Affleck's Batman movie may not be made now

comicbook.com/dc/2017/01/01/ben-affleck-says-if-the-batman-doesnt-come-together-he-wont-do-i/

So now that it has been reported that Ben Affleck may cancel his Batman movie since there is no script yet and WB may be changing their mind about letting him be in full directing control, what is going to happen to the DCEU?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lrcMipCdhbo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only one way to save this.

Time for Idris Elba as Batman

Batman is haram

>only possibly good movie in the DCEU
>only movie fans actually want to see
>possibly canceled

ebin, simply ebin

Ben was director, co-writer and lead actor. If he leaves they'll be dead in the water. Delaying it will be stupid so they'll just cancel it. They'll finish up JL and MAYBE do Aquaman. Flash would probably be canceled. The DCEU would be dead. They can't just suddenly replace one dude with 3 people because they already set aside the budget. Plus it would be horrible because they'd go with some amateur music video director and probably let Goyer out of the basement to finish it up for cheap. It will suck and bomb. WB can't afford another DC bomb. It would be less damaging to cancel it.

I unironically like the Daredevil movie

dcucks btfo

Because Bullseye and Kingpin were having the time of their lives?

I don't understand the liberal obsession with casting Idris Elba as white characters.

>Flash would probably be canceled
But didn't they already decide to stick Cyborg into Flash?

Why is this controversial? Ben Afflecki wants to be THE guy. The brain, the body, and the soul of Batman.

He's charming charismatic and a great actor... what more do you need?

I'm just glad that he clearly he's clearly self-conscious as a director.

Unlike Zack Snyder.

I sunny understand why Batman needs to be white. Idris Elba is a living legend.

Live by Night bombed critically and probably will financially so WB is losing faith in Affleck's auteur abilities.

What the hell? They don't have a script yet? The year is 2017 and they don't have a fucking script for the most wanted movie in DCEU?

Every consider that critics just really hate Muslims?

Who the fuck makes the decisions regarding these things? Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to shoehorn Wonder Woman and Abomination into a Batman Vs Superman film? Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to cast whatsherface as Wonder Woman? Who the fuck thought reducing the Joker's screentime was a good idea? Who thinks taking away Ben Affleck's control from a fucking Batman film is a good idea?

What the fuck goes on over there? Goddamn. Now it'll be 20-40 years before another good Batman film comes out, let alone another ATTEMPT at Batman vs Superman.

Well the chart says...

Don't believe everything you hear, son.

Good, It's time for a racially diverse Batman.

>tfw in a shitty movie so you just have to think about making Argo

>Abomination

Isn't he brown in the Telltale "game"?

So, like mulatto?
Batman won't be racially diverse so long as he's one person.

No.

Whatever man you know what I mean. Batman Vs Superman should've been nothing but two different ideals going to war. But naaah we gotta play catch-up to Marvel because we're a bunch of fuckwits with no patience and who care nothing about making a good film. Yes I'm mad.

Batman is a rich White guy, that's his super power, he wouldn't work as a Black dude

Affleck is probably the only thing that can save DCU clusterfuck, but he doesn't need it.

Can't blame him for walking away.

Got to make that Avengers money while people still pay to see capeshit, user.

>Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to shoehorn Wonder Woman and Abomination into a Batman Vs Superman film? Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to cast whatsherface as Wonder Woman?
She was easily the best part of this dour clusterfuck

>Who the fuck thought reducing the Joker's screentime was a good idea?
He shouldn't even have been in SS, he literally has nothing to do with them. He was only in the trailers to bait plebs like you

he is jewish

WB execs have to be literally retarded if they can't see that a batman movie made by ben affleck is the only hope they have of being taken seriously

This is a good thing. I'd rather no new Batman movie than some poorly thought out rushed trash like Suicide Squad.

>She was easily the best part of this dour clusterfuck

How you don't see that as a problem is beyond me.

Why would they need Affleck when they have the brilliant creative vision of Zack Snyder and his wife Deborah?

>Aquaman

Yeah, they are screwed

Those are the rumors. At this rate, Flash is definitely getting delayed from March 2018. It may even get pushed all the way to 2019 if WB wants WW and JL to play out.

What the hell are they even going to do then?
>Gotham City Sirens
>Joker & Harley movie
>Suicide Squad 2

stop it.

at this phase it's just too pitiful to laugh at DC fans

Gotham City Sirens, already announced as being fasttracked for development, will likely take that spot. No way WB forces James Wan to move Aquaman up.

And WB is looking at a Will Smith Deadshot spinoff, because LOL BIG WILLY SMITH. And yes, they're making a SS 2 because it actually did well with people under 24. Not so much every other demographic.

July 2018 has been reserved for WB for sometime now. So much depends on WW connecting with audiences because Affleck's Batman is supposed to film Spring 2017, but no script is worrying. So we'll see in 6 months how much pressure WB will put on Affleck to save the DC universe.

It was a bad idea to begin with. TDKR was a good story because it wasn't canon and Miller hates Superman so basing your cinematic universe on this story is fucking idiotic and shows how little the WB execs and Snyder know what their doing. Hopefully bringing Geoff Johns in will right the ship a bit. I'm not even a Wondie fan but her theme song was great and she was closer to her comic book counterpart than everyone else in this movie

WB did not bring Geoff Johns in. It was a lie to calm people down. Johns left comics to co-write Batman with Affleck and to save the DCEU, yet somehow has plenty of time to write a new comics story arc when the Batman script is not finished yet? Doesn't add up.

It'll be fine.

>bringing the guy that knows the least about Batman from his own admission to write a Batman movie

no wonder Afflek wants to bail out

Well shit this is disappointing. I guess I missread it. As a DCfag, I was hoping our movies would finally be able to compete with Marvel Studios

>the state of DCucks right now

He's just being humble. He's been with DC for over a decade now, he knows a lot more about Batman than Zack "the hack" Snyder

It's honestly just sad at this point.

this is the same guy that was writing Wonder Woman and never read about her until a couple of months before he was leaving the Justice League book

andres alba for blackman

>finally be able to compete with Marvel Studios

They're already much better and making more money with only 3 movies out. But muh RT score. Try again shill.

Yeah sorry, not into SuperEmoMan with the hamfisted Jesus metaphor or the Punisher in a Batsuit "the world's worst detective who needs google to figure out who or what the white Portuguese is"

Not muh Supes
Not muh Batman
Not muh Doomsday
Not muh Lex
Not muh KGBeast
Not muh Jimmy Olsen
Not muh literally everyone in this fucking trainwreck
Wondie was fine tho

>Time for Idris Elba as Batman
This.

Can they attempt a Joker cinematic universe?

I dont mean just with Jared by say what if they cast Willem Dafoe as the Joker? Keep Jared as Robin but have it about Willem Dafoe who leads his henchmen on some missions and Jared's Joker keeps getting in the way with his own henchmen.

What we get is an R Rated blood thirsty warzone between 2 Jokers in a world where Batman is killed.

Similar to that video game made where James Bond is murdered and stuff turns into chaos.

To me if all fails, do this.

Teenagers aren't allowed on this website

Maybe WB demands Affleck to finish Justice League before he can start work in this, kinda like how Ridley Scott is being a dick to Blomkamp and not allowing him to do any screen test filming with Sigourney nor any pre production on the alternative Alien 3 movie until Alien: Covenant is released.

I'd love a Deadshot movie (yes I am a Will Smith fan so fuck off if you werent alive during Smith's 90s action flicks).

What the fuck is it with people not wanting a Joker movie?

As soon as someone mentions they want an R Rated American Psycho like Joker movie, people like you lose their shit.

You want continious shit like Wonder Woman?

Don't get me wrong, I loved his 90s stuff. But he really hasn't stretched himself in so long. The 1st half of Hancock was something I never saw from him, but then it just had to go full retard.

He was one of the best things about Suicide Squad. Yeah take out some of the bad dialogue like "HOL UP" but he still has fantastic charisma and I wanted to see more of him and Harley together.

I actually wanted to see more scenes of the Squad fighting those zombie things and make it intense but this movie really had no idea what it wanted to be.

I have faith in the sequel if it is R Rated and I do hope Ayer directs again (it failing has nothing to do with him if you know what he directed in the original cut).

Sounds like a shitty PR atempt

maybe this has something to do with it

He needs to be white because he is a Philanthropist billionaire who inherited his money from his family who would have made their money in a time where it was extremely unlikely and damn near impossible to be a rich black man.

Me too. Couple of scenes I hated but never the whole movie.

Hell, I even liked the WAKE ME UP scene too much back before 2007

Ben Affleck is the best Batman.

Is Disney trying to ruin Ben?

Best Batbuild and aesthetic sure but I've yet to see him in his own solo movie.

if the average rating was 6/10 how is it rotten

Ouch. Was that Ben's first meh-directed movie, critic-wise?

>Full directing control

Sounds like someone is desperate to make themselves seem like a "Cool" Batman

Jokes on him, Batman was never cool

He could've been adopted to make this work. Its time to spice things up senpai

>white people adopting black kids like 30 years ago

Also being a successful businessman like Wayne's father would require him to not be a cuck, so it wouldn't make any sense.

>family are Philanthropists
>implying they're not adopting a black

>he is jewish

Yeah sure, with the jewish sounding 'Wayne'... in which comic did Bruce have his bar mitzva ?

I think you are confused by Bruce Wayne being played by a whiny jew in the Gotham tv show.

>another DC bom

They never had one.

How the fuck do they not have a script yet? You think they would have been working on this 24/7 the day BvS came out.

Because he wouldn't want his fortune to go to a nigger.

Make Alfred Black
Bruce Wayne is actually Martha and Alfred kid
Thomas Wayne just adopted him after to cover the truth and the scandal

Thomas just put the money while Lucius Fox was the successful businessman

There, solved.

not a completed script they are happy with.

boy you martards sure are special.

>Wondie was fine tho
She's a skeleton. Not muh Wondie.

Well I guess in this version the whole Wayne family dies that night and Batman ends up being Luscious Fox son played by Idris Elba

user should write a script and send it to Affleck. Couldn't be that hard desu.

Batman is a philanthropist. Thomas and Martha are cunts. You don't make it rich in Gotham without screwing people over and being a criminal. What we see of Bruce's parents are the biased, skewed views of a child that lost his parents before he really knows them.

They cut out the only scene in ss where harley made sense as a character, where she is fucking with the other members of the team.

>not a completed script they are happy with.

Maybe they should get off their asses than huh? They've only been working on it for how long?
Is GRRM writing it?

>R Rated American Psycho like Joker movie
Please stop.

>Is GRRM writing it?
Thanks I needed a good laugh

>classic powerplay between Ben and WB execs

They probably wanted to micromanage the movie after Live by Night and Ben won't have any of that. If this was Marvel they'll fire him on the spot like they did with Wright and put some tv director to do whatever Feige told him

>people STILL think aquaman wont be a huge standalone hit that will bring in at least $2 billion profit domestic an get race reviews for cinematography, plus nominated for several oscars including original score, but will be robbed by marvel shitter #640
LMAO@UR LIFE

Yeah, GRRM and GebeN are collaborating.

>American Psycho like Joker movie

wtf are you even talking about

He would feel this way until he sees young Idris in one of the orphanages he owns
Doing the same batman origin over and over is some Spiderman and Superman level shit.

I hurd GRRM is writing HL3 too

Martha Kane comes from a jewish family
Batwoman (Batman cousin) is jewish
this is the Wayne's funeral in a recent comic, you can see the menorah

>They cut out the only scene in ss where harley made sense as a character, where she is fucking with the other members of the team.
If you watch the special features: Margot says that David Ayer would pull her aside during takes and tell her that he wanted her to get pissed off with the actors randomly, so no doubt Ayer knew EXACTLY what he wanted and how he was directing her to act bitchy.

I wish people knew how much WB fucked up his vision and his movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=lrcMipCdhbo