The Force binds all living things

>the Force binds all living things
>every living creature is important
>"luminous beings are we, not this crude matter"
>unless we're talking about an army of cloned people of course, then they can be treated like disposable canon fodder slaves without any human rights and I will have no problem with it whatsoever, I will even lead those armies of slaves into the battle
>"Wars not make one great"
were clones good friends?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mc-jLWyxZjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

watch Clone Wars

they were treated like bros and comrades by most of the jedi generals. there was one jedi who treated them like trash but thats it

That's the whole point, Yoda's hypocrisy fucked over the entire galaxy, by the time ESB rolls along he's learned from his mistakes and retired to his shitty hovel where he can't hurt anyone anymore.

>"luminous beings are we, not this crude matter"
>oh apart from the midiclorians that live inside your cells the more you have the stronger you are, so it does matter

could they quit the army and go live simple farmers life somewhwere nice? had they any choice in being part of the military? were they allowed to retire? were they payed? weren't they literally goverment property?
the fact that some of their owners treated them ok that not change the fact that they were slaves

it is never adressed prequel apologist-san, Yoda in prequels never said he regretted waging war. he just says he goes into hiding because of Sheev. what you wrote is your headcanon

I think they were genetically engineered to love fighting for the empire. So yeah they maybe could have quit but it would have never occured to them.

there was an episode where one clone abandoned the army and started a family with a Twilek and had little twilek half breed children

most clones don't give a fuck though, they know they are artificial beings and just roll with it

midichlorians doesn't give you force powers

it's simply a cellular indicator of force sensitivity

it's like flies that swarm to garbage

You're the same type of person to argue AI need rights too, when people made them that way. Fucking idiot.

>he just says he goes into hiding because of Sheev
he never even says that. yoda's reason for being on dagobah was never explained in the ot; it was most likely just a reference to the "wise old master living in obscurity" story tradition

No. The vast majority were brainwashed from "birth" to be absolutely obedient to any orders, and to be satisfied with their lives as drone soldiers. They were sterile, would die only after a few decades at most.

Some were specifically designed to be more capable of independent action and thought (special forces and leadership positions), and these ones actually did rebel occasionally.

>into exile I must go, failed I have

right after Sheev

thats in ep 3

OP, do yourself a fucking favor and watch The Clone Wars.

The FIRST FUCKING EPISODE (EPISODE FUCKING ONE) is about Yoda bonding with a group of Clones.

And in the movies, Obi-Wan and Yoda discuss how they had no choice but to use the Clones (AotC) and in RotS Yoda expresses deep regret on the decisions of the Jedi throughout, and prior to the war.

never mind. i misread your original post

and ou're saying that brainwashing people from birth into being soldiers for a galactic state that doesnt recognize them as citizens is somehow ok and is not against Yodas teachings? thats literally what bad guys do in Ep VII and is one of the big points in establishing why they're bad

>that doesnt recognize them as citizens
They are recognized as citizens though.

They even got retirement homes.

>watch The Clone Wars
thanks, but I'm over 16 yo
>Yoda bonding with a group of Clone
they still were brainwashed slaves, and Yoda doesnt mind uding them as tools for waging wars. it goes against everything he represents

How does the Republic not have it's own army?

>They are recognized as citizens though
then why are only they conscripted into the army, and rest of citizens are not? they are second class citizens then at best, and Republic was supposed to be about equality and democracy.

>could they quit the army and go live simple farmers life somewhwere nice?
>had they any choice in being part of the military?
At least one did in an episode. It's not permitted, but the Clones turned a blind eye. Most are proud to fight because they have no reason other to believe they are heroes saving the Galaxy.

>were they allowed to retire?
Yes

>were they payed?
Don't know

>weren't they literally goverment property?
Jedi property. They were treated very favorably by the Jedi. They were even given paid leave, and even allowed to go fuck about and get drunk. The Empire tossed them aside with little help though.

>the fact that some of their owners treated them ok that not change the fact that they were slaves
Yoda expresses this sentiment in both the show and movies, but the alternative was surrendering to the CIS. Obi-Wan states in AotC to Yoda that they simply have no choice, even though they know it is wrong. And it leads to the Jedi's downfall.

>thanks, but I'm over 16 yo
Right, then you are denying yourself objectively the best peice of Star Wars media that currently exists, because you're trying to sound pretentious on Sup Forums.

Because they had no choice. Why is this hard to understand? Also there were non-Clone recruits, but the Clone Army was required to defend against the seemingly endless and unstoppable droid factories.

>It's not permitted
>Jedi property
totally not slaves guise, Yoda would be totally ok with it

Shit, that dropship landing was cool

Are you not reading my post? Yoda wasn't ok with it. It is repeatedly brought up in the series and the movies that the Jedi were not happy with what they were doing.

The Season 5 Finale has a Jedi go full fucking Jihad, setting up a suicide bomb (yes im dead serious) in protest of what the Jedi were doing.

Here is her trail speech. Please give it a listen. She's telling them the truths they all know, but don't want to face:

youtube.com/watch?v=mc-jLWyxZjI

Dave Filoni, the guy in charge of the show (he made it alongside Lucas) even says in an interview how she was right, and they wanted to dispel this myth that the Jedi were supposed to be portrayed as right. In fact the entire Prequel Trilogy is showing the Jedi at their worst, and that is completely intentional. It's how Anakin turned in the first place.

yeah he disagrees with the person who put them in as slaves, but that doesn't prevent him from interacting with them to instill with them a form of individualism, does it? Yoda was all about individualism and letting your inner will guide your decisions? I hate brainlets

i don't understand how the force works. Does everybody have the power? is it just the sensitivity levels that makes people stronger?

The Force flows through everybody. Han flying through an asteroid field with astronomical survival odds is because the Force guided him.

But to use powers requires a special gift of force sensitivity, which is generally random at birth.

NOT CANON REEEEEEEEE

>all the other clones are pinned down by droids
>teardrop guy has the time to stand up, remove his helmet, wander over to the Jedi and shoot her
>she doesn't even react to the blaster in her face
This fuckin scene, man.

It's 100% Canon

It contradicts the movies on several occasions and the Original Trilogy in the 70s and 80s wasn't written with their existence in mind. They're only "canon" for marketing purposes

how does it contradict the movies?

No it doesn't, not even once. Stop talking out your asshole about shit you clearly dont know about.

>Something literally made by Lucas himself isn't canon
Give me a break

lucas made han shooting first.

it might be canon, but it's still fucking stupid

looks retarded

>She's telling them the truths they all know, but don't want to face
those are banalities, and she does not bring up massive slave army fighting their war, not relevant to the thread
> In fact the entire Prequel Trilogy is showing the Jedi at their worst, and that is completely intentional. It's how Anakin turned in the first place.
yes, too bad George completly failed at doing that by not adressing things like in my OP. thats my fucking point, it's all wasted potential that better writers than Jorge tried to salvage in cartoons and shit.

t.JJ

And that's canon (^:

>In ep. 3 Anakin says thhat they and Dooku meet for the first time since their fight in II, yet in clone wars they meet and fight on multiple ocasions
>nobody mentions Anakins padawan

>Revenge of the Sith clearly states that Dooku hasn't seen Obi-Wan or Anakin since their duel on Geonosis
>Clone Wars shows them fighting, many many times since

>Grievous and Obi-Wan's duel in RotS is their first battle (I'VE BEEN TRAINED IN YOUR JEDI ARTS BY COUNT DOOKU)
>except for the millions of times they fought in the cartoon

>Muh Lucas is God of Star Wars

t. idiot who doesn't know anything about the actual creative process behind star wars

Lucas literally is responsible for almost nothing you actually like about Star Wars. Gary Kurtz, Willard Hyuck, Gloria Katz, Francis Ford Coppola, Brian de Palma, the editors, etc turned his basic idea and his garbage amateurish script into something palatable. Lucas jjust had the most money to throw around after the success of ANH because he owned sole merchandising rights

>In ep. 3 Anakin says thhat they and Dooku meet for the first time since their fight in II
Wrong. Anakin says his powers have "doubled since we last met".

>nobody mentions Anakins padawan
Why would they? She wasn't involved in the story at all, and her absence from the movie has already been explained.

And before you try to "but, b-but!" me with more bullshit, you should know that Lucas came up with the idea for Ahsoka long before the Prequels were even finished, so it's not even like they invented her long after the fact when she shouldn't have existed. It was always supposed to be canon that Anakin had an apprentice. But how would it make any sense to have some offhand reference to some random character never seen, who wouldn't be heard from for another 3 years, especially when her story hadn't even been written yet. At the time, Lucas didn't even know for sure if Ahsoka was still alive during the movie.

So they did the smart thing and left her absent, so they could tell her story and explain things later down the line.

>you should know that Lucas came up with the idea for Ahsoka long before the Prequels were even finished,

This is the man who said all six movies were written in the 80s when the prequels aren't even internally consistent with the OT

don't trust Lucas on fucking anything, he's a narcissistic manchild who will say anything to keep up appearances

There's literally footage of him and showrunner/artist Dave Filoni going through concept art of Ahsoka (called Ahsla at the time) before RotS was out.

Nah, that was just Filoni asking Lucas if his new OC waifu was good enough to be included somewhere.

>Wrong. Anakin says his powers have "doubled since we last met".
that makes no fucking sense in this context, why would his powers double in just a few weeks when he is already Jedi? this line onlly makes sense if last time they met he was still padawan and he's a knight now, it would also be a callbach to ANH then.
>Why would they? She wasn't involved in the story at all
yeah, why would Anakin bring up having trained a padawan when Jedi counil refused to name him master? it would make no sense. why was she never brought up in dialogue? I mean she was only Anakkins fucking padawan, why would she. she was totally planned :^)

>few weeks
The last time Anakin dueled Dooku was around a year before RotS. It makes perfect sense.

>yeah, why would Anakin bring up having trained a padawan when Jedi counil refused to name him master?
Watch the fucking show. It's almost as if she never actually passed her Padawan training, huh.

I think you're forgetting they're all Jango Fett. Nigga loved to fight.

Yes, the jedi have grown decadent by the prequels and in case you didn't know the Republic was the precursor to the Empire so it's not like two completely different institutions

I think it was kind of like a city-state situation where each planet had their own defense force but there wasn't a standing army across the galaxy

Until they get a taste of Twi'lek pussy, apparently.

you can see in that dude's eyes that he really wants to be in the battlefield shooting at droids

I just realized all the clones are adults at 10 and old guys/dead by 40. That's so depressing I'd probably rather go out in a blaze of glory with a little green fag anyway.

The clone wars seems to have a pretty decent story compared to the prequels but goddamn if it isnt a grade 3 eye sore. I wouldnt be able to watch a full season of that.

That's a thousand stare yards by the book

>I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my twi'lek slave, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into Felucia. I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute the Clanker squats in the spaceships, he gets stronger. Each time I looked around the walls moved in a little tighter.

STUPID FUCKING MOVIES

WHY THE FUCK THEY ARE SO STUPID AND AT THE SAME TIME VERY FUN AND ENJOYABLE... FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT ART GARBAGE SCRIPTED PUPPETS AND CGI SHITFEST.

I hate-love Sup Forums cuzz you guys teach me to hate this pile of crap flicks

don't forget that republic commando too whose sole ambition is rejoigning the front lines as soon as he learn he was a clone all along

I'm pretty sure The emperor subtly swayed and clouded all the jedi masters morals in clone wars

Im no big fan of the prequels, but in this case I think its more that anytime a character in a famous movie makes a mistake or acts hypocritically, Sup Forums makes it out like its a flaw by the creators.

Yoda realized he fucked everyone over. He lead a bunch of troops basically helping out a Sith lord. He tried to fight, but just fucked the galaxy forever. That's what he was trying to tell Luke, and why didn't want Luke to face Vader.

Also, he feared Luuke and Luuuke would be even more dangerous if he trained Luke.

Decent continuity is too demanding an expectation for the prequels (or TCW and Rebels, for that matter). Just think of how stupid the entire "Chosen One" plot point is.

I do like the idea of the Jedi's complacence being a variable in their undoing, but Yoda and company being hypocritical in that particular way feels out place and poorly explored if it was indeed intended.

Why did Yoda never try to fight Sheev again? He almost beat up. He was kicking his ass till he fell off that Senate chair.

>denying yourself objectively the best peice of Star Wars media that currently exists
No. It's mostly better than the prequels themselves, maybe.

Not canon

except it is, even in disney's new abortion of a canon

hhhhhhnnnnnnnnnngggggg

>Army of countless disposable droids versus countless disposable clones.
>We were supposed to be emotionally invested in the outcome of this war.

no we weren't, the war doesn't even have an outcome
you were supposed to be emotionally invested in anakin & obiwan's stories

>The Prequels ruined Star Wars.

Yes they did. Just watch 4-6 and forget the rest...

The story of Sheev manipulating both sides of the conflict, escalating it into a galactic total war and using it to leverage himself into total power could have been great if maybe the cost of that conflict would have been a bit higher than just a few Jedis.

lets start with the fact that from the clone was movie that acts as a prequel to the series anakin is refered as Master and gets an aprentice. He never becomes a master in the movies.

The series just gets so good that im willing to look past these mistakes.