/heem/: Weidman Edition

Upcoming events:
espn.com/mma/schedule

News:
bjpenn.com/
markhunt.tv/

Previous thread:

Who is your favourite woman MMA fighter in the UFC? My favorite fighter is Aspen Ladd.

>can't win over fat 40 year old without roiding

What did he mean by this?

>Weidman op

Watching every single UFC from 108 - 201 (I'm unironically a 202er). I'm watching 126 rn. So far would have to say the best cards have been 110, 113, 121, and 123.

/HEEM/ PREDICTS UFC FIGHT NIGHT 115

Alexander Volkov vs. Stefan Struve
Marion Reneau vs. Talita de Oliveira
Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Rob Wilkinson
Leon Edwards vs. Bryan Barberena

@77925764
(You)

he looked like a bum in the OSP fight he knew he couldn't take on DC natty

Sounds like fun, user. Hopefully you plan on watching the early UFCs and the better PRIDE shows next.

I wish I had that kind of time. Sound like a good plan for retirement.

>50-44
>bum
Grow up.

Thanks man, could you recommend some PRIDE events?

is he practicing is Kegels?

He's got a horseshoe up his ass

Total Elimination 2004, the opening round of the HW GP
It serves as a great intro to Pride and what made them unique, and every single fight is fantastic

>tiny men running the fight game

How would you ideally like to see Conor finish his career?
>defends against Ferguson/lee
>fights Frankie for 145lbs
>fights GSP for 170lbs
>retires

Conor isn't making 145lbs

>t.196er

plane crash

eye needs to be cut if she loses this one

This

If you think Conor will ever return to 145, you're deluded

He put on too much muscle and he already looked like shit when making FW a few years ago. Getting older and fighting higher up in weight won't help.

>oh so you a wrestler now

>oh so you a boxer now

user rekt

By joining a real gym.

>defends belt
>fights nate again
>fights max again but at lw
>fights bork for one last cash in and rides off into the sunset

Why are you expecting him to retire so soon? He will fight for at least 5 more years and will probably box again as well.

Good points honestly, would be interesting to compare cards from last year to cards from this
Fight Nights that is

Khabib in Russia would be an amazing spectacle.

this is a nice upcoming events link

i just can't see him fighting any up and coming contenders apart from maybe gaethje if he goes on a good run

he's already kind of outgrown the ufc and there'll be no more room to grow by fighting 10 more times

What time will Shogun/OSP be on at? Will Bellator be on at normal time, then Shogun/OSP after/before?

It's plausible he'd lose 2-3 of his next 10 fights aswell, he'd lose his aura.

>no good ufc events till October 7th

yeah, he definitely will want to go out on a good win so it could expedite his retirement

nice. is it modifiable? would love to add events from rizin, lionfight, metamoris etc

>oblique kick, oblique kick, spinning elbow, oblique kick....

real fucking champ material right here

>calendarsperg on suicide watch

Bellator 183 will be good.

As opposed to what? Holding a 40 year old Anderson Silva down?

Do you think if Conor had trained his cardio instead of this movement bullshit he might have been a better fighter against Diaz the first time and Mayweather?

No, and no

Cardio can be trained to an extent, but Conor has probably already reaching his max cardio potential.

Gaychi would heem Goober badly, that dude has granite chin, crazy stamina and hits like a truck.

It's only a matter of time before Gaethje gets heemed, and Conor would probably heem him.

>le split decision man vs literal who
I'll only watch if my boy mvp is on the card

i think it could be a great fight

i would still favour conor though

>Not knowing the Freires
>Not wanting to see Lorenz Larkin vs Paul Daley
ok casual

You don't get it man. He used to be this unstoppable, creative machine who finished all of his fights and made it look easy. It didn't look like there would ever be any real competition for him... and now you tell me his fight against OSP was anything to write home about?

Don't forget to bring you balls pussy.

>Bellator will be in Israel in November

I didn't know Jews liked MMA

OSP literally didn't do anything to Jones, tho. Jones was preparing for DC, don't forget that.

I can't find a start time, but it's a Japanese card so I'm assuming it's during irregular hours

Ehh I looked up the card and I'll actually probably check it out, larkin vs Daley could be spicy plus big country debut
Top kek if whoever is fighting aaron pico heems him too

jews own mma

If somehow Kevin Lee wins against Ferguson, and somehow, SOMEHOW, Conor decides to fight the winner instead of Khabib, the UFC will literally be kill.

Luckily from what Artem has said, Conor's camp have no interest in Kevin Lee at this stage, so the interim belt won't mean shit.

There's also Justin Gaethje, really unfair how he's not fighting for the interim. It really is a bunch of bullshit that Kevin Lee talked his way into an interim belt.

He needa carb the fuck up.

Lee has been very active finished his last 4 fights.

Kevin Lee is on a 5 wins streak

Gaethje just exchanged CTE with MJ

How does he deserve an interim more

because he's undefeated, ranked higher and Michael Johnson will knock out Lee and everybody Lee's ever beat.

Gaethje needs one or two more fights in the UFC before getting a title shot. Don't forget, that MJ fight was his debut in the octagon.

Alvarez was 2-1 in in the UFC before he got a title shot, and I think if he'd managed to win the Cowboy fight he only would have needed one more win to get the shot. Gaethje probably has the same kind of contract.

eye is a prime case of "fucking the boss"

Gaethje should fight Barboza, then if he wins that, Alvarez. If he wins them both, he's ready for a title shot.

probably true you know. his nutrition coach put him on keto so he could get down to 5% body fat and have as much muscle as possible for the fights. really naive to think more muscle means better performance.

Gaethje is already booked against Alvarez at the end of the next TUF. If he wins that he's getting the next title shot.

Kevin Lee is a future champion

the one that got away...

If Alvarez can get a shot off 2 split decisions and a loss, Gaethje can get one from finishing MJ and winning Alvarez, who he's scheduled to fight next

Though I don't think he should, in a stacked division like Lightweight with a Champ who's been out, there are other contenders like Khabob and Ferguson.

i wanted to see naganow fight pretty dissapointed its off now

Let's make predictions on how long this marriage lasts.

I give it 8 months. You heard it here first.

I like how before the fight everyone was saying that all Conor needed was one punch to knock out Mayweather and after the fight everyone's ecstatic about how he landed 111, despite all of them showing that he has no power.

What a fucking participation trophy.

Which fighter is this?

Sage Northcutt's sparring partner.

Conor's power is literally a marketing meme they used to sell the fight. Chad Mendes himself said Conor isn't that powerful, just very fast and precise
That's not to say he doesn't have power, but it was so massively overrated

I wonder what their boning sessions look like

Look mate, the odds of Conor winning where 40 to 1. Everyone knew this, but because of the many factors involved (Floyd's age, the fact that's been retired for 2 years, Conor's apparent punching power) people hoped that small chance of Conor winning would materialise. The bets reflect this: 80% of the bets were put on Conor, but they were very small bets. Turns out he lost, and nobody is surprised, yet boxing fans are literally like "hahahah fucking faggot thought he would win". Ridiculous.

we underestimated how gay boxing gloves are

Would you rather live have speed or power?

Bet on Jessica Eye. Literally. Paige has never avoided a punch and she can't do her meme hip toss on her.

double KO

*head and arm throw

Name a fighter who put on too much muscle.

johny hendricks

precision beats power, timing beats speed

>Look mate, the odds of Conor winning where 40 to 1.

You could run that fight a thousand times and Conor would win none of them. CM Punk unironically had a better chance of beating Gall than Conor did of beating Floyd Mayweather jr.

I just want people to admit that they were being delusional and that Floyd put on a show rather than Conor being some absurdly good boxer out of nowhere.

Reminder that Ngannou will be champ by the halfway point of next year

That's my point
Conor's own meme phrase says he's not all power yet they still managed to sell the fight in spite of that lel

> floyd put on a show
So that's why you won't stop. You're pissed off that he looked like dogshit and won via EPO.

Miesha's such a butter face holy sit

>he looked like dogshit
He was in Conor's face the entire fight with nothing but a high guard. He was insanely aggressive. That means that he will get hit.

He didn't look dogshit, he just fought like a guy with absolutely no respect for the guy he was fighting.

>won via EPO

he won via throwing 10 punches in the first 3 rounds instead of 150 Conors punches

>MMGay
>real fighting

Reminder that in a real fight a boxer would kill the MMGay fighter any day of the week. Real fights are done standing up, only autistic people try to grapple and wrestle in a real fight.

He had to come forward and get hit because Conor was faster and had better timing and reflexes. Conor just lacked Floyd's EPO so he lost.

Holloway or Ferguson have the chops to go 12 rounds and would have UD'd Mayweather. He sucks.

Why do MMA fighters have such baby chins compared to boxers?

>Conor was faster and had better timing and reflexes