Best movie in a long time, at least in my opinion

Best movie in a long time, at least in my opinion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GTWqwSNQCcg
youtube.com/watch?v=lV5XmoWC8Mo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

musicals are gay

yes but is emma stone naked in it?

500 days of Summer but replace architecture with jazz and replace being a shallow idiot with being an actor

>Best movie in a long time
MAYBE IF YOURE A FAGGOT
>at least in my opinion.
THE OPINION OF A FAGGOT LMAO

>How do you want your musical?
>I want actors who can't sing and just mumble everything over 4 repeating notes on a piano
youtube.com/watch?v=GTWqwSNQCcg

stop shilling here fucking Pajeet

not even best movie of the year

Shoo in for best original song produced for a motion picture

THE FAGGOTS IN THE ACADEMY WILL SUCK THIS MOVIE'S FAGGOT DICK, FAGGOTS ALL AROUND

As much as I hate to say it, this guy's got a point. The songs are really not there.
This is a movie with songs that really wants to be a musical.
Score, cinematography, framing, most everything else is perfect, but that's the real clincher.

better than memelash

I liked the last scene.

basically 500 days of summer but with music, likable characters, and amazing cinematography and lighting

Didn't like it. Not because it was a bad movie but because you could tell that it was just an obvious excuse to get Ryan and Emma in the same film. Neither of them are good singers, Emma Stone isn't a great actor, it was the most contrived shit I've seen in a theatre in 8 years. It's a failed musical which makes it an okay movie, but I really wish they used two other leads that might have added something more to the plot than pretty faces.

First two songs were gay as fuck. Seriously the worst. Rest of the movie was really good though.

will it appeal to people who hate musicals because they dilly-dally around the point of a conversation by singing their sentences instead of just speaking normally causing the viewer to lose his fucking mind?
because thats me.

i liked it. it didn't move me as much as whiplash did, but it's still good.

wish he didn't have to make those callbacks to whiplash (casting miles teller, talking about charlie parker, etc)

whoops i meant simmons lol

yes and no. I would just err on the side of caution and avoid. This is coming from someone who thoroughly enjoyed it.

Don't you have a gay nightclub to shoot up to bury your repressed homosexual urges?

FAGGOT UPSET HIS FAGGOT MOVIE IS LITERALLY FOR FAGGOTS

LMAO FAGGOT ALSO SHILL HARDER

Just be happy you got those two and not Miles Teller and Emma Watson

Lol. You are so mad.

Keep calling people faggots in all caps. It's amusing

it was really fucking good
cant even talk shit about it was magical

makes me really want to live in LA lol

her feet get naked

As a native Angeleno, it really pissed me off at times. Yeah, I get that it's a love letter to the industry and the city. But that end scene Emma says to take the exit which is clearly downtown. She and her husband are then shown walking down a street that is clearly Pico blvd in mid city, some ten miles from downtown, and then enter Seb's (which is actually The Mint). Same issue I had with Superbad. What, are we supposed to believe that these characters can just teleport around the city at will?!

Were there no Musical Theatre actors who were big enough names to do it? Aaron Tveit probably could've after he did Grease Live.
I think the composer wrote the music easier to accommodate who the leads were.

In my opinion this is the twentieth time ive seen this shit thread. The characters, directing, sound and music are all shit

I agree, I really loved it. It got me good twice, with her one woman show and the ending. I would quite happily give it Best Picture.

HOKAY FAGGOT, KEEP SHILLING FAGGOTLAND FAGGOT

>another person who doesn't know who was originally wanted
>as much as i hate to say it
is it because youre reddit and dont want to go against the redditors loving this? its terrible

Ryan Gosling was a Mousekateer with Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears

No, I'm not Muslim.

It's shit

I know all the capeshitters are impressed by this garbage. MUH RT

youtube.com/watch?v=lV5XmoWC8Mo

The spectacle and technical aspects were A+, but that's about all this this had going for me. Still made it worth the ticket price.

That said, for me the songs were all pretty shit and forgettable, the story was vapid and mostly insulting, and its style/tone/heart was so mechanical and fabricated feeling that it gave me the same uneasy feeling you get with the uncanny valley effect every so often. Nothing really felt genuine about it, even though I could tell it was trying really hard to come off as genuine.

>hollywood self-masturbation
>white people shit

it's garbage

Was just about to post this. I can't believe straight males enjoy this genre.

>Numale Redditors: The Thread

Their cars are all facing the wrong way.

would it be weird if I went to watch this alone

What an ugly shot.

I plan on doing this tomorrow

DO YOU SUCK DICKS?

THIS IS FAGGOT MOVIE FOR FAGGOTS, FAGGOT

LIKE THOSE REST STOPS WHERE ALL THE FAGGOTS MEET UP TO SUCK DICKS, THATS THE THEATER PLAYING THIS MOVIE

LA IS GARBAGE, FREEWAYS AND CESSPITS

Best song so damn catchy. What an opening scene

La La Land is The Artist of our time

aka nobody gives a shit about it anymore

>The Artist
dompletely forgot about that

good thing your opinion is worthless just like your life

Musical Theatre actors cant do it in film. On the stage, your expressions have to be large and in charge for the cheap seats to be able to see.
"But theyre pros of course they can act!!!!!"
Yea.. not really. Look at Kristen Chenowith, the girl from glee, or that gay guy that got a show in like 2012 that was canned by midseason. Historically, Musical Theatre actors who transition into film/tv cant do well, because film and tv requires more nuance and smaller movements compared to the overexaggeration in musical theatre.

>Look at Kristen Chenowith
KEK, THIS IS A GOOD EXAMPLE

LITERALLY CANNOT STOP FLAILING HER ARMS

SAW HER IN RV THAT ROBIN WILLIAMS MOVIE BEFORE HE KILLED HIMSELF

Early 2000s Gap ad aesthetic

Loved this

>uses the word numale
>calls other people Redditors

those that means is an "anti-romantic" movie like 500?

>I'll always love you

What did she mean by this?

Weak bait

You have to go back

ALLIED

Fuck off you fucking retard. I hate repressed projecting fags too but the night club shooter showed no evidence of repressed homosexual urges. Stop covering for Islam.

>Was at one point set to star Miles Teller and Emma Watson. Teller was dropped from the project in favor of Ryan Gosling, while Watson dropped out to pursue other projects.

someone in the crowd is catchy as fuck.

Thank God

How is it compared to Moulin rouge and Chicago?

Its not directed by Baz Luhrman and it doesn't have Richard Gere singing. It's great.

>Was at one point set to star Miles Teller
>Miles Teller

Best part is that Teller didn't want to do it because not enough shekels

I can understand why you would assume that, but you're wrong. Those aren't two opposing lanes on one street; they're two on ramps from two different freeways merging onto what looks like the 105.

i see this and i just think Old Navy. people keep talking about how good looking this movie is but it must be all the scenes that aren't in any of the trailers or pictures because i'm not seeing anything you don't see in mainstream ad campaigns