Why do black people like Tame Impala so much?

Why do black people like Tame Impala so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xYKJj3f5qCA
youtube.com/watch?v=784Qdy8YeJ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I saw them at MPP co headlining with M83

There were no blacks there.

I also left like 2 songs into Tame Impalas set

black people don't do acid

Heh, is there really a lot of black people into them?

I had a manager at my old job who mostly listened to rap who loved them, but I didn't think it was a common thing?

tame impala is white ppl music so much

oops misread op xd

I have never met a black person under the age of 30 that listens to anything else other than hip-hop. And yes, I do interact with black people. The idea of a young, black man listening to rock is honestly absurd to me.

Black people like mgmt more than Tame Impala.

No, no, I've seen it quite a bit from a few black people. They're even getting sampled by them now. And then there was Rihanna who just literally sang one of their records and put it on her album.

No, shit like Taylor is.

That can't be true, just look at the current younger rappers. Half aren't even making hip hop.

black people listen to rock and it's not uncommon at all

black people like mcr

>The idea of a young, black man listening to rock is honestly absurd to me.
Same

Interesting bait strategy, interested to see the (you) haul.

Is it bad that they listen to what they're supposed to? If they listened to a variety of stuff it could become difficult programming them to do drugs and steak sneakers... Or worse still, what if they looked back on their musical heritage (which is grand) and felt pride in themselves! Yikes!

Hip Hop does perpetuate black men's identity as niggers. I guarantee there's a rich old southern white man behind it all.

Most black people don't even know what Tame Impala is

Ted Turner

I'm black and I do acid

Sorry, your black card has been revoked til you can return with a 40 and a blunt; bonus points for crack.

I got some chitlins, that good enough?

>why does [large subset of people] like [extremely popular band]?
Quit bein a faggot, lad

Hip black people are totally aware of Tame Impala. What a lot of Sup Forums doesn't know is they already listen to way better shit than Tame Impala so they don't have to. They listen to better rap than white people, along with better RNB, soul, and then gospel if they're religious.

Nice try, race fag, all people's are the same with no defining characteristics; especially not negative ones.

There's at least three black people at every metal show I got to. I know this because they're easy to spot in a sea of white.

Jimi Hendrix did acid

The metal blacks always seem to have Mohawks and battlejackets too!

Wait, did I just racism by making an observation that makes a distinction attributable to a race? Fuck, there's just no avoiding it!

they chomp shrooms like it's a party drug though
t. guy that has been to a couple black parties

The reason they don't listen to rock music is because society associates rock music with white people. This is absurd, but it's true. Personally I know a lot of metal heads and rock fans that wouldn't mind seeing black people enjoying the music. There seems to be a recent stereotype of metalheads being racist thanks to a couple of uninformed articles on NSBM, a very small minority of bands, that for some reason people are starting to associate with an entire genre.

They're always seem to be the most enthusiastic ones too.

>I guarantee there's a rich old southern white man behind it all.
yeah a Southern man named Goldberg or Schwartz

(((Goldberg or Schwartz)))

>Rihanna who just literally sang one of their records and put it on her album
yeah this is a pretty confusing move they went for as close as they could get to a 1:1 recreation of the song production and everything she even tried to sing it like him

rihanna
youtube.com/watch?v=xYKJj3f5qCA

original
youtube.com/watch?v=784Qdy8YeJ4

Because Lonerism came out when I was in high school and I was really into psych pop so I loved it and now it feels nostalgic and I still occasionally listen to it.