This saves vidyakino

This saves vidyakino

MGS is fucking garbage

Fuck off back to your cage, rodent.

Sam Fisher pls go

We don't need vidya movies in this day and age.

Back then your favorite vidya character was nothing more than a graphic that you moved around on screen and you wanted to see them go beyond that. You wondered what would be like to hear them talk and go through an actual adventure in a movie.

Nowadays you get that shit way more than enough. Every game is a hollywood movie and every character is a movie star. So what's the point? Especially with fucking MGS. I mean, c'mon, those games have 10+ hours cutscenes so what's a 90 minute movie gonna add to that?

Would have been perfect about ten years ago but he's too old to play Snake now

Lol

Christian Bale hates your nerd shit.

Why would you want a videogame movie when you can just play the game?

Not to mention it rarely, if ever, translates.

Probably the only time it went OK was Mortal Kombat, and that movie was pretty bad, just good for what it was trying to do, and the fact that we were kids when we saw it.

Boring choice. I think the perfect Snake would be Idris Elba

Kojima made video games because this shit would be bad on the big screen.

>Would have been perfect about ten years ago but he's too old to play Snake now

Same is true of Josh Holloway.

god shut teh fuck up

>Sean Connery as Big Boss

Dubs of truth

>Sean Connery
Might wanna pick someone who was all of his faculties.

this

i love mgs but i hope its never made into a film

MGS story is fun as a videogame but overall it's too fucking absurd and ridiculous. The only reason it sort of works in the games is because it's tied to solid fun gameplay and Kojima inserts a shit ton of comic relief and self awareness. As a movie this would be absolutely terrible.

>adapting video games into movies
No. Just no.

It's never ever going to work, no matter how good the original game's story or theme is.

But given the trajectory of the modern video game industry, it's more like video games will be more cinematic than the other way around

I see an MGS adaptation as being a lot like Die Hard. I do think it would be very difficult to translate it to the screen, though. If they tries to do anything other than MGS1, the story would have to be cleaned up and streamlined too.

I think exactly this too.

Here's to (you)

This

I'd rather not see one of the best actors of this generation career get ruined

lol bale could play a banana he would still have his career intact

Didn't we get aleady Batman as The Boss in BvS?

No, Aiden Gillen played him in TDKR.

for as much shit as MGS gets for being a moviegame, they really would not work outside of video games. Maybe you could make MGS1 or 3 work with heavy condensing of the story and characters

MGS2 and MGSV are explicitly about the nature of the player/avatar relationship and video games own status as an """art form""" that would not translate to film. MGS4 is a passive aggressive deconstruction of the series itself based on Kojima's self loathing and disappointment in his own fanbase.