Is Phil Anselmo actually a white supremacist?

Is Phil Anselmo actually a white supremacist?
And if so, why does anyone give a shit?

Maybe because he has non-white fans?

Maybe
Because it's the current year

>this is considered white in America

Kek. Phil is an alcoholic bastard when Dimebag died his family didn't want him in the funeral.

nice gut

>spongebob had pantera make music for their show
>pantera's lead singer is a nazi
>spongebob is nazi propaganda

Apparently he was piss drunk that night - what a surprise - and was just doing the salute to get a rise out of some dumbass fans that had been heckling him throughout the show

Retarded move but I wouldn't expect any less from ol' Phil

Plus, his having non-white fans isn't an issue because either they're no longer his fans, or they're smart enough to be able to separate the music from the musician. Lots of artists are cunts, that shit's old news

>those cro magnon eye sockets
>shitty tatoos everywhere
>that meme facial hair

I would imagine that he is, yes.

I'd suckle that beer gut like an alcoholic fawn

>they're smart enough to be able to separate the music from the musician

why does this meme keep getting repeated on Sup Forums

No wonder it's my favourite children's show

Because you don't have to respect an artist to enjoy their art. I mean, the whole "never meet your idols" thing isn't just anti-celebrity propaganda, is it?

No, but if you have any real religious or political beliefs you should be able to draw the line when you supporting an artist means supporting something that goes completely against what you believe.

I guess if you steal music and don't actually support the musicians, or you're a wet centrist with no real beliefs, then yeah it's fine you can "separate the music from the musician".

The former

I won't defend his behaviour if it's genuine malice toward minorities but fuck me the dude can grunt with the best of them

But in all fairness, most of the purchases any of us make will ultimately go towards supporting something which goes against our morals, unless you're a huge fan of child slave labour and fucking the planet in the arse.

I'd rather give Phil Anselmo five quid than fucking Coca Cola, I'll tell you that much for sure.

i think it is a pretty silly line of thinking. truthfully no artwork can be separated from the mind, and all of its concomitant virtues and vices, that produced it. however, it's even more retarded to refuse to appreciate an artwork because of something else (whether it be a separate work of art or a public statement) that that same mind has produced. it's such a profoundly reductive way of thinking, for puritanical morons with saturday morning cartoon-tier ideologies who cannot accept that people are simultaneously capable of unleashing beauty and cruelty onto this world.

Funny enough, those who push ideological purity the hardest tend to be very impure themselves.

>In 2016, Anselmo said the favorite of recent concerts he had attended included Morrissey, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, and Stevie Wonder.[40] Wonder performed the entirety of his classic 1976 album Songs in the Key of Life, which Alselmo described as "like watching a living, breathing miracle right before your eyes."

is phil patrician?

That's a non-point. Just by existing we're making a negative impact on something or someone. Virtually all of our clothes and electronics are made in sweatshops, that's just how modern society is, we don't really have a choice.

You do have a choice in supporting someone whose ideology completely goes against yours.

Islamic Nasheeds from terrorist groups like ISIS are a hot meme on youtube and Sup Forums. I wonder how many people would actually buy them if they were released on iTunes or in stores while telling themselves that they're separating the music from the musicians.

retard

>it's even more retarded to refuse to appreciate an artwork

It's about supporting it, not about appreciating it.

false equivalence, don't you think? funding a group like isis will literally result in slaughtered innocents. supporting guys like ansemlo or varg vikernes will result in whiskey bottles purchased and youtube videos created.

I try to separate the art from the artist by not letting people I do not respect get my money. I'll torrent from people I don't like and pay people I do like.

you can grant support to whomever you choose to grant support to, obviously. my bone to pick has little to do with support.

White supremacists have slaughtered innocents and will again.

another false equivalence; you're equating the likes of anselmo with terroristic white supremacists. he might be an asshole, but he isn't using his paychecks to fund lynchings or anything of the sort. if there was some white power band who were, you'd have a valid comparison, but at the moment you do not.

>he might be an asshole, but he isn't using his paychecks to fund lynchings or anything of the sort.

We don't know that for a fact. He may or may not be.

yeah, so might bruce fucking springsteen, or literally every other living musian and/or artist. until i see a legitimate connection, i'm not going to base my support on baseless conjecture.

dimebag's family didn't want him there, he didn't specifically want that unless he secretly hated phil which is possible

>so might bruce fucking springsteen

Has he ever expressed white supremacist beliefs or actions?

We could go back and argue about how serious Phil was when he threw his Sig Heil up, but it's not really about him. It's about the "separate the music from the musician" meme and all artists and musicians.

Ahahahaha

Fuck politics so much.

>Has he ever expressed white supremacist beliefs or actions?
no but you never know, he could just have been hiding it all these years. if i don't know for an absolute fact that he's not supporting white terror, how can i support him in good conscious? see how ridiculous this line of thinking is?

i'm not even necessarily doubting the sincerity of phil's pronouncements. i'm just saying that there's a massive difference between supporting someone who will almost certainly act upon murderous beliefs and supporting someone with whom you disagree vehemently but who has no record whatsoever of acting upon their hatred, and doesn't seem very likely to start soon. obviously you're free to withhold support for members of both categories, but surely you recognize that there is a distinction?

As a black guy, no I don't think Phil is actually a white supremacist. I do think that he's probably a racist.

>in b4 "who cares what a nigger thinks"

>see how ridiculous this line of thinking is?

Well no there's a difference between someone not expressing beliefs and somehow thinking that they might secretly be, and someone who openly flaunts their beliefs right in the open.

you're still groundlessly attributing action onto someone. phil has openly flirted with racist viewpoints throughout his career, yes, but he has no record at all of funding lynchings, and for you to say "well we don't KNOW he hasn't done it" to justify a comparison with ferocious terrorist cabals is utter, disingenuous bullshit.

>whiteknighting this hard
don't you have other boards to shit up little buddy?

walk is a groovy song but beyond that i haven't even listened to pantera, or any of phil's other projects. i'm just pointing out that your line of thinking is vacuous.

because white people aren't allowed to want to preserve their race

and because saying something bad about Jewish people is the biggest crime on the planet

Shut up Phil

Frida Khalo was a filthy commie, we still are able to appreciate her works