Little Dark Age will save indie

Little Dark Age will save indie

Dead serious, it's that good. It'll bring rock back to the forefront again.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!LclGRYQZ!v9yeh0digL3aqOp3NTJ7BA
mega.nz/#!igkDmRSY!g92j2qmgjsT7gC0ikKBWu40mPNNwnhbAa8y34yguzgo
youtube.com/watch?v=x9KLyrX9MN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>pop album
Indie is in a little Dark Age is what the band is saying in this album

link?

mega.nz/#F!LclGRYQZ!v9yeh0digL3aqOp3NTJ7BA

save indie age little dark will

serious, It'll bring good dead back to the forefront rock again

Thank you user

Indie was already saved.

>Indie was already saved.
this

MGMT still couldn't top this for aoty

No one knows wtf this is. It has no impact on the indie scene. No arguement

this

>muh impact

it's the best noise rock album released this decade, let us enjoy it jesus

>I don't pay attention to new music
>I'm ignorant about trends happening in the underground
>Somehow this is an argument

whoa take it easy man

It might be a really great album but op is talking about the saving the indie scene. This band doesn’t have much influence over that you must admit

MGMT don't have influence outside of reddit.

You are very delusional

>indie scene

In what sense are MGMT indie? They make pop music, and are signed to a major label. They aren't indie in the musical or literal sense. If anything they'll be making influence in the pop scene (the scene they are operating in) and not in the indie scene

t. only listened to Electric Feel

this
mgmt is going to get big sales and big press and bring indie back to the spotlight with a triumphant release. rap's days are numbered

First, not an argument. Second, not true I listened to the new album. Third, if you think MGMT aren't pop you're literally fucking brain damaged.

They aren't indie, how can they bring indie into the spotlight?

Musically they are “indie” like it or not that’s how the mainstream looks at it. They served as a great bridge from mainstream pop to indie pop in the late 2000s. With the hype they are getting now they are going to push more people back into the indie crowd. The indie crowd is dissipating right now because no one cares and are moving on lot different genres but if mgmt comes back in style there will be more interest in the scene creating more artists and more consumers for those artists

I didn't say they aren't pop. They are. Sometimes.
Now go listen to Congratulations and S/T in their entirety.

indie pop

Anyone have a link to this? Heard a few songs and they're fucking awesome.

They are synth pop, not indie pop. THey have more influence from 80s synthpop and new wave bands than anything indie. They are not indie, they are not part of an indie scene. This thread is retarded and you guys just want to pretend you aren't all fawning over a pop album. Get over yourselves. MGMT is no more "indie" than Mumford and Sons. They just make better music.

>fighting over genretag
that's so not punk rock of you Sup Forums

>being this retarded

>not synthpop

This must be bait or you’re really retarded. Listen to Congratulations and S/T and then come back and see how stupid your responses are .

mega.nz/#!igkDmRSY!g92j2qmgjsT7gC0ikKBWu40mPNNwnhbAa8y34yguzgo

thanks senpai

the first album was straight up indie pop and the forefather of a lot of that early 2010s indie electronic sound that got some mainstream popularity (Foster the people, Gotye, etc)

>THey have more influence from 80s synthpop and new wave bands than anything indie
It depends on which album you're listening to.
youtube.com/watch?v=x9KLyrX9MN0

Man this isn't as good as Kids or the new album.

not an argument

I've heard it you faggots, just like every other self-hating hipster who goes into a starbucks every once in a while. They aren't indie in any sense. and just posting the same albums over and over again as if it's some kind of point doesn't mean shit.

How was it indie? What made it "indie pop" and not "psychadelic pop" Or "synth pop?" What specifically indie bands influenced them? Oh wait none and you're just trying to pretend they aren't a mainstream pop act when they are.

As I said, they're basically as indie as Mumford and Sons, except they make better music.

remember when MGMT had a song with kid cudi

Then what the fuck is indie to you then? You know it means more than being signed to an independent label now right?

the only time Kid Cudi was cool

I don't care enough to argue with your dumb ass.

Your only argument is
>but they are not indie to meee!
Come on dude

Indie is when something either takes direct influence from known artists that represent indie music as a whole (Pavement, Sufjan Stevens, lots others), is part of or rose out of an independent scene surrounded by other indie musicians, or is literally signed to an independent label. There are a set of sounds that are signifiers of "indie" that are hard to describe but can be recognized from influences when heard. Now can you give me a reason why MGMT should be considered indie other than "muh Congratulations" or "muh s/t." Seriously explain to me what makes them more indie than Mumford and Sons. I'm curious.

No. They are not indie by literally any sane persons definition of indie. I haven't gotten one real reason why they should be considered indie other than people spamming the same two albums at my over and over, which isn't an argument.

>40 posts
>9 IPs
The absolute state of Sup Forums.

eat my shorts homer

It’s ok to admit you’re wrong

I'll take that as a concession then. Try harder next time. Kek, I can't believe I just argued with a bunch of raging aspies who actually thought fucking MGMT were indie. Sup Forums really is overrun with high schoolers.

Guys, can we just agree that MGMT is indie? I have 4 hours til school starts and I haven't slept a wink.

Explain to me what makes them more indie than Mumford and Sons and you can go to bed.

>a bunch of raging aspies
that was like 2 people

Pic-related is sad guys.

Also I love MGMT as much as the next non-faggot here but I don't think they're going to "come back in style", not to the extent they were with the big 3 singles for OS. If this album's title track didn't do it I don't see much else here doing it.