>Not a single one of them is a melodic death metal album
Really makes you think

WITHOUT EVEN TRYINNNNNGGG
LET THIS LIGHT EXPLOOOOODE

post sludge

>post-sludge
gay

Eyehategod

there really isn't a single song with better under-solo riffs than cast down the heretic

Name a metal genre worse than melodic "death metal". deathcore/metalcore/corsetcore doesn't count since those aren't actually metal.

don't bully

RED
CRIMSON RED
AM I THE INVISIBLE BOY?
FEEL THE STRAP CROSS MY BACK
YEEEAAH I’M THE NEW WHIPPING BOY

revival thrash

shitty doom/death and funeral doom played by mournful cocksuckers.

>glam

thrash metal
black metal
regular death metal
doom metal
anything with "grind" in it
power metal
speed metal

happy to deliver, pleb

>there are no melodic death metal albums on a first wave black metal chart
Incredible

did I start a meme storm by mentioning melodeath in the last thread or is this shit going on all the time?

Why can't /metal/ ever have a decent discussion about melodeath? I swear no genre has ever riled /metal/ up more than melodeath, not even atmoblack. It's like as soon as some user hears a few seconds of Insomnium he has to have an autistic fit that gets everyone in the general to join him.

>mfw heavy, trad, and NWOBHM are still king

the meme storm is constant, you just made it melodeath themed

>this is concerned to be peak metal according to a few melomeme loving anons here
How embarrassing
youtube.com/watch?v=WKuzhIQ_wNE

>melomemefags
youtube.com/watch?v=gi3qC_zQ4Po

I'm not sure but I think there might be a decent song there underneath all the static

Suggest good sex metal
Usually put on NIN
Tried Finntroll once

Enough shitposting, can we get some actually good melodeath in this thread?
youtube.com/watch?v=NF9kBttkaAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WjTPG7q3AR8
youtube.com/watch?v=n9AcG0glVu4

Angela is waifu

>he doesn’t rate WASP- The Crimson Idol

Paysage d'hiver

youtube.com/watch?v=3009z1wWf3o

tight

bell witch

Judas Priest- Grinder, Hot Rockin, Island of Domination, Touch of Evil
Accept- Turn Me On, London Leatherboys
Manowar- Gloves of Metal

>the trve virgin
>the nu-chad

melodeath is a keyword for straight-forward harmonic progressions and dumbed down melodies for retards who can't handle dissonance.

>nu-male metal
>only ONE melodeath album

dragged into sunlight

youtube.com/watch?v=0dhkzngfmng
brutal

post great doom death
youtube.com/watch?v=miBXXrSmI-M&t=474s

fun metal

wtf are you waiting for? everything great was posted here thousand times already.

I don't lurk meal 24 hours a day

what song had the first blastbeat ?

first wave is boring

some shit jazz from the 40s i bet

This.
Melodic death metal is gay thrash anyways.

i thought the red in the sky is ours was pretty decent but im not too much of a fan of the swedish sound

I don't know why you imply this general disagrees with you

You really have to wonder what goes in the mind of a melodeathfag. I can understand liking it even if the genre isn't to my taste but imagine loving it to the point where you consider the Gothenburg scene and so on as the height of metal. The genre pretty much prides itself on how little it has to actually do with real death metal, most of the vocalists barely grow they do these raspy half-shouted half-grunted vocals that sound like half-baked attempts at the throatier growls of bands like Torchure or Morbid Angel circa Altars. The riffage is typically watered-down King Diamond/Iron Maiden riffs spliced in with the occasional palm-muted chugs that bottom out to fill in the "death metal" aspect of the genre. It's like melodeathfags want to listen to NWOBHM but they want to feel "tough" for doing so which is why they eat up bands that throw slightly harsh yelling and sparse chugging on top of traditional metal riffing.

>tfw that ending of The Oath
As it was at the beginning
Iiiiiiis noooow and ever shall beeeeeeee

the only ones i disagree with are type o negative and gorguts
do nu-males really listen to these? they don't seem artsy or alt enough to be on here

melodeath fans annihilated xDDD

the bait that keeps on catching

i know it's bait, but type o negative doesn't really fit the rest

median testosterone level of this thread: 15

I know it's all shit posting, but how does one justify their meme love of NWOBHM along with their meme hate of melodic death metal when the former is even more formulaic than the latter?

logic is for soyboys

Does /metal/ like Satyricon? I've never really listened to them, but I just re-watched Until The Light Takes Us, Frost seems like such a queer

The former doesn't put up any front of trying to be something it's not, this lets traditional metal express its ideas far more competently than melodeath. This riff alone is better than the entirety of melodeath as a genre:
youtube.com/watch?v=H5HPyjhq3ao

All I know that Mother North is a good song

>NWOBHM
>everything from Priest worship, to punk-metal hybrids, to doomy Sabbath-lite, to proto-extreme speed metal, to revved-up glam rock
>formulaic

fpbp

>genre: melodic death metal

reddit newfag

kek. This should be the right answer.
>The former doesn't put up any front of trying to be something it's not
Wtf does this mean? Why set the standard on melodeath but not NWOBHM? NWOBHM is far more melodic compared to the earlier metal bands like Sabbath/Pentagram/Flower Travellin Band. By your bullshit argument NWOBHM is also trying to be something else by turning the metal that came before into cheesy overly melodic watered down stuff.
Yes considering most of it has the same melodic progressions and tonal centers.

These three posts worry me because the number of people that are taking the shitposting seriously is higher than the ones not taking it seriously.

Few really like NWOBHM though. It is mostly shit though for reasons states
it's mostly meh worship spruced up with some catchy tunes, and if it was any good it usually was done far better by following genres. discount bin Priest/Motorhead/Sabbath

all metal without a direct line of influence from the NWOBHM sucks
good metal proceeds from Venom, Priest by way of Maiden, or Motörhead

RAW

youtube.com/watch?v=StPkkYAHE2Y

stoner/doom comes straight from black sabbath though
and you can’t really say a lot of the more progressive extreme metal is directly influenced by Venom

still my favourite record
haven't been able to find another album with that killer cold tone

Which is the best song on this album?

strawpoll.com/z863cpe5

GRANDAD!!!!

Trad (I'll refer to it as that as opposed to NWOBHM) expanded on the genre by introducing a faster paced and more intricate riffing style not seen before within the genre. Melodeath is the dilution of that to fit in with the """"""death metal""""""" influence in the genre hence why I set the standard on melodeath and not on trad. The vocal style in trad suits its riffs better whereas in melodeath it leaves to much to be desired. All I can think of when I listen to melodeath is "Huh, why am I not listening to some actual death metal" Or "damn, I'd rather put on some actual traditional metal" as opposed to listening to a weak fusion of the two. Just compare At The Gates' Slaughter of the Soul to Them by King Diamond, it's clear where the influence for the riffs on SotS came from (the fact that Andy Larocque performs a guest solo on Cold is no coincidence) but one can clearly see how SotS is a simplified, poppier version of Them DESPITE how the band utilizes a harsher vocal style. It's how I view melodeath with respect to traditional metal.
Also there's trad out there that utilizes the harmonic structures found within the genre while sounding far darker than the doom metal classics
youtube.com/watch?v=syQiJ6KK1KA

I loved the album but didn't realise there was a 10 minute demo version as well

Present as summoned!

youtube.com/watch?v=uGU9M5rTX_I

>a harsher vocal style
Maybe, but tourists have a much easier time lisening to At The Gates's vocals than Chad Diamond's glorious falsettos, so harsher doesn't mean less accesible.

gay

even gayer

Now I really want to see a Chad Peterson vs Virgin (((Lindberg))) picture

Speaking of chads and virgins has anyone ever made a virgin Dickinson/chad Di'anno picture before?

Hey, the soyboy detectors worked.

>Trad (I'll refer to it as that as opposed to NWOBHM)
Why would you do that? I am very much referring to a very particular subset of Trad.
>expanded on the genre by introducing a faster paced and more intricate riffing style not seen before within the genre
Intricate in that more notes are involved? Yes. But a lot of it for example did the same thing everyone's accusing melodic death of, so it's actually harmonically far less complex as there's non-existent chromaticism. Hell, even if we look at Maiden, every other Maiden track will do that seventh fret A string power chord followed by third fret followed by fifth fret on so many of their songs. NWOBHM is nowhere near as heavy as its older trad counterparts as well because of it's focus on melodic speedy stuff.
>Melodeath is the dilution of that to fit in with the """"""death metal""""""" influence in the genre hence why I set the standard on melodeath and not on trad.
As I mentioned above, the two things are completely different from earlier trad to NWOBHM. And thus this is still an unfair comparison to have because you refuse to treat different approaches as their own thing.
>The vocal style in trad suits its riffs better whereas in melodeath it leaves to much to be desired
Harsh vocals often match the texture of the music they are being played with. They were first used to pair with increasingly raw music, then lower pitched to match lower pitched metal and higher pitched to match higher pitched metal. Melodic death exists in a format where the guitars are distorted more so than NWOBHM and tuned much lower as well. Makes sense why have those harsh vocals. In some melodic death albums they even adjust the vocals to the guitar playing.

>All I can think of when I listen to melodeath is "Huh, why am I not listening to some actual death metal" Or "damn, I'd rather put on some actual traditional metal" as opposed to listening to a weak fusion of the two.
Melodic Death metal doesn't stick to the samey tonal centers that NWOBHM does, and by having that thrash/death influence is able to bring about similar riffs in a different way, too. Not only that, it's far more viscerally rewarding than NWOBHM can ever be. Again, you gotta stop just thinking the historical context and just look at it like its own thing because all you see is just "muh watered down".
>SOTS vs Them
SOTS is far heavier, SOTS has less solos, SOTS has far more slower groovier sections to it, SOTS is far more melancholic than "happy" in tone, SOTS has a higher variety of riffs because of the obvious death metal influence (it relies a lot on pedal points but is nowhere near as reliant on them as Them even then.) I would say Them has a couple songs with a more intricate structure but then if we are going by that, why not bring in Dark Traquility's The Gallery or At The Gates' The Red In The Sky Is Ours, both of which are far more structurally complex than any NWOBHM?

Also that Doomsday song is a terrible example of darker sounds when it's so upbeat. Note to mention that song's not chromatic either.

>can't stand Obscura
>adore Colored Sands
Am I a numale?

we now proceed to trigger the nu-male:
youtube.com/watch?v=FcZAj1MPpeo

Yes.

>nu-male triggers
ok
GO!
youtube.com/watch?v=Be_Yd9VjclA

they're both nu-metal albums

dammit

De-nu-maleify yourself. Peep Erosion Of Sanity it's not as batshit as Obscura so easier to listen to despite not being nu male.

youtube.com/watch?v=V1sKhkxfefA

just give me something with a saxophone in it

fabulous metal posts again
your shit is homo as fuck and you are homo as fuck. kys

my ass in ten minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk7T0-fTsQk

youtube.com/watch?v=jpW9fzDDlOo

youtube.com/watch?v=FLZYbsd2GQs

was looking for something with sax lately, haven't found much, music is shit as always

youtube.com/watch?v=Tm7PlEkZAGU
youtube.com/watch?v=j9ZsInheYf0
youtube.com/watch?v=me2L0bHcLZo