What is, in your opinion, the greatest upset in boxing history?

What is, in your opinion, the greatest upset in boxing history?

Douglas over Tyson

Conor McGregor winning five rounds against Floyd Mayweather

Rise and fall of Oscar De La Hoya

>Conor McGregor winning five rounds

Ali-Foreman

Tyson-Buster, Braddock-Baer

the biggest upset is ufc fanboys after saturday KEK

>american referees are biased towards Floyd

no suprise there

>blue and pink
>rounds 2 and 3 not being 9-10
Goober got rekt, all credit to mayweather, but all fightsports judging is human garbage, both MMA and boxing, these guys are almost all cunts very likely bought off by the mafia

Tyson was such a beast back then with such an unbeatable aura around him.
There were talents out there but noone could even imagine anyone of the contenders at that time to beat him (holyfield was seen as an old has been)

But Buster Douglas? Damn that was such an upset.
Seeing what a world star mike was at the time, you could consider maybe one of the biggest upsets in sports altogether.

Real answers only please

>conor hitting Mayweather who was walking at him like a heavy bag for 5 rounds
>still couldn't stun Floyd with his """""""touch of death"""""""

The absolute state of mma striking, everyone.

Also, this

I was told he would floor McGregor in the first 3rds. McGregor never touched the mat in 10.

What was that about?
Also why won't Floyd rematch in the octagon? Is it because he is not allowed to fight there for his own safety?

There's no money fighting in a cage like rabid animals.

>Why won't he rematch in the octogon
Your casual is showing, leave. Conor and Mayweather both know how to thrown punches well. Almost all of conor's wins are from punching. A boxing match between the two is the closest thing we'd ever get to a fair fight.

Mayweather probably never thrown a kick, elbow, or taken someone down in his entire life. The outcome of that match would be even more obvious than the fight we just watched.

Also, you know damn well that wasn't the popular opinion, that Floyd would smoke him in 3. Stop lying. Most were expecting Floyd to smoke him in the late game. Floyd himself said he's going to drown Conor in the later rounds and that's exactly what happened.

Fucking causal.

Link to the right? I've recently watched forman V ali. Shit was cash

Rahman vs Lewis I

Why are you even talking about money? We were talking about Floyd safety and apparently there's not enough money in the world I could buy that inside of the octagon

>fair fight

Oh well woah now are you suggesting that Conor McGregor took on severe severe handicaps in order to allow at 40 year old man to continuously punch him in the face when he would have thrown spinning heel kick or an easy takedown and win the match in the first 10 seconds wow great story!

Kek. Stay mad conorfag. I didn't even bother reading that paragraph of salt.

Conor's punching skills got exposed. Deal with it.

>apparently there's not enough money in the world
Not enough for UFC to pay Floyd with at least, let alone pay its regular fighters.

How are Mayweather's kicking skills? I've never seen them is it possible that they don't exist? Why won't Dana allow Mayweather to fight inside of the octagon? Why did Dana say that he would protect the little baby and disqualify Connor if he did anything shady or illegal during the match? Why don't you know what the hell you're talking about?

Nobody cares about money you filthy Jew only Mayweather does and apparently his little Jewish fan kek

Bingo. Foreman seemed invincible, he walked through Frazier and Norton, everybody believed Ali was shot and this was the end of him. His subsequent "greatest ever" reputation obscured this.

>nobody cares about money
weeeeeeeeeeeewww lad.
Talk to me when UFC can pay mighty mouse the million dollar purse he deserves for fighting in that trash promotion. Same for Gustaffson, Bisping, Stipe, Cormier, Jones, etc.

How mad are you?

Any black guy winning against a white guy.

Cormier literally got paid $1,000,000 for his last fight

Yawn the kike is still talking about money and I really don't care. If they don't get paid as well and they take an ass beating greater than anything Mayweather has ever experienced in his pathetic life I guess that goes to show that fighting is not about the money now is it genius?

Not mad enough to actually believe that Connor would lose in a real fist fight to Mayweather

Tyson Fury beating Klitschko

How mad at you that you didn't get the easy when you thought you would? I bet you had a little nervous boner during round 8. Or maybe you had the bone and because you like sweaty blacks

Thank God. It's about time someone other than Lesnar, Conor, and Rousey, got paid good money to fight in the UFC.

Then tough shit for them, maybe they should switch to boxing so they can get paid more and not get swindled by Dana

Jones vs Park
Not as much an upset as a disgrace but still.

You're still talking about money in a thread dedicated to the discussion of the fighting skills of two people who make more money than you will ever see in your entire life or that I will ever seen in my entire life for that matter...
That being said I would give every penny I have to my name right now just to watch Floyd step into the octagon and brave three 5-minute rounds with Connor. Now in your heart of hearts how do you think that match will play out? Careful now I've been around the block if you shitpost I will know

>Or maybe you had the bone because you like sweaty blacks

LOL. Too bad Floyd didn't break a single sweat

Say it with me. Conor punching skills e x p o s e d

Maybe you couldn't see it from that potato you call it TV but I was watching in real time HD and Floyd at a couple sweats in between the Upper Cuts he ate. But Rejoice my friend because even though you were pathetic and every other aspect of your life you were actually equal to Mayweather in one sense, Mayweather is not allowed to fight in the Octagon the same way you or I are not allowed to fight in the octagon because we do not have the skill or athleticism to do so and our lives would be in critical Danger and the powers-that-be would not allow us to find ourselves in that situation of almost imminent death

tl;dr

Tank you for the delicious (you)s friendo.

>uppercuts did no damage
>all he needs is one left

E x p o s e d

>You're still talking about money in a thread dedicated to the discussion of the fighting skills
Nah we're both just shitposting in a thread about the biggest upsets in boxing history. At the end of the day, we're both not gonna care either.
Mayweather isn't going to fight for pennies, which is what the UFC pays.

Save all these juicy reaction images for when Floyd and Conor rematch in the octagon friend. The rematch is going to happen right? Floyd can actually best Conor as a fighter so he would do so in his own Arena and then fight Conor on his ground? This is going to happen right?

But what if Mayweather you know fought for pride... That's not as exciting to his fans? That's not exciting to mr. Mayweather? Just knowing who is the better athlete and their respective schools? I can see the mr. Mayweather beat Conor McGregor in a boxing match in 10 Rounds I saw it happen. Now why doesn't Mayweather step into the octagon with McGregor? I need to know this and I figured Sup Forums would be able to explain this

Pacquiao getting trashed by Marquez was a pretty big one. There was always the possibility Pac would lose by decision but I don't think anyone predicted old man Marquez was going to knock him spark out cold halfway through the fight. Its rare to see that brutal of a KO in a highly viewed ppv main event.

They both have the opportunity to make 100 million each again, would they (Floyd) really not do this?

I don't care about a rematch in a boxing ring I already said that Mayweather can be Connor in a boxing match big deal. I want to see Floyd fight in the octagon

>fighting for pride
Unless you suck shit or no one likes watching you fight. No one in the top level gets a chub for just fighting anymore; they need both the monetary incentive and the glory of winning.

It hurt to watch because I'm a Pacfag but boy was that one of more amazing KO's of the decade.

I seem to remember an entire fighting organization named "Pride" and maybe it's just my imagination but damn near everyone who fought in this organization proved themselves to be tougher than Mayweather

>No points deducted to mcgregor after all the hammer fist

HGH is a hell of a drug.

Grow up, seriously

Then they realized Pride paid dirt and a lot of the fighters moved to UFC to do the same thing, but this time pennies instead of dirt

If I wasn't watching it with a group I would have been in tears honestly. I came online to troll fellow Pactards to get over the grief :^)

Oh wait you haven't learned anything for you is still about the money and not about the athleticism or sport. Am I on /biz/?

Mayweather kicks exposed?

>fighting for pride
Because you are insecure
>fighting for feeling manly
Maybe because you got bullied as a child so you overcompensate in fantasy 1vs1 fighting scenarios
>fighting for respect
Maybe because even your mom is ashamed of you

Boxing is fighting for skill excellence, being the best, being a professional

MMA is fighting out of pure insecurity

There is a reason why most people just become better at some martial art (be it judo, bjj, kickboxing, boxing), compete in their sports (because the skill ceiling is high) and make some extra martial art training as hobbie, instead of mixing everything up as MMA and coming with literal shit in every fucking aspect

I respect every champion in judo, bjj, boxing, kickboxing, etc, but i couldn't respect a champion of MMA or UFC because he lacks the perfect skills and professionalism

they're not illegal.

>Mayweather kicks exposed?

Mayweather has never said he is a professional at kicking

in the other hand, mcgregor said his hands were legendary

>still about the money and not about the athleticism or sport.
>implying they don't go hand in hand
Top level fighters are never going to fight for pennies, or just pride.

The one fight I wish I had watched live...for a few seconds everyone thought he had killed him.

10 seconds after defeat Conor McGregor had a microphone shoved in his face and asked if he would continue a boxing career because he doesn't make money in UFC do you remember his reaction or were you already just masturbating to the Replay by then?

So what you are saying is that Mayweather cannot defend himself against kicks? Is it because you asked the training?

Obviously Mayweather can't defend himself against kicks, he doesn't care about them anyway

Now, if mcgregor says he is a legend at kicking too, let's see how he does against a champion in muay thai or kickboxing, i'm pretty sure it would end in the same way as the boxing match

Mcgregor isn't a professional, he is just an entertainment figure, that's why the MMA and UFC are constantly compared with the WWE, it's just entertainment without any depth

He's also $35M richer. He can do what he wants, like fight for pennies again, or fight for dimes

Keep in mind that's also purse only, so sponsorship money is also pouring in as we shitpost