image trying to convey

i've never heard anyone say this, and i bump sturgill simpson

t. pleb p4kdrone who probably browses reddit

Maybe I just don't like the sound? It doesn't appeal to me. I've heard all kinds of rap. I just don't like it. Why is that so hard to accept?

the reason modern radio only plays commercial garbage is because no where near as many people listen to the radio than they did in the 90s. So they have to cast as wide a net as possible and can't afford to be in any way eclectic.

>you cant dismiss an entire genre as shit
I just did. Rap sucks.

>well im not that guy saying nigger nigger kill all niggers but he does have a point
>hey why dont you believe my opinion

Is this bait or are you genuinely this retarded?

Sad !

No one in the "know" gives a shit about good hip-hop like Clouddead, DJ Shadow etc.

Good hip-hop is rather an exception than the rule. As such there's nothing bad when people disregard the whole genre as garbage since for the major part that's just what it is.

Do you just preemptively ask this so nobody can ask you? Have you tried contributing to the board?

>DAE reddit is bad?? xD i dont have arguments or somethin but it's for loosers!!!

nice greentext, good irony. your quality argumentation really destroyed that guy's argument.

Who are you quoting?

>argument
Must have missed it

Epick meme desu

i guess thats understandable. closed minded as fuck, but understandable.

>burzum on mtv
holy shit

>radiohead
>experimental

>MPP (apart from Bluish)
>good

Are you about done shitposting?

Swans had a minor rock radio hit in 1989

Well done

We mate hate people that like dadrock, but we hate people that hate people that like dadrock more

I listen to all kinds of genres, and I feel like the more new sounds and genres I discover, the less interesting hip-hop becomes. I used to really enjoy it, but it really is bland and stale and formulaic and barebones as fuck in the grander scheme of music.

Not an argument.

Why would my post have contained an argument?

>I've heard all kinds of rap, I just don't like it
>close minded as fuck
This has to be bait

Why would my post have contained a shitpost? It is highly symptomatic for a fascist tendency to force everything into fixed systems that you made this assumption. Read Adorno faggot.

you don't have to try so hard user

This. Imagine going from jazz or classical or whatever back to a guy talking over a beat in 4/4 time, at 80-115 bpm, about the same topics as every other rapper with some sampled music from superior jazz and soul musicians. It has very little variety.

>Greatest Dadrock band ever
youtube.com/watch?v=v7awJ9JMVu0

Yes, you stupid fuck.

Everything that isn't ambientindielectroshoegazing is dadrick and should be destroyed

>Why would my post have contained a shitpost?
You tell me, you're the one shitposting.

Shouldn't you not still be posting here given how fucking old you are?

Terrible soycore. Listen to some real dadrock you pleb.
youtube.com/watch?v=YkKRU1ajKFA

>real metal
>My chemical romance

youtube.com/watch?v=dsFK4eZoF2w

>Read Adorno

Gas yourself

my dad listens to cannibal corpse

why are rap fans incapable of accepting that people don't like their music?

is it because they listen to the music as a replacement for a personality and project that insecurity onto other people? probably

Who do people who don't like rap have to say so in the most inflammatory way possible?

>say you dont like rap
>HAHAHA I BET YOU ARE OLD AND LIKE ROCK HAHAHA ROCK DEAD, LOL ITS NOT LIKE RAP IS 40 FUCKING YEARS OLD BY NOW HAHHAHAA WE DA NEW ROCKSTARS HAHAHAH

You proved that all pop sucks nice one